SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hello JTI,

I think if we read the introductions in the various epistles to the churches we get a good idea.

For example in 1 Corinthians it starts with:
To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified (set apart), called saints (holy or serperated people), with all who call on on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord...

and in Galatians Paul writes:
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age....

Look at all the others as well.

So there is a common theme in reference to the true church. i.e they are those who have been seperated or delivered from this world (age) unto God. The church is His Ekklesia (called out assembly). Those who belong not to the kingdom of this world, but who belong to the Kingdom of Christ and God.

2011/12/6 6:10Profile
JT1

Re:

Hi dietolive, nice to “meet” you too. I appreciate the scriptures you brought forth and your willingness to talk about the issue. To see where you’re coming from, is it whoever agrees with the bible, according to your interpretation of certain passages, that makes up the true church?

Blessings,
JT

2011/12/6 16:39Profile
JT1

Re:

Hi Heydave, I think it’s important to look at the letters to the Churches as well, since they were directed to the Church established by Christ and the apostles. If I can ask you a question to help my understanding, who would you say are the called out ones, the ones who have been delivered from this age, what would that entail? Thanks.

2011/12/6 16:42Profile
dietolive

Re: JT1

Everyone who believes the true Gospel has had his sins washed away in Christ’s blood:

“And... Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood...” Revelation 1:5

Everyone who believes the true Gospel has the witness of the Spirit:

"He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son." I John 5:10

The Lord Jesus Himself is the focus of our faith, and the end goal of all our lives:

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die...” John 11:25-26

My dear JT1, do you believe this? Do you believe on the Son? Have your sins been washed away?

2011/12/6 16:55Profile
JT1

Re:

Hi again, some good scriptures there! I have to say your question brings up another subject though- the subject of assurance. I don't know if I'm saved, Christ said "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you."John 6:53 How can I know if I'm eating His flesh and drinking His blood? The "true Gospel", I like that statement because there are false gospels out there but we are told that there is only one true gospel in Galatians 1:7. The question for me is who represents the true gospel? Who represents the Church that "upon this rock the gates of Hades shall not prevail"?

2011/12/6 17:27Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: JT1 is this right?

Jt1,

I don't know much about most of these churches, nor do I spend my time studying there doctrines. My time is spent in God's word and prayer as much as possible.

I will tell you that your cup is about to run over. You are on the path to a personal Revival. The Holy spirit has shown me that you are one "wondering in the wilderness", meaning that you are seeking fellowship with like minded People.

You maybe with a group now... and may also be toying with the prophetic movement? I don't know, I do know the Lord has layed upon my spirit that you are looking for fellowship. Pray to God friend and he will guide you where he wants you.

2011/12/6 18:10Profile
Elibeth

Re:

DietoLIVE /Doug, Precious brother,

I appreciate you,as well as others here too.

You touched on something that I have been thinking on and that the Lord

has been so precious / gracious in helping to teach me. ...For which, I am most grateful / thankful

There are a lot of ' gospels' out there, But Jesus said,'that it is' the gospel of the kingdom.' He said 'this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached
To the whole world, then shall the end be.'
Paul and Jesus' other Follower's preached 'the kingdom of God / Heaven.'
And the princables ,or things that pertain to/of that kingdom.

And what I am gathering that you are saying , is that the true church are to follow the King,...through the Spirit?
' For as many as are ' led by the Spirit,(the King),they are the son/ children of God.'.

Lovingly always,
Elizabeth

2011/12/6 19:04Profile
JT1

Re:

Hi sonsigns, thanks for your comments. I'm not involved with the prophetic movement if I'm understanding correctly what you mean by "prophetic movement".

As far as looking for fellowship I have to say that I am looking for fellowship in the sense that I'm in search for the Church that has been established by the Apostles. So far I have found that all protestant groups today have their origins in the reformation which was only 500 years ago. I'm interested in the Church that was established by the Apostles though, not what Martin Luther started. Blessings.

2011/12/9 18:53Profile

Re:

Has anyone considered the church in Iran or China?

Blaine

2011/12/9 22:44
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: The Church that was...

Hey JT1, Boy you may have many years of research to conduct. Many church denominations in America if not all of them got there start from the reformation against the Catholic church.
Except the Mormon's, that bunch is totally American.

I am trying to get my head around this one. Are you blogging your findings?

2011/12/9 22:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy