SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can we talk about Jesus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Dlight

Wonderful post, MrBillPro.

Of late, I have not enjoyed as much closeness to Jesus as I once did, and it scares me to death, to say the least. I know that by His grace, I will overcome this insurmountable wall of spiritual dryness, but I still shudder when I ponder the possibility of a life not lived close to Him.

PS.
I saw this link in the "My grief over this forum" thread.

You know, don't beat yourself to much, I get like this at times. One thing you have going for you is your confession,you said "you will overcome this insurmountable wall of spiritual dryness". Just your confession proves you may feel as though you have fallen out of fellowship with God, but you really haven't, hope this makes sense. Remember no matter how dry as you put it, it seems, he has not gone anywhere, and he will always be there, trust me on that one, been there done that.
I Love your PS. God works in mysterious ways now don't he?

2012/1/14 23:45Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

EverestoSama said "thanks" from the bottom of my heart, that never seems enough.

When the woman broke the alabaster for Jesus in worship, all gathered through a fuss at this waste. What they did not realize is that it wasn't enough! But it was pleasing to Jesus because it was all she had. We always touch His pleasure when we give all we have and all we are.

Russ

2012/1/15 6:51Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

True rufnrust,

We cannot lavish enough on Him for Who He is to us and what He has done for us and continues to do for us each day.

When you love the Lord with all your heart in seemingly "unconventional" or "novel" ways, you can be sure it will bring derision from the religious folks even as Judas' got quite religious about it.

"What a waste! She should have sold it and given it to the poor!"

Did you miss this,(I did). "And they murmured against her."
Mark 14:5

Can you imagine all the people that were watching her, murmuring against her?

She must have grown up around religious people and realized at this time in her life that she was done trusting them or fearing them.

She is an example of what kind of courage extravagant love for the Lord will give a person. One of the first things I noticed after getting saved is 1) I was in love with Jesus 2)I did not fear man anymore.

Mar 14:6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.

This is a wonderful thread, Bill.
Pilgrim

2012/1/15 10:14Profile

Re:

Pilgrim writes............ "Can you imagine all the people that were watching her, murmuring against her." Amen brother, yes, people in love with Jesus are unconventional, they care not for the conventions of men when it comes to their Lord. Jesus walked in a similiar fashion. As many know, Lepers were the " untouchables," of the day. How did Jesus handle the untouchables?

Perhaps one of the most touching moments in the ministry of Jesus was when a Leper shouted to Him, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean” (Mt8:5). Jesus then did the unthinkable. He touched this man (how men today still desperately need a touch from Jesus).

Now Jesus could have easily healed this man without touching him. All He had to do was speak the word and it would be done, for as we know the Lord has all authority over diseases. “Jesus put out His hand and touched him saying, I am willing, be cleansed” (Mt8:3). Jesus touched the untouchable with compassion and love and healing.

Jesus has been doing that every day since then. His compassion reaches into the gutters of life. He is no respecter of persons. He will accept anyone who comes to Him just as they are. Man-made gods have always been out of the reach of common men. A line from a famous hymn says, “If salvation was a thing that money could buy, then the rich would live and the poor would die.” Every man-made deity that has came forth from mans imagination had no time for the poor and the afflicted and the downtrodden.

The true and living God is intimately involved with people from every walk of life. Our God came and walked amongst us. He laughed and cried, wept, He hungered and labored hard for food. He did not live in a palace, but lived amongst ordinary men. He was not robed in purple and gold. He was not carried aloft on men’s shoulders and did not ride a magnificent stallion. Our Jesus walked and suffered the heat of the day.

He knew hunger and He knew thirst. He knew what it was to work very hard and undoubtedly had callused hands. His hands would not be soft and gentle like the hands of kings and men of great wealth. His did not live in an ivory castle. In fact the Son of Man had nowhere to lay His head.

Yes, He was the Son of God and performed mighty miracles, but He would be spared nothing, under God the Father. He lived as other men lived and knew the sufferings of the ordinary man. He had a path before Him and it was His to walk. This path had been formed before the foundations of the earth was laid. Before the stars in the heavens above were placed, Jesus’destiny was known.

He would walk this earth and be a man aquainted with grief. His life would culminate in betrayal, mockery, abandonment and torture. The very flesh would be ripped from His back and His beard pulled out. Little men would spit in the face of the Almighty. They would beat a crown of thorns in His head and drag Him to a hill and hang Him from a cross amongst thieves.

And all that would be the easy part. He would then drink fully the cup that had been prepared for Him. All the sins of the world would be laid upon Him. And in the darkest moment of history, one that cannot be imagined, the Father turned His head and looked away. The full horror of hell, now visited upon The one who was one with the Father, and He would suffer our punishment in our place. And in the most agonizing cry ever uttered, Jesus cried out, “My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me.” Only when one comes before God for judgment, and then cast away from His presence, will that one even begin to imagine the horror Jesus suffered for each and every one of us.

The Character of Jesus is higher than the highest heavens. His love and compassion and mercy and obedience are beyond what our feeble minds can comprehend. And since we can only compare with what we know, we can say with full assurance, and still fall pitifully short, that our Saviors love would render the deepest ocean to but a single tear from the Masters eye. The sun that blazes brilliantly in the sky, but a spark compared to our Lords burning passion. The universe and all others combined, smaller than the smallest chamber of His heart. This is the God we serve; this is the Jesus of the Gospels; this is Jesus, God amongst us:

He is the Bread of Life, The True vine, the Good shepherd, the Light of the World, He is the way, the Truth and the Life, The Gate for the sheep, Yahweh,He is our Victorious Champion, He is Master and Lord, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He is the Resurrection and the Life, the Lamb of God, He is worthy to be praised, the Hope of mankind, He is every breath that I take, Mighty councilor, the Almighty, The Christ, My Savior, The Anointed One, The Prince of Peace, The Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End, He is the Author and the Finisher of our faith, the Messiah, The Potter, The Comforter, The Conqueror, Creator, Ancient of Days, The Living Water, Majestic, Omnipotent, The King Eternal, He is the Everlasting Father, The Exalted One, He is faithful and True, A Father to the fatherless, this Fire that burns within, He is my Rock and my Fortress, The Foundation of the world, The Fountain of Life, The God that Healeth thee, He is Higher than the highest heavens, Incorruptible, Infallible, My Keeper, The Lion of Judah, My Righteousness, My Strength, Merciful, He is the mighty One of Israel. He is Perfect…………….He is the Lord my God and He is one God. I shall love the Lord my God with all of heart. I shall praise the Lord my God with all of my soul………….Let Jesus be praised! He is all these things and so much more. But most importantly, He is alive!

2012/1/15 12:11

Re:

"The world was turned upside down in the 1st century not because of dogmas, creeds or a new awesome religion, but because of the presence of Jesus Christ in the lives of His disciples." Pilgrim777

Awesome truth Pilgrim.

I am also convinced that this impartation of this Presence is the basis of any and all authentic ministry of the Believer; male or female. Another aspect of their power was that they all , male and female realized that they were part of the Body of Christ, and members baptized into this love, and power, and they honored each member as ONE!

Ministry IS the pouring out of Himself, God the Holy Spirit, from one vessel, to another. It has nothing to do with blood-line, Position, however exalted through the eyes of man, or the perceived authority a man or woman on Earth may hold.

Also, this authentic ministry, is always resisted by those who do value their blood-line, power and position over others as their justification. This is the counterfeit "Religious Spirit"...man honoring , and fearing man.

"If we let Him continue, the Romans will come, and remove our Nation, and our place!....So they then conspired on how they might murder Him."..[ and poor Lazarus also...]

Jesus emitted God Himself, from every pore of His being...in acts of pure love. It was always, always, without respect to persons, and unto the very least of the brothers and sisters.

Mary Magdalene was not left out, but honored, nor was Simon the Leper....where Jesus spent His last night on Earth before the cross. [ Why did He not honor His mother with this final visit, or Simon Peter?...and who was Simon anyhow?...He was the least of the brothers....after all....]

He did this with no Pulpit, nor any title He held dear , no recognition from man as justification, but from the bottom. [ The foundation stone that the builders rejected..]

And so did ALL of the Apostles; ultimately our co-teachers in doctrine and testimony. This is the true Kingdom of God, and it is accompanied with the Acts of the Holy Spirit. This ministry will never occur, if it is not unto, and through the least of the Brothers....equally loved, and received in the body of Christ.

If we refuse to love, by God ,in this manner, and become elite, or separated from giving ourselves to the least, and the world, in a selective manner....we cannot ever really attain to true ministry at all. Many, many in he pulpit have fallen by not realizing this. It is not what one thinks, or preaches, posts, or pontificates or intellectually believes that matters at all.

The Pharisees held the entire law in their hands, and preached it, and studied it incessantly...but were titled sons of Satan by the Lord. Why...because they missed this one final reality....You must LOVE...to be counted by God...and that involves your heart attitude to Him first, and then every other human being on Earth...your neighbor.

So it is maligned by much of the so-called ministers of our day.

Love God; love your Neighbor....and it is by this that we are counted good, or bad....as we take our breath moment by moment. There is One Body...and the love must flow equally and without respect to a "ministry-class", Preacher or Pastor, or there will be no authentic Presence of God, or true ministry of the Holy Spirit. You will have attained unto ritual.

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ."..Ephesians 4

This is the ministry...and faith works by love. It must be lived before God, as surely as it will be. It focuses on your heart, and your daily life...and it is always unto the very least of the brothers....and how you respond to them. The communion rules in 1Cor: 11 spell out sickness and death to believers who refuse this truth...and command, that we love unto the least.

As much as you live your life in this reality, also surely will have consequences. You will have done it, or not done it, unto Jesus...like it or not....

"Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"

Consider that many, many Pastors and Teachers will be in these groups, and let us fear..that we will learn how to love...as we are taught by Him, and deny our selfish ambition to be happy, or prosperous, or respected.

God knows us by our fruit...not our ambition.

2012/1/15 13:06

Re:

Appreciated this post Tom.

We've lost a few regular posters this last month and I am aware of the reasons, but your post covers any and all reasons that they should come back. We are One Body and they are missed!

Welcome back.

With all the saber rattling going on with Russia, defending Tehran --- With us now having multiple carrier fleets there and going - and all the other militaries lining up over there - we either understand what's coming or we don't.
Asking again - do we have to find ourselves in a detention camp together before we stop the party spirit?

We're ALL saved by Grace through Faith

and Thank you for finishing His Words - The Two Commandments to Love by recognizing His Body, our neighbors and even our enemies - we're going to need this message more than ever.

2012/1/15 14:02

Re:

I thought this thread was for talking about Jesus? ........ brother Frank

2012/1/15 18:00
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

About a year ago I saw a family that was being destroyed. I sat there crying while saying that "I just wanted to talk about Jesus", and "that I just love Jesus", as they were fighting with each other, biting and devouring each other. Somehow this is crucial, this desire for Jesus, this love. I know that Jesus has never stopped loving me from the beginning, at the cross, into eternity. He will never quit on us. Enduring love.

in love,

Travis

2012/1/15 20:30Profile

Re:

"I know that Jesus has never stopped loving me from the beginning, at the cross, into eternity. He will never quit on us. Enduring love."

Amen Travis ..................bro Frank

2012/1/15 21:28

Re: Can we talk about Jesus?

Yesterday I was taken back to that old verse that we all know, it seems like elementary when we read it because it's one of the first verses that we read when we first meet Jesus.

John 3:16, everyone knows it and can quote it. I thought about Frank and how his spirit is positioned in Christ in a unique way that captured my thinking in a different light.

The first words of that verse says For God So Loved The World, I just stopped with that and thought a great while on those words, "God loves this world so much". I was caught up in the moment, and I am doing it again as I write. The want to be biblically correct about everything just all falls away when we just think upon what God is, Love. Everything seems so unimportant. All the running around, reading that book, hearing that sermon, listening to that music, it all seems to be a chore, and yet this simple and yet elusive quality that God is is missed in the shuffle of our daily lives.

I remember being in that love, walking in it. Somehow I've gotten caught up in being theologically correct that walking in the love of God has taken a back seat. That is why I appreciate Frank. I don't mean to lift you up so much brother, but I see a quality in you that shines forth as Christ. When I am critical in a reply post, your post to the same person is adding to their faith not taking it away. Your not condemning them your adding something that if they consider it, the other that may be error will fall away. And I like that quality.

I do remember a time when fellowship with Jesus was the only thing I knew. I do wish that I had never gotten caught up in the theological messes of who is right and who is wrong. It's such a downer, much studying is truly a grief as Solomon has said.

I miss the talking about Jesus. I remember when that is all we used to do in fellowships in sitting in His presence soaking up whatever it was He was pouring out at the time. Such fellowship divine. God truly was in the midst. I have never seen God work that way in theological debates. It so grieved my spirit that at one time I would run away from that. I've been around a long time and I think I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if I need to be right about everything as long as I am right with God.

I was growing in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, and this other stuff turned my head and tore me away from the fellowship. Such worthless doctrines that mean nothing. None of them will save any soul. I remember years ago when asking the Lord about all these common teachings what I should do with them, surprisingly He said to throw them out, come follow Me. I threw them out but later on picked them back up again.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Reasoned with them out of the scriptures. This is real doctrine. When we can find Christ in everything we teach that is what is going to last. I grew up in the Pentecostal movement and I appreciate my heritage but you know, those people hardly ever grow because they still are wrapped around Acts 2:38 and speaking in tongues. And I agree with that, but land sakes alive there is more to the word than just that. Move on and move up. There is more to Jesus, a well of water springing up unto everlasting life. As God is eternal, there is more to living than baptism in Jesus name and speaking with other tongues.

There is more to Jesus and this life than what doctrines we hold to. If all we have are doctrines, we don't have much. Oh to be stupid again, where it was just Jesus and me.

Oh what fellowship, Oh what peace divine leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms, leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

2012/1/15 21:35

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy