SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for my heart

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pray for my heart

Over the past week or so I have been noticing some heart flutters. They may be nothing and probably caused by low levels of magnesium (thats been the cause in the past)... but since I had a heart attack 18 months ago you can understand the concern I have.

Gonna pick up some more magnesium supplements today and see if that calms things down.

Biggest issue is that I currently have no health insurance so going to the doctor is only an option if I consider this to be something more serious. First thing is first tho... a bottle of magnesium.

Please pray about this, brothers and sisters. I covet your prayers.

Krispy

2011/11/26 7:01
MaryJane

Re: Pray for my heart

I will pray for you Krispy. I know and understand what its like to be feeling ill and not have insurance. Be encouraged GOD is with you and will remain so.

God bless
maryjane

2011/11/26 8:23Profile

Hey Krisp, I've had those heart flutters, can be scary if you don't know what it might be. For me being on a low sodium diet I was taking Potassium Chloride as a salt substitute and found that I was using too much of it as I was getting too much Potassium, most of the greens that I eat have plenty of Potassium so I was overloading the system and causing a flutter. Since stopping that I haven't had a reoccurance since. If it's not potassium chloride, there might be something that your eating or drinking that is causing the flutter. High caffiene intakes can do it, Gatorade will do it if you drink too much as it's loaded with both sodium and potassium, not getting enough sleep will do it, at your age you need at least 8 hours of sleep. When you get the magnesium make sure it's the kind that has calcium, Calcium needs magnesium in order to assimilate into the body. Having said that, as a man (and you and I are about the same size, husky), you don't need alot.

However, I have prayed for you that whatever this is is minor.

2011/11/26 8:43

Re:

not getting enough sleep will do it, at your age you need at least 8 hours of sleep.

Thats the hard part... I average 5 hours a night.

Krispy

2011/11/26 8:59
amranger

Montana

Praying for you brother!

2011/11/26 11:40Profile

Re:

"That is the hard part... I average 5 hours a night."

Oh man your killing yourself.

You need to seriously take steps to correct this brother.

Eating at night, drinking caffeine before retiring and getting to bed late to get up early will only shorten your lifespan.

A man's not a pansy if he skips the ball game for sleep because those professionals who are playing on the field are doing what you need to do.

I have found that if I can get to bed at 10pm I'll get a more restful sleep, even 11pm, but when I go beyond 12, it's hard to catch up and I'll always be tired. The tendency to watch the boobtube lessens and the time spent with God and your spouse increases which is always a plus.

In the meantime, throw away the salt shaker and foods that are full of sodium and fat.

Here is some info taken from a medical site:

The most common substance associated with palpitations is caffeine. Frequently reducing or eliminating beverages that contain caffeine such as coffee or soda can improve palpitations. Some patients complain of palpitations when they eat too much chocolate, and some patients respond with palpitations around the holiday when they tend to drink too much alcohol, particularly red wine. In terms of over-the-counter medications, cold and allergy remedies often can precipitate palpitations. Frequently, palpitations occur without any obvious precipitating factor, although fatigue and getting behind on your sleep also cause palpitations to occur or worsen.

2011/11/26 14:15

Re:

It's not because of ball games, it's called working odd hours... preparing teachings for church... and homeschooling 4 active boys between the ages of 17 and 6. Life is just crazy at this stage. The only time I get to see my wife without any kids is, well, never. I get up at 5am everyday because if I dont I get no time with the Lord.

The rest of what you are saying is true. Being a diabetic I already eat healthy. Thats what brought on the magnesium issue... because I eat a diabetics diet I was not eating enough food with magnesium in it. Eating to cope with one problem brought on another problem.

I feel like at times my trying to stay healthy is a lot like that carnival game where the woodchucks pop their heads up at different places and you have to bonk them on the head...

Krispy

2011/11/26 14:53
savedtoserve

Re:

Wow, praying for you. My dad has a schedule like yours and we do worry about him... I think of one preacher who at the end of his (shortened) life said if he could do it over he would have gotten more sleep and taken better care of himself. It's so easy to be so busy with the soul and spirit that you neglect/overwork the body. :P Again, praying for you!

savedtoserve

2011/11/26 16:40Profile

Re:

The magnesium seems to have been the issue. Things are a lot calmer today... which is a relief. We'll see how the next couple days go.

I appreciate everyone's prayers.

Krispy

2011/11/27 8:34

Re:

Thank the Lord for this quieting down Brother.

I've lost your blogsite you use to have it in your signature.

2011/11/27 10:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy