Five Steps to Genuine Revival

Ian Paisley 1976

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6723

amen.

2011/12/2 15:01

Re: Five Steps to Genuine Revival

transcript http://media.sermonaudio.com/mediapdf/6723.pdf

Sermons: www.sermonaudio.com/martyrs
The first chapter of the book of the prophecy of Haggai verses seven and eight.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. Go up to the mountain,
and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it,
and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.1
The burden of my message is to the people of God, to those that are saved by God’s sovereign
free grace. I want to call you, Christian brother, Christian sister, to a consideration
of your ways.
You look with me at verse five. You will find that the old prophet he says, “Consider
your ways.”2 Then in verse seven he repeats it, “Consider your ways.”3
Fellow believers, we need to give an urgent consideration of our ways, top priority in our
Christian life at the present time. We have a description here of the plight of the people of
God in the days of the old prophet. Look at verse six. “Ye have sown much, and bring in
little.”4 Is that not true of the Christian witness of today? What activity there is. They
remind me of what old Billy Sunday said, “The churches are like a canary in a cage,
much activity, but no progress.” And there are many churches like that.
God says, “Ye have sown much, and bring in little.”5 And, my, we have churches today
that are geared up in top gear with activity. My, the whole machinery of the church is
working at full speed and force. But have they moved their town for God? Have they
raised Lazaruses from the dead? That is, have the foremost sinners in their neighborhood
been born again? Have they made a vital impact against the dens of iniquity and the hell
holes of the devil in their community?
Alas, today many of our fundamentalist churches just merely decorate a site for the denomination.
And as far as a vital impact for God upon their district, it doesn’t exist.

2011/12/2 15:22

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy