SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : preaching of the cross

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
annie2

midwest

preaching of the cross

I'm new and wanted to add my first post here. I went to my first Jimmie Swaggart campmeeting this Nov. and it was wonderful and anointed. I realize the younger people may not appreciate the older way he conducts his services but since I have been listening to Sonlife radio, my walk with God has changed drastically. No more WOF, prosperity teaching, manifest sons of God, unbiblical doctrines being spewed out over Christian T.V.
It is old time pentecostal preaching and like a breath of fresh air. God is using him in a mighty way even in his late 60's and those who are missing it because of his fall he repented of is missing something special.

2005/1/8 19:53Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re: preaching of the cross

Hi Annie,
Thanks for posting. I think you'll really enjoy this forum. Lots of great men and women seeking God here...

How is Jimmy Swaggart these days? I guess I am young enough :) to have only heard about him second hand--and, yes, most of it is about his fall. I really have no idea if he was restored and what's going on with him now. I listened to a testimony by Jim Baker after he got out of prison. I really don't know what he's gone on to do since, but the recording of that testimony was wonderful! It was interesting because I believe that he preached it at PTL and it was exactly opposite to most of their stuff.

Phebe

2005/1/8 20:25Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Welcome to SI Annie

Hi Annie,

Welcome to SI. There's some great preachers on here. I know at one time David Wilkerson was great friends with Jimmy Swaggart and his sermons are powerful. Another powerful holiness preacher I really like is B.F. Clendennen and there's a few sermons on her by him and he's 83 and going strong.

Keep on walking with Jesus.

2005/1/8 20:51Profile
annie2

midwest

Re:

He is doing fine and is 69. His wife Francis is really doing good and is on the radio every day. They have 70 radio stations now and are on tv also. I listen to their radio station because it is all live music from their services and very anointed and much straight Bible teaching. I have really enjoyed them this year and plan on another campmeeting in March if possible. It is a life changer and Jimmie still is a great preacher. I love the preaching of the cross and that is what they focus on.

2005/1/10 0:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy