SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where are the unschooled ordinary men?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
brian33

Re: Where are the unschooled ordinary men?

brother i agree with you totally, you must be called chosen and sent by god i would rather have a pastor or preacher that goes to the same school moses went to, burning bush university, i guess their are some good theological teachers out their macarthur being my favorite teacher but the problem with seminary is you learn a religeon depending on which one you go to, i think alot of these theological preachers don't have much of an annointing on their preaching and have to rely on alot of pragmatism to build their congregations, instead of letting god build the church and churches are in the sad shape their in because they are looking for these type of preachers that degree sure is important to them, give me a god annointed and appointed sent preacher any day over these so called dr's. my favorite preachers are the ones that didn't need to go to seminary school, they rely on their bible and study and the holy spirit to teach them,i think the churches today are in so bad of shape because god can annoint you to preach the gospel and their not the ones the churches want, alot of the professors in bible college are not even christians god bless you brother

2011/12/21 6:46Profile
roadsign

Re:

Jesus said, “Be perfect.” Matt. 5:48

I wouldn’t mind your comments on these thoughts:

Since I’ve returned to SI a few months ago, I’ve been noticing a prevailing phenomenon (which has always existed). It has to do with a common style of thinking. It surfaces in thread after thread. I’m not sure I understand what is going on. So, I’ll throw it out there. Maybe you can help me. Here’s what I see:

It seems that Christians, to a large degree, view the world as a courtroom. They themselves are the judges responsible to make a verdict about ideas and people. Everything must be categorized as either good or bad - innocent or guilty. In our minds, one side must win over and against the other. It’s a black-and-white style of thinking.

Now, here I am being a judge myself – so, clearly I have the bug too. Can you help me: Why are our minds wired that way? Is it God-given? Is it cultural conditioning?

As I mediate on the theme of Christian submission, it is becoming more and more evident that our "courtroom" habit of thinking is the antithesis of submission. It is not natural for us to THINK “submissively”. I speak for myself; and that troubles me! Submission is not a theme I naturally integrate with my thinking. It's that way for many. Is it because it doesn’t lend itself to the courtroom setting? Is it because it demolishes the courtroom on us?

One thing I do know is that God constantly uses the very “side” we deem guilty or inferior as the platform for his greatest works. For the scholar, God uses a child. For the Jew, a Samaritan. For the conservative, a liberal (as in the Hebrides revival). So for you, brian33, God may use a scholar with three rows of letters after her name. That may be your burning bush experience. And you sure wouldn’t want to reject God’s blessing because of the vessel!

I suspect that in most cases it is not up to us to choose one over the other. In God’s government there is no democracy. In God’s government, our duty is to submit to the other “side” in Christian love. And in that way we find far more joy then we can imagine - because we are becoming “perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect”. It’s perfect love. See Matt. 5:43-48

PS I don't want to diminish the concerns presented here regarding education. I just don't think it is our duty to vote for one over the other. We will merely short-change ourselves from God's blessings.

What do you think?

Diane

2011/12/21 8:04Profile

Re: Diane

You pose good questions. But maybe should have been posed in your submission thread. This thread needs to die in my opinion. There were times I was in the flesh in this thread. For that I repent. For the sake of peace and unity let's move your questions to your submission theme and kill this thread. Actually I would not mind if the nods locked it down.

Blaine

2011/12/21 9:15
brian33

Re:

brother i am not trying to be a judge that is god's job i am simply giving my opinion if you are called to preach god will enable you when it comes to being a preacher either you is or you isn't bible college won't make you one. most of the theologians preach over everybody's head it is not up to an individual to decide what his calling is, the greatest teacher we have is the holy spirit and the word of god now god may lead some to bible college i'm not saying he don't but in my opinion the best preachers didn't go to bible college but i know their are alot of people that go to bible college to learn how to be a preacher because they may not seek was god calling is for them one of my favorite teachers is a theologian john macarthur and as much as i love him sometimes i have a problem understanding all his teachings not every one sitting in the pews are theologians some of the worst preachers i have ever heard are bible schooled i would personally know that i am sitting under aholy spirit annointed preacher the bible says in the last days their will be a famine for the truth and that has proved to be right i don't have anything against anyone that wants to go to bible college and i am not judging , just giving my opininion i say this with love and hope that i have not offended you may god richly bless you roadsign

2011/12/22 8:56Profile
roadsign

Re:

Thank you for sharing your burdens, Brian. I have those concerns too! Indeed a PROPER education should equip God’s servants to bring rich truths to the hearts of ordinary people like us.

I see that Blaine, who began this thread, has requested that we close the door here. So let's honor that request now. Later I will comply to his suggestion and bring my post to my Submission thread. See you there!

May God surround you and your loved ones with his blessings this Christmas season,

Diane

2011/12/22 9:28Profile
brian33

Re:

thank you roadsign i also pray that god may surround you and your loved ones too may you have a very merry christmas i hope to chat with you in the future have a blessed day

2011/12/22 9:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy