SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should I Marry Someone Because Of Outward Beauty?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Sree

You wrote: Romantic love that is described by you, no matter whatever attraction it is, it can NEVER sustain a marriage.

____

I agree completely with what you said. Romantic love, especially the kind that the world attempts to force on everyone will never be enough to keep two people together. Marriage must be both parties submitting their lives to Jesus or there will be great difficulties, pain, and in many cases divorce. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you Sree for your post and sharing your testimony. I found it very encouraging.

I also agree with what another poster said, physical outward appearance will not last. The body ages and peoples appearance change, if that is the only thing that a husband is attracted to in his wife then I feel so sorry for the wife. Child bearing alone changes a women's appearance and not getting any sleep for days on end while baby is teething does not help either (smile)

God Bless you family
mj

2011/12/6 15:37Profile

Re:

Since the question is regarding marriage and beauty, the answer is obvious, no.

If that is the reason for marrying someone because of how good looking they are, it's not a good recipe for marriage.

Beauty definitely plays it's part in the whole scheme of things, but there has to be a connection that bonds you together that causes you to want to marry.

If you can't stand to be without her and she without you,, it's a good indication that the chemistry is working.

I mean lets face it, if she talks your ear off and is loud and obnoxious, you'll be looking for ways to work late or make excuses to get out of date, even though she is gorgeous, be prepared for a marriage of agony.

A good example is my sister. She is knock out gorgeous, kindhearted, loving, sincere, and giving, everything that a man could want. But oh does she know how to talk. Talk your ear off if she could, and she'll dig and dig trying to get at answers that a man don't have, but she'll dig anyway. She's a divorcee.

2011/12/6 19:02
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"physical outward appearance will not last. The body ages and peoples appearance change, if that is the only thing that a husband is attracted to in his wife then I feel so sorry for the wife. Child bearing alone changes a women's appearance and not getting any sleep for days on end while baby is teething does not help either (smile)"

:-)

Physical beauty is nice, whether it be feminine or masculine. But it does not endure unless your perception of beauty changes with your physical changes.

In reading the OP and the comments that follow, I suspect most are saying the same thing, just wording it differently. Love between a man and a woman is very mysterious. Perhaps that is why there is such a diversity of opinion concerning it?

(Chris, that professor of yours got smart too late, poor guy. But his perception was spot on, IMHO. Thanks for sharing that story.)

Just my thoughts...

2011/12/7 9:28Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Marry for one reason and only one. That is if the Holy Spirit is leading you to marry and to the person He is leading you to. Easy enough. With obedience all will fall into place and you will be blessed.

Seek Him first and His Kingdom first....

2011/12/7 12:05Profile
ET101

Re: Should I Marry Someone Because Of Outward Beauty?

Soldout2Him; Thank you so much for the link to the book. I just finished reading it and I feel especially blessed. After praying about marriage, I sensed that God had led me to prepare - and this book comes in very good time.

Thank you!

2011/12/25 6:28Profile

Re:

ET101: I am very glad it helped you, that was my intention in posting it. I have never read a book on marriage like Conjurske's and I hope someone will pick up the copyright someday and get it back on the book shelves.

May the Lord Himself guide you by His Holy Spirit into all truth and fill you with all spiritual wisdom, discernment and understanding as you seek His will regarding the lifelong commitment of marriage.

In Christ's name,

Kenneth Martin

2011/12/25 19:56
OnwardUpward

Re:

Thank you for the book. I was just concerned about the order. This guy says it's soul, spirit and body.
I read Zac Poonen's "Love, sex and marriage". In that he mentions that the order to go about when considering a life partner is spirit, soul and body.

2011/12/28 7:41Profile

Re:

Hello OnwardUpward,

I think I get your point and I agree. However, notice that the author makes each the spirit and soul and body of an equal importance and harmony/oneness is the aim not order. You must have each of the three in common to have a successful marriage. Just as the scripture states: "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess. 5:23). I believe the way he defines the importance of the terms and their connection in marriage achieved the desired effect on the reader especially through the words and their meanings. :)

I have not heard Zac's message on "Love, sex and marriage", but he is one of my favorite preachers so I will check it out sometime. Thanks.

Kind regards and God Bless You,

Kenneth Martin

2011/12/28 10:28
OnwardUpward

Re:

Dear soldout2him,

I think I get your point and I agree :) And what a glorious verse that is!
Btw, "Sex, love and marriage" is a book by Mr.Zac (and not a sermon). Below is the link.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=sex_love_and_marriage

Thanks.

2011/12/29 7:37Profile
savannah

Re: Should I Marry Someone Because Of Outward Beauty?

Go here young man...

http://illbehonest.com/Choosing-a-Wife-Beauty-is-Vain-Tim-Conway

Proverbs 31:30 Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

2011/12/29 8:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy