SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : European debt crisis may hit U.S. economy harder

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 European debt crisis may hit U.S. economy harder

In its latest economic outlook released on Monday, the OECD said the level of uncertainty surrounding the U.S. economy was high and risks were heavily tilted to the downside.

"Negative spillovers from the turmoil in European markets could be greater than expected and have the potential to derail the recovery in activity and renew fears among financially fragile households and businesses," it said.

So far, analysts and some Federal Reserve officials have played down concerns that the euro zone debt crisis, which has roiled financial markets, will hit the broader economy hard. ...

read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/28/us-usa-economy-growth-idUSTRE7AR0GH20111128

2011/11/29 12:05Profile

Re: European debt crisis may hit U.S. economy harder

Oh boy... more good news!

Were it not for Jesus I would just give up. If we have our treasures in this world we will lose them. Might as well give them up on your own.

Krispy

2011/11/29 12:39

Re:

Beware of the mark.

Blaine

2011/11/29 13:05

Re:

People are looking for a computer chip to be the mark... I think it will be a Sharpie.

Krispy

2011/11/29 13:07
dietolive

Re:

Quote:
"People are looking for a computer chip to be the mark... I think it will be a Sharpie."

...or it would be Antichrist's Law in your hand and in your mind... instead of the Law of Christ:

"Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them..." Deuteronomy 11:16

"Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes." Deuteronomy 11:18

2011/11/29 13:13Profile

Re:

"Beware the mark"

Do you honestly think that a dictator will care about your choice if you refuse to take the forbidden mark?

Look at the Jews during world war two, they didn't have a choice about being tattooed by the Germans, they just did it.

The only way for one not to take it is to go into hiding, live in the underground (literally) and hide in caves etc..

2011/11/29 17:01
dietolive

Re: Beware the mark

The mark of the Beast is metaphorical for the law of Antichrist.

Compare spiritual things with spiritual: Just as the Law of God was to be in the forehead and in the hand in Deuteronomy, we are required by the Antichrist usurper to "believe" and "obey" his wicked commandments instead.

The "mark" is not some amoral barcode, or anything else indifferent. Rather, it is a real, moral test of loyalty.

"Choose you this day, who you will serve..." Whoever you "serve" is the one you obey, and you cannot serve two masters...

All who "worship the beast" and therefore "take his mark", will be damned.

All who worship the Son, and therefore take his mark, will be saved.

2011/11/29 17:14Profile

Re: A United Europe????

I just saw a headine where EU finance ministers are considering proposals that were hither considered taboo. Since the euro is in danger of collapse proposals are being put forth that range from nations surrendering great chunks of their budgets to a central authority to a United States of Europe. Concerns are that individual nations would lose their sovereignty.

Saints I am not reading this off some right wing conspiracy web sight. But this is from my morning newspaper which is part of Roppert Murdock groiup.

But the above headline does make one pause and make one wonder if we are heading toward one big global union. More than ever we see the economy of the world linked globally. So if economic union comes there will generally follow political union.

I need not say what the implications of this are. We are possibly looking at a rise of the one world government with the rise of the antichrist. I know many in this forum reject this notion. But as I pray for the persecuted believers in other lands I am seeing a line up of nationas that are coming against Christians and Israel.

At this point I think Hal Lindsey and even Jack Van Impiety may have it right when they say the return of Christ is eminant in our life time.

God grant that we have discerment to watch and pray.

Blaine Scogin

2011/11/29 18:13
staff

Re:

Hi,From an Irish perspective.
Our countrys independance like america was hard won but now we have lost our economic soverignty.
Whats really happening to my understanding is Germany doesnt want to underwrite the weaker countries unless they get to control their budgets.The Ecb or the european equaivalent of the fed dont want to act without the ok of the Germans.
The Germans have political problems at home with this.
You have to get the feeling that this is being orchestrated to a certain extent to bring about a united states of europe of some kind(at least a stepping stone)
It was amazing this evening a commentator on tv said these chilling words ,"we need a strong global leader that can....."
Over this side of the pond we laugh at your democracy but we are been run by a huge unelected group in brussels that are blind either delibrately or otherwise.

I just want to say this however to my friends on Sermonindex is that I am convinced by Scripture and by the inspiration of God personally that the Anti Christ whoever he is will have an a God inspired opposition that will confront him and thwart his plans and ambitions until God says otherwise.I say this to comfort anyone that is genuinely worried about the subject,
Yours Staff

2011/11/29 20:22Profile
dietolive

Re: staff

Hi staff...

I had no idea you were Irish... What a shame and how much disagreement there is here at times, simply because we cannot see one another...

I was speaking with an English cousin of mine last week, (over here in America for a few days), and he shocked me with what he knew... I had brought up the "United States of Europe" agenda, (curious to hear his "European" opinion), and he already knew to tell me that it was the Nazi's after World War II that had begun the push for it. (The Builderburg Group, The Treaty of Rome, et. al...)

You said:
"You have to get the feeling that this is being orchestrated to a certain extent to bring about a united states of europe of some kind(at least a stepping stone)"

Of course they want to centralize their grip on power, dear Brother. I agree with you, for what else do men with evil hearts want after they already have all the money they can print?

You said:
"Over this side of the pond we laugh at your democracy but we are been run by a huge unelected group in brussels that are blind either delibrately or otherwise."

Our country was founded as a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy, which our Founders rightly understood to be "mob-rule." That we have decended into "democracy" is as tragic as it is laughable, for such a descent has always in the past spelled doom to freedom. Would to God that the Ron Paul movement succeed at such a time as this...

You said:
"...I am convinced by Scripture and by the inspiration of God personally that the Anti Christ whoever he is will have an a God inspired opposition that will confront him and thwart his plans and ambitions until God says otherwise..."

Yes, the spirit of Antichrist has been resisted since it first appeared, and we will continue to do so until the end, for this is our unchanging mandate from the Lord Himself.

Be well dear Brother,
Doug

2011/11/30 9:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy