SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The age of accountability and what age do people go to Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

The age of accountability and what age do people go to Hell

I have been discussing do babies go to hell or not!
and at what age do they and how can you justify it from the bible as millions of babies have been aborted as do they go to Hell.
I was trying to ground the argument in scripture as essentially as david states that the baby not yet born that david will soon go to him which will be abrahams bosom.

We were discussing also that babies have the tendency to sin and there was the example of the bulgier case and other cases when youngsters have killed other babies.

Romans 3:23 KJV
For all have sinned , and come short of the glory of God

Psalm 51:5 KJV
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1 Samuel 12
20 Then David arose from the earth, and washed , and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped : then he came to his own house; and when he required , they set bread before him, and he did eat . 21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done ? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead , thou didst rise and eat bread. 22 And he said , While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept : for I said , Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? 23 But now he is dead , wherefore should I fast ? can I bring him back again ? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

What age do people go to Hell and can you justify it biblically ? What is the age of reason ?

2011/12/4 12:04Profile
TheBibleMan

Re: The age of accountability and what age do people go to Hell

These are some verses that I have found helpful on this topic.

2Ki 21:16 Moreover Manasseh shed innocent blood very much, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another; beside his sin wherewith he made Judah to sin, in doing that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

The content of Mannesseh shedding innocent blood is child sacrifices, "pass through the fire." According to the meaning of the Hebrew word “innocent” in this passage, God was literally calling infants “blameless,” “clean,” and “guiltless."

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil

Deu 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin:

Isa 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

2Sa 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Jer 32:30 For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the LORD.

The Hebrew meaning for the word youth in this passage is the state (juvenility) or the persons (young people): - childhood, youth.

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

2011/12/4 13:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The scriptures nowhere directly answers this question although one can assume from principles written what the answer is. For some reason, in God's sovereignty, He did not share this information.

My faith is that God will be just in his decision. We want to discern who will go to heaven and who won't. We are well aware who will not enter there so does it not behoove us to make our calling and election sure and leave other people with God to deal with them as only He can?

As far as small innocent children are concerned one can worry so much that people will resort to unbiblical practices, like infant baptism. Catholics will baptize them for this very reason. A Catholic mother will feel very disturbed if she miscarries and does not have a body to baptize. This is the other extreme.

We cannot do anything about this so I suggest we concern ourselves with things we can do something about.

My opinion.

2011/12/4 17:52Profile

Re:

Perhaps it was not intended but why send children to bell? I an talking about the title if this thread. At what age accountability and what age go to bell. The title reflects the attitude of this forum. Let's send um all to bell.

I read in the scriptures that the Son cane into the world not to condemn it but to save it. Does anyone not believe this? Is not tbd redeeming work of Christ to redeem mankind? I don't know. Maybe I am reading too much of John.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/4 18:40

Re:

Martyr... that is certainly not the attitude of this forum. There are things wrong at times with this forum, but it is certainly not the attitude of people here that everyone should just be sent to hell, particularly children.

Sorry brother, but I take exception to that.

Now, moving on to you 2nd paragraph... Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it because we already stand condemned before God! Thats why we need a Savior. We are all heading to hell until God reaches down and saves us.

Your last paragraph sounds a bit universal. Are you saying that ALL will be saved?

As for the general question of this thread, I agree with Ginny... we can not extract an answer to this question from scripture. Whatever happens to babies when they die you can be sure of one thing: it will be ordained by God and it will be just. We can theorize what that justice looks like from our very small and limited human mind, but at the end of the day it's God's business... and He is always just and perfect, therefore whatever happens to babies when they die is just and perfect... and we need not concern ourselves too much with it because if God intended for us to know... He would have told us, and He did not.

And if we ever do figure it out in this life, and we decide we dont like the answer... it still doesnt matter. It would be us who are wrong, and not God.

Krispy

2011/12/4 19:25
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"The title reflects the attitude of this forum. Let's send um all to bell."

I disagree. This is a question that most of us face at some time or another, especially if you are a parent or one who works with children. I have heard discussions from way back dealing with this issue. It is not new but one that arises frequently. I think one needs to treat these people with respect concerning it because it is an honest question.

My opinion.

2011/12/4 19:34Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

The Bible does not say at what age a person becomes accountable.

2011/12/4 21:58Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, iam 72 and i hope its75

2011/12/4 22:31Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Paul said something that might apply. He said, "I was alive without the law once, but when the law came sin revived and I died." He also said that where there is no law there is no transgression. I have wondered if we might not apply that same principle to this discussion. There is an age at which a child has a knowledge that they have broken the law of God. In my opinion that is the age at which they become accountable for their transgression.

2011/12/5 8:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy