SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Why True Protestants Reject the Pope

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Why True Protestants Reject the Pope

Ian Paisley 1965

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6846

amen.

2011/12/2 15:38
dietolive

Re: Why True Protestants Reject the Pope

Hi HezWelling,

This used to be "common knowledge", but the Papacy is not so obvious about its pretentions as it once was. Burning bibles and burning our forefathers, et al...

Have you seen that amazing video of Dr. Paisley shouting out in his great brogue: "Antichrist! ANTI-christ!" when Pope John Paul II spoke before the European Parliament back in the 80's?

Be well,
Doug

2011/12/2 17:06Profile

oh yes

Doug, its neil, "Hez Welling" is a pen name,

Quote:
Have you seen that amazing video of Dr. Paisley shouting out in his great brogue: "Antichrist! ANTI-christ!" when Pope John Paul II spoke before the European Parliament back in the 80's?

oh yes, many a time. i've always loved dear Ian, but i've heard many men of God, who know him, write or say, that if Ian had NOT gone into politics, his ministry and preaching was so annointed, he was veritably a modern day "Wesley".

and i concur with that. each follower of Jesus is accountable to their own walk, but if you look at the ministry of Len Ravenhill, who eschewed getting involved in "polis", politics, dear Len's preaching , teaching exhorting, to me, in the final analysis carries more eternal heft, than watching Ian get carted out of the EP.

God only knows, what is in store for me, but as i'm led, politics, in relation to ministry, is a stumble and folly...but thats just me.

2011/12/5 10:11
dietolive

Re: oh yes

Dear Brother Neil,

Quote:
"Doug, its neil, "Hez Welling" is a pen name,"

oh, yes sir... I know your name is Neil, but I wasn't sure you wanted me to address you as such.

Quote:
"and i concur with that. each follower of Jesus is accountable to their own walk, but if you look at the ministry of Len Ravenhill, who eschewed getting involved in "polis", politics, dear Len's preaching , teaching exhorting, to me, in the final analysis carries more eternal heft, than watching Ian get carted out of the EP."

I have read Ravenhill's biography, and have heard dozens of his sermons, I have found that he possessed very strong political opinions and like John the Baptist of old, even named names on many occasions.

Quote:
"oh yes, many a time. i've always loved dear Ian, but i've heard many men of God, who know him, write or say, that if Ian had NOT gone into politics, his ministry and preaching was so annointed, he was veritably a modern day "Wesley"."

It is interesting to me that Wesley couldn't even vote for his representative in Parliament and was against the Republican Revolution in America. He couldn't get "into politics" because it was impossible in his day.

I totally agree that the gospel is of eternal value compared to politics. However, the Papacy, the Antichrist, was able to gain ascendancy over the Church through political power.

It would seem to me that first: men's lives are changed by the power of the Gospel; then (in this day when men rule through representative government), they vote accordingly. The power to kill, the power that the Antichrist desires, is the political power, after all.

Just some thoughts.

Be well Brother Neil,
Doug

2011/12/5 10:47Profile

Re:

that's a great post/reply Doug....i didnt know that about Len. i love them both, Ian and Len, their audio sermons have meant a lot to me.

and i gotta tell you this, no ear tickling here, but i watch how you post, and there's a winsome sweetness about you, your words written, that reflect on the Divine Reality of Christ IN you, and i had to write that, to encourage you, because you encourage me.

'sweetness' is Good, its not limp, or without Power, its Good, its foundation is that Second Royal Commandment, 'love your neighbor as yourself'...i had to tell you that.

may i testify somewhat? i know you wont mind.

i was raised up in all THAT, military, geopolitics, intelligence...then into the world of trade, commodities, financial instruments...THEN into the world of 'entertainment', while still having a foot in trade, and in the final analysis, for ME, its all junk, dross of the world.

my last 'job', i had politicians, for real politicians, kissing my ring...i dont wear a ring or jewerly, but you know what i mean, and in all that, i nearly 'crossed the Jordan' twice, which was a wonderful experience, no sarcasm intended. then God saw fit to REALLY humble me. that too was wonderful. wasnt much 'fun' while this PRESSING OUT was going on, but His Will, not mine. when all you have is Faith, you discover Faith is good enough.

Now, God has hidden me away, alone. i sit in a wonderful spare two story cabin on a dead end dirt ridge road, desolate, in the Upper Midwest, got a fire burning in the woodstove below me, God put me here, i'm just thankful He loves me...i have no idea what He has for me next. i'm thankful that He doesnt have me sacking out in the Kerith Ravine, but He's hid me away all the same, and thats not a bad place to be...which is why i want to guard my heart, be free from all that worldy noise, alone with Jesus, and in Him, i send my love and prayers to you Doug, neil

2011/12/5 11:25
MaryJane

Re:

Neil you wrote:
i was raised up in all THAT, military, geopolitics, intelligence...then into the world of trade, commodities, financial instruments...THEN into the world of 'entertainment', while still having a foot in trade, and in the final analysis, for ME, its all junk, dross of the world.

and then this : .which is why i want to guard my heart, be free from all that worldy noise, alone with Jesus, and in Him,

Wow Neil all I can say is Yes! and Amen! Free from all the worldly noise and distraction that so attempt to steal time from being about HIS Kingdom...

God bless you Neil I have seen such growth and change in JESUS in you :)

God Bless
mj

2011/12/5 11:56Profile
dietolive

Re: HezWelling

An ounce of encouragement often can work more grace than a pound of correction. Thank you dear Brother...

I think I understand you. We stand in between this crazy wicked world, and the world to come. Oh!... For the world to come!

God bless you sir,
Doug

2011/12/5 12:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy