SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Captivated" - new Christian documentary

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mama27

"Captivated" - new Christian documentary

I just received in the mail, and watched, the new documentary out called "Captivated" which is about the Christian response to the digital age we live in. It is probably preaching to the choir for many on SI, but I thought gave valuable statistics and would be helpful in sharing with friends and family. I thought it was excellent.

You can view the trailer at www.CaptivatedTheMovie.com

2011/12/19 20:00Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: "Captivated" - new Christian documentary

I just took a look at the trailer and looks interesting and very relevant.

I could not help thinking though, it is a bit amusing that they are using 'media' to warn about 'media'!:)
Also I and all us SI users are also using 'media' in a big way.

That said it is a legitimate concern about how much media controls our lives. I suppose it is like most things; Do we use media as a tool and control it, or does it control us?

2011/12/20 4:05Profile

Re:

Is this from Tim Challies?

If so... I highly recommend Challies. I met him a few months ago at a conference.

Krispy

2011/12/20 5:46

Re: "Captivated" - new Christian documentary

amen. dont worry, God will see to it, thats why its called EMP, and that Day is coming.

so start saving Bibles, lots of paper and pens....besides candles!

we're going to need them.

2011/12/20 6:44
mama27

Re:

"I could not help thinking though, it is a bit amusing that they are using 'media' to warn about 'media'!:)
Also I and all us SI users are also using 'media' in a big way."

I think they were referring more to "media addiction" as seen in many people's lives with tv, texting, Facebook, multi-tasking, etc.

It is put out by Phillip Telfer (who has a website called MediaTalk101), and not Tim Challies. But I have also appreciated things I have seen and read by Challies.

2011/12/20 7:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy