SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : i need my faith back!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ineedChrist

i need my faith back!

Please read and help...

Im a 14 year old girl. All my life i have loved Jesus. When i was little all i wanted to do was please God. I wouldnt even say stupid. I would always pray. I wouldnt ever do bad things.

All the way till now i have loved God full heartedly. I stil love him and want to please Him. But lately it seems im so far away from Him. In church today i was sitting there in deep thought allmost in tears ready to explode yelling. I kept questioning if God was really there. I know he is there but these sinful rediculous questions are in my head. I cant take it anymore. I need to bring my life back to God but its as if im losing my faith but I dont want to lose it.

Recently i have had a ton of homework and ij always pick up my ipod. Talking to certian people i have been desensitized to cussing and perverted ess. I want to get away from sinful thoughts but they crowd my mind and i want them out! I want to be good i want my faith. I WANT JESUS CHRIST IN ME LIKE HE ALWAYS HAS. Im confused and need help. Ive praued that God would restore my faith and goodness.

Please give me advice

2011/12/18 20:20Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: i need my faith back!

Hello ineedChrist,

Scripture: Psalm 51:6

"Behold, You delight in truth in the inward being and You teach me wisdom in the secret heart."

One thing I would say is be honest with God and what you are going through. If you meditate on this verse, the Lord will show you that He delights in honesty. He's happy and/or blessed when you are honest with Him. Afterwards, He will teach you wisdom in the secret heart. As I meditated on this verse, the Lord said to me, "After you have told me everything in your heart, I will give you wisdom/revelation/truth that will seer in your innermost being, causing you to walk with Me all the more." And I believe it is a greater revelation of the Person of Christ. God help you in this walk. He is slow to anger, abounding in steadfast love. Remember, Christianity is not about how on fire you are for God; that's only the by-product as Paris Reidhead would put it. Christianity IS Christ.

So if you know the Gospel of Jesus Christ, meditate on it. Renew your mind in it as Romans 12:2 commands that we are to be refreshed in the truth (the word of God). Ask the Lord for grace to live the Christian life.

There are very solid books that I would recommend to you to help you in your walk. They've helped me to understand more about the Person of Christ and how I'm under the grace of God.

Justification and Regeneration by Charles Leiter - https://s3.amazonaws.com/Challies_BlogStuff/Justification_and_Regeneration_-_Charles_Leiter_%5BEnglish%5D.pdf

The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee - http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/nee/nchrlife/nclcont.htm

The Life that Wins by Watchman Nee - http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/nee/life_wins/lifewin.htm

These books are full of the grace of God and eye-openers. But never have it replace the Bible, for many books out there are not always perfect and must be tested with Scripture. I pray that this will help.

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2011/12/18 21:58Profile

Hi,

Resist the devil and he will flee. If you don't want to be confused then you must do what you know is right and stop doing what you know is wrong. The message of the culture is "Do what you want to do." The Bible says the opposite. Deny yourself. Don't do what you want to do. Do the will of Another. Do what Christ wants you to do. You are a slave and He is your Master.

If you know you should do something and you don't do it, you will begin to drown into darkness, confusion, and depression.

It's extremely painful and hard. Many times you won't want to obey the Lord but you must do it if you love Him. Is Christ really worth it to you? Perhaps the Lord is telling you that you need to get away from those people who curse and are perverted?

If I were you, I would run from everything that draws you away from the Lord and causes you to question whether or not He exists. No matter how much pleasure that thing brings you, if it starts to cool your love for Christ, it's got to go!

Only you really know what those things are and I encourage you to submit yourself to God today because He is worthy of your obedience, your love, and your worship.

I pray these words will bless you and that God would help you to be obedient to Him and walk in the light.

2011/12/18 22:11
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

IneedChrist, How great it is to hear about your past faithfulness to God and serving Christ. All of us have been where you are now even as adults.

My daughter was just like you from grade school even now serving the Lord in College. As a matter of fact, she is in her 3rd year of nursing school. She believes that she was called into the mission field as a nurse.

I remember during her high school years she was singled out by many of the social elite, teased, ect. She didn't fight back, she found other christian students to hang around with. They would witness their faith to others and soon after they were all legal to drive would stay after school and prayed for the students, faculty, staff and the Nation.

You're not alone. Talk with your parents and pastor, form a prayer or bible study group and witness your faith for Christ. Since you can not drive use your cell phone and conference others to pray.

Study the word... "for faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. You need to learn to stir your faith up 2Tim. Verse unknown.

I will be praying for you,
W.R.Cato,II aka SonSigns

2011/12/18 22:50Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Man cannot give you faith, but man can help you "through the roof" as it were. In other words, there were friends and men who dropped the man who could not walk through that roof on that day.

I highly recommend that you find someone seasoned in the faith, who is trustworthy to speak with, like a grandmother or anyone whom you know who is godly and is willing to pray through these issues with you. We all have had varying experiences in our walks with Christ, and when I was 17 I too went through a crisis of faith, and rather than seeking out the wisdom of my elders, I fought through my struggles alone. I suspect certain sorrows might have been prevented had I been forthcoming in sharing my plight with wiser people than myself.

Praying for you.

2011/12/18 23:01Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i am an old man who has raised 8 kids and have been stern and snarly at times.i think you need to understand that you are not holding the hand of Jesus so that He won't leave you but He is holding your hand and He knows that He will never leave you or forsake you for He loves you beyond your faiths limits.jimp

2011/12/19 0:48Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Praise God that you are not satisfied with the way that you are living without Jesus. God has put that hunger and thirst for righteousness in your heart. If you seek the Lord with your whole heart then you will find Him.

Seperate yourself from your friends and the world and spend time with God in prayer and in reading the words of Jesus. The gospel of John is a good place to start. Fill your heart and mind with the Word of God, and ask God to fill you with His Spirit.

Confess your sins to the Lord and He will cleanse you in the precious blood of Jesus. Trust in the Lord to keep you. He will keep you in perfect peace as you set your heart and mind on Him.

Mike

2011/12/19 7:44Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

I am 51 years old and God is still teaching me that the day is enough. There are seconds, minutes, and hours, and I should not burden myself with tomorrow when I have today. He brings us daily to the cross. We should live daily conversing with Him. We should live daily seeing His creative hand. We should live daily eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Lean not upon your righteousness but His. Remember what Jesus reminded us of when one called Him good. None is good but God alone. So it is Christ in us who is good.

The world is a foreign place to the Christian, though it does provide a temporary address. Walk daily with Christ, and as others have said, He will give you the strength you need. You cannot produce it by yourself. We were created to be dependent upon Him. My prayers little sister.

2011/12/19 8:45Profile

Re:

Praying for you, iNeedChrist.

The poster Michael Liao did well to recommend Watchman Nee's books. They were a great help to me when I first became a Christian. The website "worldinvisible" where those books are found, is very good as well.

Taking back our thought life is far from impossible.
Just refilling our minds with the Good things of GOD and not making room to feed on any of the other things is do-able.

Bless you and know that, regardless of how long we've been saved, we walk by faith in Him that loves us and not by 'feelings'.
If even the Prodigal son could be received back, after all that he had done, you need to know that you haven't gone anywhere near as far as he had.

We all face attacks and struggles with our confidence in The LORD to accept us, regardless how long we've been saved, if we have a sensitive conscience. And we all have to deal with the same tactics of our common enemy.

I'm glad you posted for prayer.... you have it here.

He leaves the 99 and goes after the one.

He loves you!!

2011/12/19 9:11
ArtB

New York

Dear ineedChrist,

Do not let your circumstances control you, you should aim to control your circumstances. Your true friends will respect you if you show moral courage based on sound convictions.

God loves you, and what you can not do, He can, and He will, do for you. He has given you the indwelling Holy Spirit who prays for you and Whom works in you daily to transform your very nature so that you will do the good God created all of us to do. Trust God, He will not fail you. God loves you.

As to your current stress, trust God to do for you what you can not do for yourself.

We all sin, even though we wish not to sin. Holiness is not the absence of sin in our life, Holiness is the presence of God in us.

Here is sound wisdom from John the Apostle, that applies to your situation.

1 Jn 1:5-10
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. NASU

AND,

1 John 4:15-20

15 "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

"We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

"By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

"We love, because He first loved us."

And we, His children, should love one another also.

May God richly bless you, it is His will to do so.

2011/12/19 9:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy