SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Blessings and Tithing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by Sree -- Take example of Moses building the tabernacle or Solomon building temple, both of them were built by Cheerful giving and not by Tithe.

Moses and Solomon were godfathers of the Law brother, they didn't compromise in anyway, they didn't ask the people for their tithes, they made the people give their tithes and free will offering on top of that.

See my question is not about free will offering, it's about why the churches push the doctrine of tithing whilst preaching free from the law.

2011/12/17 13:56
staff

Re:

Hi again,
The points made are interesting but the thread inst meant to be a to tithe or not to tithe thread so I will again
put it forward thanks staff

I guess my question is more for christians who Tithe,
I'l just repeat it so you dont have to look back.

If I bless Israel,I am promised to be blessed but christians who tithe say if I dont tithe I dont get blessed.So here I am a christian who blesses Israel but does not Tithe.
Do I get blessed or not?

2011/12/17 16:13Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Blessings and Tithing

Quote:
theEphah wrote:
Great question, I need some insight on this subject also. I don't understand why most churches teach against the law of Moses and at the same time ask their members to tithe. I wonder why.

If you do not give cheerfully to anyone on a monthly basis, you should be giving cheerfully to a church instead. The Lord honors your giving.

2011/12/17 17:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Staff wrote:
If I bless Israel,I am promised to be blessed but christians who tithe say if I dont tithe I dont get blessed.So here I am a christian who blesses Israel but does not Tithe.

Staff,

I do not believe that one is necessarily dependent upon the other.

Since you are not getting the answer you are seeking, let me ask you this... Are you talking about giving monetarily to Israel or are you sending your 'tithe' to Israel? Maybe the answer will help us answer you more clearly.

God bless you, brother,
Lisa

2011/12/17 17:44Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lisa,
I think blessing Israel is not about finances and I dont think you could tithe to State of Israel(not scriptural) but you could Tithe to an evangelistic organisation or church that evangelizes in Israel if you believed in tithing.
However God says that he will bless us if we bless Israel and that could be financially,who knows,who can limit God in the way he blesses.
My point is that tithing and being blessed by God for blessing Israel are at odds with each other if people that tithe are saying that god wont bless you financially if you dont tithe.I think that one is correct and the other isnt.
Why do you not believe one isnt dependant on the other?

thanks staff

2011/12/17 18:26Profile
tammyM

Re: Blessings and Tithing

In the beginning Cain and Abel tithed Abel of his livestock and Cain of the yield of the ground so tithing in that sense was being done from the beginning.

God says I AM the same yesterday and forever Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change" The laws of God are still in effect today. God has not changed

God The Son Jesus says "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Paul says in Romans 3:27-31
"Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law."

Malachi 3:8-9
“Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, ‘How do we rob you?’“In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me.

Malachi 3:13-15
“You have said harsh things against me,” says the Lord. “Yet you ask, ‘What have we said against you?’
“You have said, ‘It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by carrying out his requirements and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly the evildoers prosper, and even those who challenge God escape.’”

If we do not tithe the work of God cannot be done fully such as sending missionaries overseas to evangelize.
If you break one commandment its like breaking all. How can you place one above the other?

Jesus says again "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:19

2011/12/17 18:50Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Tammy,
My question is not about tithing as I dont believe it correct for today.
My question is how do tithers reconcile God blessing those who bless Israel.
If I bless Israel God is bound by his word to bless me in whatever way he chooses which could be financially but alot of christians who tithe say that if you dont tithe god wont bless you financially.So my Question is what if a christian blesses Israel financially but does not tithe,what will god do?(according to a chritian tither point of view)
On a footnote all though the thread is in essence not about it, the beginning of Acts gives account of giving not tithing to support gods work.
I will be interested in your reply,
thanks Staff

2011/12/17 19:05Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

So my Question is what if a christian blesses Israel financially but does not tithe,what will god do?

I think everyone including me has answered this question. I believe by saying 'blessing Israel financially' you mean you give money to Church but does not give exactly 10% as stated in Tithe system.
In Christian life giving is all about Spirit filled giving with a motive to serve God and not in a way expecting a return of Blessing. Those who Tithe with an expectation of getting a Financial blessing back might get a financial blessing but will have no reward in Heaven (ref Matthew 6).

Matthew 6-3:-But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

That is why I believe even passing the offering bucket in public before everyone in Church is against the teachings of Jesus who told us not to give in Public.
If you truly believe in the teachings of Jesus then you should not remember the financial offerings made to Church. If you do not remember them then where is the question of getting whether you will be blessed or not as you have not tithed.

2011/12/17 21:05Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Sree,
I dont think you have a handle on my question yet sorry,

God says he will bless those who bless Israel.

Alot of Tithers say that you wont get any financial or financial related blessing unless you tithe(my question is really for these people who hold this view)

These two views are at odds with each other,do you agree?
Yours Staff

2011/12/18 16:11Profile

Re:

- Staff - I think I see what you mean, If you are looking at tithing from the view point of the Law, then yes you must tithe in order to receive any financial blessing because that's what the scripture says see Proverbs 3:9-10

But if you believe that the Law does not apply to you, then I guess it doesn't matter does it?

2011/12/18 22:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy