SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : There are many voices in the earth...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

There are many voices in the earth...

I dare say most believers are familiar with this text from the book of corinthians. We live in a very busy world and things happen at a rapid frenetic pace. Indeed there are many things ...and many voices all vying for our attention on a daily ongoing basis. For example There are the voices of the media, voices of family and friends, voices from all kinds of teachers, voices at the workplace, air wave voices. etc, etc.

Some of which are not necessarily good or bad, evil or wrong. per se
However lots of voices and sounds are in the earth and as the apostle said they are all seeking to get our attention. Therefore what we allow or disallow give (heed to) is critical. As it determines character, affects choices and influences and changes outcomes (scenarios)

So we want to get it right from the onset and only allow those voices (in) which affect us for good...and for righteousness sake!!!

The voice of the almighty, the voice of the holy spirit, the voice which decreed ... my sheep hear my voice, and a stranger they will not follow!!!!! takes on great significance in an age of false teachers and false prophets. Indeed we need to hear his voice above all else.

So when shove comes to push and all is said and done. The one voice which is critical (absolutely critical) and crucial to hear is the masters. Yes the one that counts and counts the most. And the voice you want to prevail over all other voices. (amen and amen)

Because there are as it seems many voices in the world, and all these voices (as it were) seek a place, to take up residence ....between that gray matter called the mind.

So as we take time to refresh and reflect on the year that twas. As we pause and catch our breath this festive season remember to take time to hear the voice that counts (most) (his voice) and in the processs (thereby) shutting out all those other voices that compete daily for our attention.

Be still ....wait upon him... get to know....his voice. You will be better of for it and reap the rewards. Divine rewards!!

Indeed one can never become over familiar with that one voice!!

S.o.t

Be blessed saints.

Amen

2011/12/24 20:00Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: There are many voices in the earth...

"There are many Christians who fail here, and on that account do not understand what it is to have fellowship with Jesus. Do let me try and impress this upon you: God has given you a loving, living Saviour, and how can He bless if you do not meet Him? The joy of friendship is found in intercourse; and Jesus asks for this every day, that he may have time to influence me, to tell me of Himself, to teach me, to breathe His Spirit unto me, to give me new life and joy and strength. And remember, intercourse with Jesus does not mean half-an-hour or an hour in your closet. A man may study his Bible or his commentary carefully; he may look up all the parallel passages in the chapter; when he comes out of his closet he may be able to tell you all about it, and yet he has never met Jesus that morning at all. You have prayed for five or ten minutes, and you have never met Jesus. And so we must remember that though the Bible is most precious, and the reading of it most blessed and needful; yet prayer and Bible reading are not fellowship with Jesus.

What we need is to meet Jesus, and to say, "Lord, here is the day again, and I am just as weak in myself as ever I was; do Thou come and feed me this morning with Thyself and speak to my soul." Oh, friends, it is not your faith that will keep you standing, but it is a living Jesus, met
Every day in fellowship
- Andrew Murray "Jesus Himself"

2011/12/24 22:03Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Appropriate reply post. Andrew murray a well known respected christian, author, and prolific writer. Contributor of many fine christian articles in his life time. Oswald j sanders also i think penned enjoying intimacy with christ. Another good one.God bless

2011/12/24 22:10Profile
Dlight

Re:

Thank you sonofthunder and AurtherRosh for these wonderful posts; I could not have said it better.

I have been under much conviction this week to pay attention only to voices that matter as far as eternity is concerned, voices that will steer me towards Christ. I have gone around gathering information from all sorts of sources and places, and the overwhelming impact has been to take my mind off things above.

This information has hit the nail on the head, and it could not have been more timely for me. Isn't it wonderful how our Father works?

May God richly bless you.
Daphne.

2011/12/25 0:03Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"I have gone around gathering information from all sorts of sources and places,"

And is this not what will draw us away from the revealed will of God? We think we do not understand the WORD so we look to contemporaries to tell us what we want to hear...Ahhh...

Thanks for this reminder - I was also being impressed in my spirit about the voices out there that compete for my approval... a person is going to have to learn to shut them out, not give them any credibility. Oh,to discern which is which - some sound so fine and spiritual!

2011/12/26 17:12Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Very refreshing and true, Arthur Rosh!

2011/12/27 5:19Profile
sonofthunder

Re: There are many voices in the earth...

Although i cant speak on behalf of arthur im sure we both appeciate the kind words and responses. May god be glorifed in all things. Amen

2012/1/2 5:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy