SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Grace

GRACE

We have left to the end the most important characteristic in the training of the disciple of Jesus Christ. That is the quality of living the Christian life with grace. We use the word “grace” to describe many things in life:

• A well-coordinated athlete or dancer
• Good manners and being considerate of others
• Beautiful, well-chosen words
• Consideration and care of other people
• Various expressions of kindness and mercy

To show grace is to extend favor or kindness to one who doesn’t deserve it and can never earn it. Receiving God’s acceptance by grace always stands in sharp contrast to earning it on the basis of works. Every time the thought of grace appears, there is the idea of its being undeserved. In no way is the recipient getting what he or she deserves. Favor is being extended simply out of the goodness of the heart of the giver.

Also, grace is absolutely and totally free. You will never be asked to pay it back. You couldn’t even if you tried. Grace comes to us free and clear with no strings attached. It is the act of unmerited favor – most often to the down and out.

Christ came down from heaven and he reminds us that the greatest in the kingdom is the one who serves. The ladder of power reaches up, the ladder of grace reaches down.

Dr. Donald Barnhouse said it best: “Love that goes upward is worship; love that goes outward is affection; love that stoops is grace.”

Jesus never used the word itself. He just taught it and lived it. And it was written as a description of how He lived His life. The Apostle John describes Jesus’ glory as “full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). In a world of darkness and demands, rules and regulations, requirements and expectations demanded by the hypocritical religious leaders, Jesus came and ministered in a new and different way.

After commenting on His glory, John goes on to add, “From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another” (John 1:16). John and the other disciples became marked men. His style became theirs. They absorbed his tolerance, acceptance, love, warmth and compassion so that it ultimately transformed their lives. They too lived their lives demonstrating grace!

Thus grace is Christianity’s best gift to the world. It’s a force stronger than vengeance, stronger than racism, stronger than hate.

RESPONSE
Today I desire to be a person like Jesus – full of grace and truth.

PRAYER
Pray that God would fill your life with the ability to live with the grace of our Lord Jesus.

2011/12/10 11:41Profile
Elibeth

Re: Grace

Joyfull Heart,
Please, I say all these things with all humility.
Please consider this :
We cannot come to God, except He draw us.
Remember how His Spirit drawed us in the beginning ?
He did not give us grace ,and then take back...it was a drawing Power.
Art Katz once said that Grace was God Himself '(end of quote)

Grace is : The Devine influence upon the Heart and it's reflection in the life.
(1) The Devine influence upon the heart, : ...the hearing of the Word
(God, The Word ,Word/ Spirit, ) drawing us to Himself.

(2)And it's reflection in the life. (The doing of the Word) ...(the doers of the Word and (not a hearer only).

It is a free gift,..we did / do not deserve it ...it is by His mercy and grace.
Jesus was Full of Grace and Truth ,as you said., He did all the will of the
Father.

His grace draws us to the kingdom of God .(A place where the King rules and is Lord.)

(1 Peter:7)Heirs together, of the grace of God.
(1Peter 5:10)the God of all grace
(2 Peter 1:2) grace be multified
(Jas.4:6) He giveth more grace
(Heb.12:15)Looking diligently lest any fail of the grace of God,...
(Heb.10:29).... And hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace ?
(2 Ti.2:1),....be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Wasn't the passages above speaking to believers?

Is this something you were saying ? If not please prayerfully consider this.

Humbly and lovingly always,
Elizabeth

Joyful Heart, ..Good mourning .
I say this in Truth...
I hold to this,because it is Truth.
But in all loving ness,
Elizabeth

2011/12/10 18:32Profile

Re: Elisabeth

Dear sister,

I agree with your post. But please forgive me. Was not Joyful Heart just saying what you said? Seems like you both were saying the sane thing about grace and both post resonate in my spirit.

In His Grace,

Blaine

2011/12/11 11:06
DieingtoLive

Re:

Dear Elizabeth,

I love the scriptures you have posted, thank-you.

I am not sure what the argument is w/ JH post.

All God's love -k-

2011/12/11 11:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy