Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Site - SQL loading problems

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Site - SQL loading problems

Dear Saints,

We are working on getting the site to load better. We are still trying to work out if it is a server issue or coding issue. Thank you for your patience and prayers. Right now its taking on average 5 seconds for each page to load which is not satisfactory at all.

Thank you for your prayers as we work this out. As before in every case the Lord has provided something good in this problem, as already I have seen a blessing come from this.

2011/12/11 7:33Profile

Re: Site - SQL loading problems

Is it just SI or is it the internet itself? I noticed it yesterday on SI, I thought it was my computer, but since you mentioned it, It's the same thing on the internet when I was shopping. I wonder if it's the amount of buying and selling that is putting a strain on the net itself. Just a thought.

2011/12/11 9:26

Re:

I was just thinking a couple of days ago of how fast this site is, meaning that most threads just zip right through because there seem to be so many new posts. I looked at the devotional section and ten out of 20 posts had no comments and most of the others had maybe one comment. It seems to me that we use to be able to linger and consider the posts more thoughtfully, maybe thats just me? Perhaps the Lord has slowed down the site for the moment? ..........brother Frank

2011/12/11 13:36
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen brother, there are always benifits to times where trials or problems come. Please do keep praying saints that God will give me and others wisdom to help fix these things on the site.

And that God would protect this site from spammers and other users like that.

2011/12/12 10:05Profile

Re:

thanks to brother greg and all the others who are keeping this site going! may the Lord greatly bless each of you and give you wisdom at times needed.

i'm sure ya'll have already thought of this, but if the servers are stored there locally, have the internet and sql services been restarted themselves? sometimes the services just need a little reboot. but, as we all know, always get a good solid backup of all the internet pages/sites and sql databases beforehand...

i've been out of the IT industry since 2005 so i feel rather foolish even mentioning anything at all, but just thought i'd offer my .02. in His great love and sisterhood!

2011/12/12 11:21
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Thank you for the advice it is helpful. I did reset the servers. I sent an email to you with my phone number in case you have time help walk through some things with me.

thanks brother.

2011/12/12 11:28Profile
learjet

Re:

Are you on a dedicated server?

If you are on shared server OR A VPN (VPN's are still shared, thus the virtual) the site could be suffering as a result or what someone else on the server is doing. Either way it shouldn't be happening, the CMS is low overhead and so is the forum software, moving to a faster dedicated box or a better host might be the only thing that you can do.

What is the server load and how many sites are on it? The server load will tell you right away what the problem is, you should be able to see the total server load and what this site contributing to it. Regardless whether you are using PLESK or Cpanel you should be able to find out the server load easily.

Not trying to sound snarky, it's hard to speak geek without sounding this way and my communication skills in writing could be better (grace needed) :-)

Peace! :-)

2011/12/12 21:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The Lord showed us what was happening and God willing it is taken care of. Please continue to pray for this site and for its protection from the Lord.

2011/12/12 21:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy