SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : newbie

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tamiek

Indiana

I am new here. I've been looking for a source of used Christian audio books, or discounted. Better yet, this site provides free audio files.

I am looking for direction. I am pursuing a B.A. in Mass Communications and an A.A. in English with a concentration in writing. I am almost done with school and the prayer of my heart is that God will lead me to use my talents to glorify him. I want to work in Christian Broadcasting.

I am also working in the children's ministry in my church with toddlers.

2005/1/12 13:01Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: newbie

Hi Tamie,

You have come to the right place. There are thousands of sermons (audio and text) to listen to or read. You will find that the writings on sermonindex are 'stronger' than what is typically found in Bible Bookstores. I mean this both doctrinally and in spiritual substance. This is a very good thing for someone looking to serve the Lord in writing.

Welcome to Sermonindex!

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/1/12 14:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am new here. I've been looking for a source of used Christian audio books, or discounted. Better yet, this site provides free audio files.

Welcome dear sister! There are many audio books on the site that you can find and yes everything is absolutely free to download. I'd love for you to be involved in this ministry. I have been desiring to put together some radio shows for the site for some time and could definitely use your help. I won't have alot of time since I will be busy attending Bible College. Again, feel free to use the materials on the site for your encouragement and let me know if you would be able to help out. God bless you, sister.

2005/1/12 16:10Profile
tamiek

Indiana

Re:

Me?... Help out?
Hmm... maybe as I become more acquainted with this site and if time permits. But truthfully I am not real familiar with most of the authors/preachers there are audio files. I have thought of researching folks like Wesley and Calvin and other legendary founding fathers. I have so many questions about Christianity as a whole, from a historical perspective. I am always trying to find the teachers who most reflect the truth of God's word.

When I was little I had gone to several different denominations of churches and you would think that this would make a person confused. I have been in churches that were legalistic in their teachings, and using doctrine to control the congregation. The church I am in now teaches "the truth" but I feel that that they only give spiritual milk on their menu. So I am always searching for meat. I don't think I am the denomination of the church I attend but I know that the Lord can and will use me as he works his good will in me.

As for qualifications, I did have a small testimonial magazine in the church for a few years. I was the editor-in-chief and I published testimonies to inspire other Christians. But I often wondered if my own articles were too "meatly" for the church itself. I kept thinking the pastor would tell me to stop publishing it. I quit because I got busy with school too. And some people in the church miss the magazine and want it back. But it was just time consuming adn expensive to publish and I didn't feel that I was mature enough as a Christian to run it.

2005/1/12 20:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy