SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : * OVERCOMERS. HOW ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

* OVERCOMERS. HOW ?

* OVERCOMERS, HOW ?
* Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.( Eph. 5:16 )

Rev. 12: 11 And they OVERCAME * By the Blood of the Lamb,

and * by the words of their testimony,and *they loved not their lives unto the death.

(3) things

*The Blood of the Lamb
*The words of their testimony
*They loved not their lives unto>>>the death

The Blood of the Lamb--
Rev.1 :5` Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own Blood.' An intrance has been made for us by the Precious Blood of Jesus.

The words of our testimony--
I would say...,what the Lord has done ,in His Word( the Bible ) and what He has done in our lives.
David had a testimony,before he killed the giant.
I believe the three men that was thrown into the firey furnace had working of
God in their lives a,A testimony of Gods' workings,before hand.
Don't we really need to write in a book, the workings of God in our lives,
( don't we tend to forget ? ) So when we are in a dark time ,and we all do have them.
,we can look back ,and we can be encouraged and it will build our faith...give us strength when we are weak, and in that time, hard see light, because of the dark hour we are in .

Love our lives unto>>> the death---
Mt.8:5, `Whosoever will come after Me ( follow Me ) let him deny himself, and take up his cross( a place of death to self ) ..dieing daily to our will,to do His will ,as He draws us by His Spirit .( His Grace )
Not cleaving to this life until we draw our last breath.
No, I do not claim to have made the mark yet, But ,shouldn,t we ,as like Paul, be reaching for the mark of the high-calling of God ?

Thank you,
and
God Bless,
Elizabeth

2011/12/1 10:26Profile
Elibeth

Re:

I am sorry about that ,
I do not know what happened.
I clicked the blank in the forum and it pulled my subject up.

Elizabeth

2011/12/1 10:34Profile
dietolive

Re: * OVERCOMERS. HOW ?

Amen! Encouraging word, dear Sister.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Be well in Him Who Loves you So!
Doug

2011/12/1 10:41Profile
Sree

Re: * OVERCOMERS. HOW ?

This is my favorite scripture, I have used it once in my message to a prayer group to show them how to overcome the accuser of fellow brethren (Satan), who accuses us before God day after day.

I also wanted to share this scripture as a proof that we are not perfected by the blood of the lamb alone but also by the word of our testimony. Those who claim that we are made righteous eternally by the blood of the lamb should understand the spirit of this word, which tells us that we can overcome the ruler of this world by a combination of :-

1. Blood of the lamb, to cleanse our past sins and to justify us so that Saturn has nothing to complain against us using our past sins.

2. Word of our testimony, this means our testimony should speak the words about life of Jesus. Which is simply Christ-likeness, that is achieved by undergoing daily sanctification with the power of Holy Spirit. This is a daily process because testimony denotes everyday life not just one day life.

3. No love for our life, which means putting the deeds of Flesh to death by the power of Holy Spirit.

So all these things are important to be an overcomer. But most of the Christians stop with the first thing, Blood of the lamb. All they want is to escape hell for their sins. That is why they believe in such false doctrine that we are perfected by blood of Jesus. Such people have no interest for Christ likeness because they are not interested to pay the price for carrying the cross.

2011/12/1 11:01Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

Sree, I disagree with " So all these things are important to be an overcomer. But most of the Christians stop with the first thing, Blood of the lamb. All they want is to escape hell for their sins. That is why they believe in such false doctrine that we are perfected by blood of Jesus. Such people have no interest for Christ likeness because they are not interested to pay the price for carrying the cross".

Without the shedding of the blood of Christ there is no remission of sin. All will be lost and destroyed if it wasn't for the blood.

@Elibeth, "Don't we really need to write in a book, the workings of God in our lives,
( don't we tend to forget ? ) So when we are in a dark time ,and we all do have them.
,we can look back ,and we can be encouraged and it will build our faith...give us strength when we are weak, and in that time, hard see light, because of the dark hour we are in".

What we need is to study THE Book Of God, your bible. Study to shew thyself approved unto God... We don't need to write down all the things that God has done in our lives because he(the Holy Spirit) will bring it to our remembrance, just like he does with the word of God. But if it helps you to write it down then do it.

Another thing, " we can look back ,and we can be encouraged and it will build our faith".
You probably already know this, however to keep this in line with Gods word our faith doesn't grow by works or by our past blessings. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. So faith grows by reading and listening to the bible and good anointed preaching.

I have had much success in overcoming Life's scud bombs, by Praying and being in a state of prayer through out the day.
And reading several chapters of my bible a day.

I hope this helps.

2011/12/1 11:59Profile
Sree

Re: sonssign

Quote:

Without the shedding of the blood of Christ there is no remission of sin. All will be lost and destroyed if it wasn't for the blood

I agree with you, I have never reduced the value of Blood of Christ. It is precious and all our hope lies on it. But it is not the only thing that God has to offer us. Through the blood of Christ we get Justification, which means God looks at us like a person who has committed no sins, though we have committed so many in the past. But we should not be satisfied with Justification, we need to proceed to Sanctification, which is possible only by the Holy Spirit. We will be called an overcomer (or glorified) only when we are justified and Sanctified.
A person who stops with Justification, is like a building that has only foundation. How can you call it a building if all it has is only foundation?

Even in your own life,

Quote:

I have had much success in overcoming Life's scud bombs, by Praying and being in a state of prayer through out the day.

this overcoming came as a everyday process not something that is done in one day. I am not advocating works here, either you believe in works or no works you need to believe that a good testimony is important to be an overcomer.
The importance of Good Testimony will be forgotten if someone believes that he is already perfected by blood of Jesus. It is like a student who scored 100% in 1st grade thinking that he is already educated. I agree he scored 100% but it is only 1st grade, there are so many other grades for you to learn. This is a greatest deception in Christianity today, Satan has blinded the eyes of many believers and made them think that they are perfected already like this 1st grade kid.

2011/12/1 12:33Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dietolive/Doug,

Your kindness did not go unnoticed.

Thank you,
Blessings,
Elizabeth

2011/12/1 13:56Profile

Re: Regarding Rev.12:11

I always thought the context of Rev.12/11 dealt with those who would rather accept martyrdom than deny Christ.

Blaine Scogin

2011/12/1 15:26
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Sree, Elibeth

(1st quote) I have to agree with you on your points of justification and sanctification. Here is where I may have not read what you have said properly:

{So all these things are important to be an overcomer. But most of the Christians stop with the first thing, Blood of the lamb. All they want is to escape hell for their sins. That is why they believe in such false doctrine that we are perfected by blood of Jesus. Such people have no interest for Christ likeness because they are not interested to pay the price for carrying the cross}.

This is why most fall away from the faith, because it is to hard and too many, impossible.

Now about overcoming, The scripture says in Revelations 12:11 But they have gained the victory over him (the Devil) because of the blood of the Lamb and of the testimony which they have borne, and because they held their lives cheap and did not shrink even from death.

The word of our testimony is very important in our Christian walk.
So, let me ask you what is the word of our testimony?

What is our testimony?

How does our testimony overcome the devil and obsticles in our lives?

"John wrote to his "little children" of the assurance of the forgiveness of sins. In one sense we are always, in John's term, little children. For in this life we never advance to a point where we have left behind our need for the precious Blood. It is indeed the very weapon for the over comer.

Writing in Revelation 12 of the Accuser of the brethren "which accuses them before our God day and night," John tells us that "they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their life even unto the death". (Revelation 12:10,11).

The basis of overcoming in the spiritual warfare is always the precious Blood. No one can ever get to the place where the Blood is not necessary.

Satan is a murderer and a deceiver, he entices and he attacks, but today he specializes in accusing. In a very real sense he is the Accuser of the brethren, and it is here that our Lord meets him as Priest and Mediator.

Heaven recognizes Satan's work and so must every Christian. Night and day he accuses us, and his accusation is directed at our conscience, which is the point where we most feel we lack the strength to fight him. His object is to drive us to think in despair.

"Of what possible use am I to God?" Why are some Christians found from morning to night reproaching themselves and crying, "I am a hopeless failure! God can do nothing with me!"?

It is because they have allowed themselves to accept the charges of the enemy as unanswerable. And if he can get us to this state, he is indeed the victor, for we have given the battle away.

If, instead of looking at the glory of God, we only accept his accusations, and stop there, we are certainly left with no power to fight him.

Conscience is a very precious thing, but to repeat endlessly, "I am no good! I am no good!" - that is not Christian humility.

It is healthy to confess our sins, but let us never carry confession to the point where, for us, our sinfulness looms larger than the work of Christ. The Devil knows there is no weapon more effective against the Christian than the creation of this illusion.

What is the remedy?

It is to say to the Lord, "Lord, I am no good!" but then to look away to his precious Blood, and to add: But Lord, I am abiding in thee!"

Satan does not accuse without reason. There are, no doubt, plenty of sins to which he can point us; but the Blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

Do we believe that?
That is the answer to his charge.

Sin calls for the Blood, but the Bible does not tell us that sin calls for accusation - not that is to say, if we plead guilty. Of course, if we say that we have no sin, John warns us that the door is wide open to the Accuser. But if, standing in the light of God, we confess to him our guilt, then the Blood is powerful to cleanse, and all Satan's charges are rendered ineffective. Praise God for such an advocate! Praise Him for such a Priest! Let us never, never, answer Satan either by boasting our good conduct or by bemoaning our sins, but always and only by the Blood. It is our wholly sufficient defense.

The precious Blood of Christ is our defense; the word of our testimony is our weapon of attack. By this is meant our testimony to man, but not to man alone.

The victory of Christ, the fact that He reigns, that His Kingdom is near, that we have been translated from Satan's kingdom into his; all these are facts to be declared, not to men only, but to the powers of darkness.

Affirm that God is King, that his Son is Victor, that Satan is defeated, that the kingdoms of this world are shortly to become the kingdom of our God, and of His Christ.

These are positive divine facts, and they are shafts of offense. Satan fears such declarations of spiritual fact. For the word of our testimony can move back the gates of hell. Declare that Jesus is Lord; that his name is above every name. Declare it! Say it to the enemy. Many a time such testimony brings more results than does prayer.

Prayer has two sides: to God, and to the mountain. "Thou shall say unto the mountain, be thou removed." We can say to Satan, "Leave this place!" Peter and John said to the paralytic man, "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." They dealt directly with the case, where today we would probably have called a prayer meeting.

Don't neglect prayer, but counting on the efficacy of the precious Blood, speak also a word of testimony. Often times when we come to God, the atmosphere is oppressive and we cannot pray. What should we do? Don't give in, but taking God's word, turn and speak to Satan. Declare the victory of the Lord. Declare that he has given us authority to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and then pray!!

Alas, we pay far too much attention today to the doctrine of the gospel, and far to little to the fact. And without the fact, we have no testimony. But Calvary is history. The gospel - the good news of the fact - is with us. For nearly two thousand years the fact of the gospel has been in the earth. The Lord has given us the precious Blood, and a sure word of testimony. Let us face the enemy with these.

And finally these overcomers are men and women who know what it means to be nailed to the Cross - that is to say, to be "ruled out" altogether as men, so that whatever they accomplish, the glory is only his.

We need not enlarge on this again here; but remember, it was Satan who challenged God concerning Job: "Skin for skin, ye, all that a man has will he give for his life" (Job 2:4). But now, as if in answer to this, a great voice in heaven affirms concerning these who overcame:

"They loved not their life even unto the death" (Rev. 12:11). Well could that same voice proclaim: "Now is come the salvation, and the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ"!

Taken from: "What Shall This Man Do?"

2011/12/1 22:46Profile
brothagary

Re:

i think it is worth noteing that the word of our testamony ,is a testamony of the power of the blood of the lamb,,,,a preaching as paul said of the cross ,wich is follish to those perishing but to those who are being saved it is THE POWER OF GOD ,,,,,,the power is in this testamony ,,no other testamony or preaching hold the power to over come and set free ,,,,paull said when i was amoung you ,i preached christ crusafied ,,,,there is power in the blood ,,,,,,with out the crusaficting of the lamb ,there is no resarection and no power

2011/12/1 23:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy