SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Your thoughts on how to stay close to God daily...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen!

Time with Him alone in the quiet of our hearts. A longing to hear from Him - to get to know Him more. Being in His Presence alone is exciting and addicting. Not for what we can get but to fellowship with Him. We were created to have fellowship with Him. The more we get to know Him - the more we will fall in love with Him.

Then when we are with others we are about His business filled with Him not just our personalities. We will have something to give out. We will hear when the Holy Spirit is whispering what to say, where to go etc.

With Him all things are possible without Him nothing is possible.

Seek first the Kingdom of God.....
Turn your eyes upon Jesus....
Lift Him up and He will draw all men to Himself...

May we all be blessed with a hunger and thirst for an intimate relationship with our Savior, the lover of our souls. May our passions, dedication, desires, obsessions become Jesus, the lover of our souls.

2011/12/21 10:37Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
When a man sets himself to seek God almighty and to want Him more than anything else, his desires change. He is careful not to put any evil thing before his eyes, he is careful not to grieve the holy Spirit. In fact, since he is being diligent that way, God helps him make right choices in maintaining that relationship. I know that to be true. It's only when we press to have something that is going to be harmful to that relationship that brings trouble, and it's not easy to get that relationship back the way it once was. It's not impossible, it's just harder to attain.

Right, I know what you mean. And remembering what Bro Du Toit said, that everything you read, you're forcing the Holy Spirit to read, everything you listen to, laugh at, everywhere you go, and so forth... The "forcing" part may or may not be theologically correct, but those things are the things that grieve Him.

Ginnyrose and Doug,
Thanks for the practical ideas and guidelines...there's so much in those lines you've written; I suppose it comes down to having a single eye--for Christ alone.

Quote:
Then when we are with others we are about His business filled with Him not just our personalities. We will have something to give out. We will hear when the Holy Spirit is whispering what to say, where to go etc...May our passions, dedication, desires, obsessions become Jesus, the lover of our souls.

AMEN!

God bless; I so appreciate your thoughts and time!

2011/12/21 14:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy