SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  Martyrs are found in any religion....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Martyrs are found in any religion....

Pacing around the small room of the church, the Russian captain nodded towards the cross on the wall. “That is a lie, you know,” he said. “It’s just a piece of trickery you ministers use to delude the poor and make it easier for the rich to give you money. Come on now—we’re alone. Admit to me that you’ve never really believed Jesus Christ was the Son of God.”

Pastor “George” looked at the cross and then smiled. “Of course I believe it. It’s true.”
“I won’t have you play tricks on me!” cried the captain. He drew the revolver from the holster at his side and held it close to the minister’s body. “Unless you admit that it’s a lie, I will shoot you.”
“I cannot admit that, for it would be a lie,” said “George.” “Our Lord is really the true Son of God. Shooting me will not change that.”
The captain flung the revolver to the floor. The pastor was surprised when the soldier grabbed him by the arms with tears in his eyes.
“It’s true!” cried the captain. “It is true. I believe, too. I could not be sure men would die for this belief until I found it out for myself. Oh, thank you! You have strengthened my faith. Now I, too, can die for Christ. You showed me how.”

Martyrs are found in any religion. We say we are willing to die for our faith. They say they are willing to die for theirs. How does a Christian martyr prove his or her faith any more so than a Muslim extremist? We don’t. That Muslims are willing to die for their faith does not prove the reliability of their religion any more than our own willingness proves Christianity. God alone proves He is the true God. We testify to the truth. But God is the truth. His testimony about His Son far outweighs your own. Others can show you how to die for Jesus. But only God can give you complete assurance that it is worth it.

2011/12/22 11:04Profile
Creation7

Re: Martyrs are found in any religion....

Quote:
That Muslims are willing to die for their faith does not prove the reliability of their religion any more than our own willingness proves Christianity. God alone proves He is the true God. We testify to the truth. But God is the truth. His testimony about His Son far outweighs your own. Others can show you how to die for Jesus. But only God can give you complete assurance that it is worth it.

Amen!! Well said!

2011/12/22 11:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy