SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : i need my faith back!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re: i need my faith back!

Sister, I don't know what a young girl will go though as I am a man in 20s. But having come from your age recently, I would say keep your heart pure for God by running away from things that corrupt you. That is the easiest way to escape temptations is to run away from them. For example, regarding temptations of Pervert thoughts they attack us only if we see something obscene, like a romance in movie etc. Watching a romantic movie might not be a sin according to us, but if it puts a seed in us resulting in pervert thinking then it is better to run away from such movies.

1 Corinthains 1-7:-
I thank [c]my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge, even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed [d]in you, so that you are not lacking in any gift, awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is a thought that I heard recently that encouraged me so much. This above verse is Paul's prayer for Corinthians Church. Later Paul writes about the conduct of this Church which is in such a bad state, they have a man who is living with his Father's wife and there were people using their gifts to boast etc. But even to such a Church Paul says that they will be presented Blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. This gives great hope to us that whatever be our current state we can have our Hope resting in Jesus so that one day we will be presented Blameless before him.

2011/12/19 10:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

You have the Mind of Christ, as He has been born again in you.

Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

2Co 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

How are you perfect? In Christ, which Paul says 146 times in all His epistles.

If we let our minds roam, we will roam. As much as it is possible for you not to do this, and if we roam, pray that God would take hold of our minds which are in Christ Jesus and keep us on the right path and the Faith of God will set you free. This takes practice and we all roam at different times and in differenty quantity and quality. Don't let this deter you. Keep seeking that which is above and the peace of God in Jesus Christ which surpasses all worldly thinking will give you peace, not the peace of the world but the Peace of Jesus Christ who has given you His Faith, which you now have in you by Him.

God bless you little sister, I am grandfather to so many and father to 7. I will be keeping you in my prayers always.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/12/19 19:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy