SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God's Manifested Presence at Bible School

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

God's Manifested Presence at Bible School

Yesterday at school (Lee University Charlotte Center), class turned into a revival service :)

Our professor gave a powerful, tear jerking testimony, which moved the entire class to prayer. God then poured out His spirit, and people spoke in tongues and interpreted, and gave words, and just worshiped God.

We prayed for people, and moments later, a student's wife who has been sick called to say she was healed of whatever it was she had. There was a great deal of repentance, and people who were in hidden sins confessed them to the glory of God.

Saints opened up their wallets and check books and gave to a sister in need.

It is really something, the class is an intro to systematic theology (christian thought) class, and the teacher was teaching about how God has and does reveal things concerning His character in various manifestations (such as the vision in Isaiah 6). The odd thing about all this is that some people were having a hard time understanding all these things, and it is as if God just decided He was going to teach class last night. Our class was going to get out last night about 30 minutes earlier than normal, and we ended up staying 30 minutes past when it normally ends. Many of the students have to drive 1-3 hours to get back home.

Praise God :)

Just on a side note, there were a few "unusual" manifestations that might be for concern. Some people were perhaps acting out in the flesh. One lady giggled a little bit.

We had 2 people "fall out in the Spirit." And it was something, because each time it happened, just as the two students were being prayed for, they pretty much fell flat. But no sooner than that happened were a few students coming up to catch this student. It's like they knew these students were going to just fall. Some of these students do not know eachother other than the couple weeks we've been in class.

2003/9/12 16:20Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: God's Manifested Presence at Bible School

PTC, REMEMBER TO CENTER YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE INTIMACY OF CHRIST, DON'T GET LOST IN THE MANIFESTATIONS OF THE SPIRIT...IT IS POSSIBLE TO MOVE YOUR FOCUS ONTO THOSE MANIFESTATIONS (AS MANY HAVE DONE) AND TOTALLY MISS CHRIST...SEEK HIS FACE....MOSES DID'NT GET LOST IN THE EXPERIENCE OF THE BURNING BUSH---HE FOCUSED ON THE PRESENCE OF GOD....I'LL PRAY FOR YOU BROTHER

2003/9/12 16:39Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Indeed. My focus most the time was on Christ. Sometimes I'd lift my head up and just observe the room, but most the time I was in great prayer and worshiping God.

2003/9/12 16:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
PTC, REMEMBER TO CENTER YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE INTIMACY OF CHRIST

AMEN, this is a rebuke I think all Christians need to hear. Books, Manifestations, Sermons, are not the things to look at as much as Christ Himself.

Quote:
by sdb

sdb, one thing, can you please don't use CAPS all the time it makes it quite unreadable after awhile. thanks so much :-D

2003/9/12 16:43Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: Sorry Greg

Sorry Greg- about the caps--I'm getting older.... :-D

2003/9/12 16:47Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Is Lee University apart of The Church of God of Cleaveland Tenn.?

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2003/9/13 0:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:
Is Lee University apart of The Church of God of Cleaveland Tenn.?

Yes it is. It is a Liberal Arts school, which started off as a Bible college back in the 1930's. I currently attend the annex campus in Charlotte, which is specifically geared towards ministry and biblical studies.

2003/9/13 10:51Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
Yes it is. It is a Liberal Arts school, which started off as a Bible college back in the 1930's. I currently attend the annex campus in Charlotte, which is specifically geared towards ministry and biblical studies.

That's awesome. One of my best friends is a minister in the Church of God Denomination. He just recently received his exhorter's license. He and I have been attending Central Bible College in Springfield Mo. Right now, though I am taking a year off to pay down my student loans. I'm working on my credentials, though.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2003/9/13 17:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy