SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : new christian question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
iambornagain

new christian question

hello,

my name is john and I am a new believer in the lord jesus christ.
i was hoping you could help me to groe so i signrd up.
there is alot of confusion cuz i have been to church and
more than one and it seems like they all just like bash each other. i know i am saved because i believe jesus is the only way to heaven and that he is god's son but so do the churches i been to but its like no one is happy with eavh other like they could teach me the wrong way. i have been to babtist and like more than one kind and its like one says the other is too liberal. and i been to charismatic or maybe pentecostal and its like one sais i have to have tongues but i just get confused.
i was hoping someone would say something encouraging. i want to grow but its like some people make me feel really guilty. i know i am a sinner but i have a new chance cuz jesus sais i do. sometimes i don't like feel good enough to be a christian.
thanks for reading thanks for your help

2011/12/11 19:14Profile
DieingtoLive

Re: new christian question

Dear iambornagain,

First of all halleluja and praise be to our loving God who gives us eternal life through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

And this is the record that God hath given to us, Eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that Hath the Son hath eternal life and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 1 Jn 5:11-12

I wish I had my Bible handy to give you more encouraging words from our Lord to us who believe.

But I want to encourage you that it is God who begins this work in us and it will be God who finishes it all the way to heaven if we trust and obey Him.

Dear brother instead of worrying about what this church or that is saying right now is to seek Him with all your heart, mind and strenth.

Get into His word and pray diligently for Him to open your heart & mind to hear what He is speaking.

My family across the miles is studying Romans chapters 6,7 & 8.

BTW none of us is good enough to go to heaven, it is a free gift and that by His (Jesus) death that we would be reconciled to Him. Glory in that He loves us that much to leave the throne of Heaven to suffer and die to redeem us and make us His very own.

That's why I'm am dieing to live.
Welcome and hope to hear back soon.

2011/12/11 23:44Profile

Re: John

Brother praise God over your decision to follow Jesus. I agree with ny sister. Get a Bible in a contemporary translation and start reading it to grow in Jesus. Start reading the New Testament. Best recommendation start in the gospel of John. John teaches who Jesus is. Pray and read and read and pray God will reveal Jesus to you as you read through John.

Get some good guided Bible studies that will guide you through the scriptures. The Navigators have an excellent Bible study series called Design for Discipleship. This is six Bible study books that will get you into the word and ground you in Jesus. They also have an excellent Bible memory course to get you into scripture memory.

But brother whatever you do the important thing is to get into the word and grow.

If I can be of any help to you my cell and email are below. Please feel free to write or call. Praying for you.

Blaine Scogin
the.persecution,watch@gmail.com.

2011/12/12 0:40

Hi John,

I know that it can be hard when you are a new christian.
You are eager to please God and do what He says but you get confused by what other people are doing. You start to lose your peace and get frazzled and you think that maybe God doesn't hear you. And that maybe He has a purpose for everyone else but you. That you are only a baby Christian and then make you feel guilty and others that are in the body of Christ make you feel bad. Maybe you did something wrong? Why doesn't He hear me? You may be asking yourself.

John, don't let the enemy take away your peace. Don't let churches and what other people do confuse you. Don't even worry about them or judge them by what Jesus says.

Right now, Jesus has eyes only for you. Not what others are doing. Don't let the enemy confuse you and take your eyes off of Jesus. He's the most important thing. Above all else. It's Him. And right now He wants to walk step by step with you. Every second He is with you. He will never leave you.

But the enemy and distractions like ppl are always going to be there. And you have to know what God says. The only way you can be sure and not doubt yourself is to read His Word.

Get to know God. His personality. What hurts Him. Why He cares so much.
What He thinks about you. What's He like?

He just waits for us patiently John to get to know Him. To discover Him. To be His friend. And that takes time. God is never in a rush. Because He's orchestrating a huge masterpiece to come together and you are apart that.

You have to ARM yourself by reading the Bible. Because the more confident you are in Him the less the enemy can take Your peace.

He watches you like an almond branch. Do you know how long it takes anything to grow when your watching it every second? Forever....

God's timing is different from ours. But He's always in the lead. And He's always driving. Grow strong in the Word. It's going to take time but He's not going anywhere....

Bless you little brother. You are in Good Hands.

2011/12/12 1:48

Hi John,

You are eager to please God and do what He says but you get confused by what other people are doing. You start to lose your peace and get frazzled and you think that maybe God doesn't hear you. And that maybe He has a purpose for everyone else but you. That you are only a baby Christian and then make you feel guilty and others that are in the body of Christ make you feel bad. Maybe you did something wrong? Why doesn't He hear me? You may be asking yourself.

John, don't let the enemy take away your peace. Don't let churches and what other people do confuse you. Don't even worry about them or judge them by what Jesus says.

Right now, Jesus has eyes only for you. Not what others are doing. Don't let the enemy confuse you and take your eyes off of Jesus. He's the most important thing. Above all else. It's Him. And right now He wants to walk step by step with you. Every second He is with you. He will never leave you.

But the enemy and distractions like ppl are always going to be there. And you have to know what God says. The only way you can be sure and not doubt yourself is to read His Word.

He just waits for us patiently John to get to know Him. To discover Him. To be His friend. And that takes time. God is never in a rush. Because He's orchestrating a huge masterpiece to come together and you are apart that.

You have to ARM yourself by reading the Bible. Because the more confident you are in Him the less the enemy can take Your peace.

He watches you like an almond branch. Do you know how long it takes anything to grow when your watching it every second? Forever....

God's timing is different from ours. But He's always in the lead. And He's always driving. Grow strong in the Word. It's going to take time but He's not going anywhere....

2011/12/12 1:49

Hi John,

2011/12/12 1:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy