SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : please pray for me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
timg

please pray for me

I have been drawn to this site for a few years and listening to countless sermons and reading the discussions.
I have been so hungry to know the fullness of God and yet I feel an emptiness in my soul. When I try to explain it to people I get the strangest looks and I feel so alone at times. I want God to do for me what He has done for people in the revivals of the past. It seems as if everyone is pretending and trying to convince themselves that they know God and the power of His resurection. I don't know if I am not saved or am not baptized in His Spirit, or what. I know this seems like a bunch of random thoughts but this is basicaly how my mind has been for three years. If you are moved to do so, pray that God will reveal Himself to me and that He would give me faith to believe. May God Bless

2011/12/5 11:45Profile
dietolive

Re: please pray for me

Dear timg,

I have been where you are in the Way. Be encouraged, looking not at others, or at yourself, but to the Lord:

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:22

I am praying for you. :O)

Be well!
Doug

2011/12/5 11:55Profile

May God bless you , and He WILL, NO prayer goes unanswered, and He is a Covenant keeping God and you asked, you are seeking and you are knocking, and you WILL be answered beloved, In Jesus' Name, amen.

2011/12/5 12:23
mama27

Re:

I understand... I seek the Lord for you....you are not alone...

2011/12/5 14:47Profile
timg

Thank you all for your prayers and your verses. They mean so much to me.

2011/12/5 16:57Profile

though we are far, we are near going through it with you. it's such a difficult season. i know it's not much comfort, but it is good to know we're not alone. i'll be praying for you as well. i actually tried losing my faith out of frustration and i couldn't even do that. i had nowhere and noone else to turn to and God is so embedded in my soul/spirit at this point that i know He's a part of me. read *all* of Psalm 73. the portion i cry out at times:

"25Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
26My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
27For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
28But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works."

2011/12/5 18:47
Elibeth

Dearest Timg,

I am so blessed just hearing all this Blessed counsel for you here.

I too,will be praying for you.

Much grace and peace to you,

In His love,
Elizabeth

2011/12/5 19:52Profile
timg

thanks again for your encouraging words from all of you. I will continue to hope and look to Christ to fill my desire in my soul.
One question though, Is it a sin to be discontent with my spiritual state? When I try to explain the hole in my heart I am told that I should be more thankful. "In everything give thanks...". I am honestly not looking for some emotional experience. It just seems as though I am missing something. Does this make cense? I am told that I should "just be content". But when I try I feel as if I am just settling for something less than what God intended.
I am sorry for my bad spelling and grammer. Please excuse me.

2011/12/6 9:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
timg wrote:
I have been so hungry to know the fullness of God and yet I feel an emptiness in my soul.

People can get into all kinds of theology debates but I believe Paul said it best when he bluntly asked, “Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?” (Acts 19.2-6) If you haven’t then, brother, I would counsel you to ring the prayer bells of heaven for it asking God to fill you to overflowing and EXPECT TO RECEIVE; because when you do, God will pour out FROM heaven a blessing that you cannot contain and you will be filled!!

(edit) This is not some emotional experience! This is a way of life.(/edit)

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/12/6 10:02Profile
learjet

Jesus said:

"And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak." -Matthew 12:36

If He hears every 'idle word' and we must give an account of it, how much more does He hear the cry of a child (YOU) who is calling out to Him? There's a bunch of places in the Gospels where Jesus says "I thank you Father that You hear Me..." He hears you, no doubt about it.

He also said "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." -Matthew 5:6

He is not a man that would lie, what He says, He will do. Be patient, seek Him and you WILL get what you are asking for!

Additionally, if you would be so kind, please write us and let us know when this happens!!

2011/12/6 10:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy