SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : “Lord, anything can happen here tonight,”

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

“Lord, anything can happen here tonight,”

“Lord, anything can happen here tonight,” Pastor Wally prayed. “But please, don’t allow them to take my life.”

As the beating continued, Pastor Wally continued to pray for his Saudi torturers. In the midst of his prayers, he was reminded of verses that say that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
“Thank you for allowing me to be your temple,” Wally prayed. “I believe that you don’t want a temple that is ruined and abused by the enemy, God. You want a temple that is glorified and full of your splendor. I am claiming a complete restoration of my body, Lord. No matter what these torturers do, I pray that you will be glorified all the more when I am completely healed. People will not see a trace of what these torturers did to my body.”
Pastor Wally’s back and legs were beaten with a cane, and his hands and feet were bruised almost beyond use. Finally, they returned him to his cell when they were too tired to continue torturing this Christian.
Wally prayed for hours and then fell into a fitful sleep during which he sensed God’s presence and healing touch. When he awoke, his hands and feet were healed. He felt no pain from the beatings. Wally was overwhelmed, for God had healed him.

Did Pastor Wally go too far when he prayed in faith for his healing? Did he take advantage of Scripture in his brazen request? The evidence would seem to suggest that Wally did none of these things. In fact, Pastor Wally simply took God at his word. Many Christians would benefit by doing more of the same. Yet we cannot take God at his word if we do not know it. Pastor Wally was able to recall encouraging verses in the time of need because he had spent time in Scripture. Many faithful Christians who are beaten are not instantly healed, but God uses our testimonies whether we are healed or not. Are you able to recall God’s Word when necessary? Do you know more about Scripture than you know of the actual Scriptures? Tell God that you are ready to take him at his word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VOM extreme devotion

2011/11/27 8:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy