SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Child like faith (Explaining biblical truth to children?)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Child like faith (Explaining biblical truth to children?)

Here lately I have really began to cherish my percious ones and have really started to try and teach them biblical truth, the simple things of the faith. At first I fell into the trap that they are just kids and wont understand but after a few nights of just talking with them about Jesus my eyes were open to a whole world of possibilities. Please keep in mind my kiddos are 2 and 3 :)

The first night we discussed Love, that Love means putting others before ourselves because we care about them.

The second night I talked about Faith, and I started doing hand gestures with it so they would remember it better I simply explained Faith is Believing without Seeing and had them close their eyes and said You can hear daddy is in the room and you know daddy is in the room and you don't have to see me to know I am here because you have faith.

The Third night we talked about hope, and I discussed some sad times maybe they have had and told them Hope is holding onto what is good even in a bad time.

Its been amazing even after these nights (sometimes my wife has the kids for the night so we miss somedays) they still remember our lessons. Its so awesome!

I said all of this to ask what else have you all used to explain simple things of the faith with your little ones? I am limited to Faith Hope and Love being they are the easiest in my mind to explain? I know there are many lessons I can teach them and even if it goes over their head now I can see they really enjoy spending time with daddy talking about the bible. :)

2011/12/9 1:14Profile
HeartSong

Re: Child like faith (Explaining biblical truth to children?)

Ask the LORD to provide you with your lessons. Only He knows exactly what your (His) children need to know. It will also build your faith as He provides you with the perfect lesson every time. :)

2011/12/9 3:06Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Great advise :) That is what I have been doing with the lesson on faith, hope, and love. God is good and I love the lessons He is teaching me even as I go to the basics for my little ones.

2011/12/9 3:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy