SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : God is God in the Bluegrass, Y'all!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
inotof

Morehead, KY

God is God in the Bluegrass, Y'all!

Hello,
My name is David Elijah, nice to meet all who read this. I was saved by Our Great King almost 9 years ago, I ws raised in church, but drifted from my moorings during my midteens. God, who is rich in mercy and who's judgements are alway righteous forgave my transgressions and welcomed me back as a son when I finally surrendered my life to Him. For his kindness I am eternally grateful. I now attend what many would consider a pentecostal/charismatic church. However, the past few weeks there has been a, if I may wax poetic, "Divine Discontent" in my heart. While the Pastor that I am under is a Gospel preacher, and has preached nothing less than that for over 40 years, I'm starting to see a shocking trend in many 'big shots'. I don't want to seem mean spirited, but . .
I currently manage a Christian Bookstore in my home town of Morehead, Ky. So, I see all makes and models of self-help, self-esteem, self-love and any other title that "self" can be attached to. It is a sad state of affairs then three of the top 5 books on the best sellers list have to do with focusing on worldly success. What ever happened to the time when we leaned not to our own understanding, but acknowledged God in all our ways--and HE---not our means of obatining success--but HE made our way successful? (His idea of success and ours differs substatially at times)Nevertheless, God has placed me here for this time in my life for a reason. (not every new book or cd is awful--there are may reptable and powerful books published today)
At any rate, it is my goal to see the cross of Christ lifted high once again--not in this nation only, but in the church once again, revival starts at our house, not the white house. I want to see Jesus---THE REAL JESUS, NOT THE SANTA CLAUS JESUS OF THE WEST--made famous once again!
This website has been a great blessing to me, not because it has brought information, but rather because it has brought the meanig of true repentance--it has done precicly what the Word should do, it has rebuked me, reproved me and instructed me in righteouness. Thanks for all you do, thanks for reading, hope to make some new friends. Pray for me my brothers and sisters that this awakening that has shook me to my core would spread in my area! That we might once again fall on our faces in worship and reverence to our Great King! I pray that we all have a "hunger and thirst for righteousness" (sounds like a divine discontent to me!) This saying is faithful, the Great King came to save sinners,of whom i am chief. Honor and Glory to the Father and King, Love to the houshold of faith!

2005/1/7 9:53Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: God is God in the Bluegrass, Y'all!

Quote:
This website has been a great blessing to me, not because it has brought information, but rather because it has brought the meanig of true repentance--it has done precicly what the Word should do, it has rebuked me, reproved me and instructed me in righteouness.

Hi David,

Your post is quite sobering and carries with it the concern of many that attend this site. It is my desire that we as a Church return to the old paths. The modern way of the Church leaves much to be desired and God is touching the hearts of a remnant that will cry loud and spare not.

Welcome to Sermonindex!

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/1/7 10:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: God is God in the Bluegrass, Y'all!

Hi David,

Welcome brother!
My, it is often interesting around here the way things get knitted together in those 'coincidences'...

Did you happen upon this thread by chance?
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=4159&forum=48&post_id=&refresh=Go]Sales soar at 'Christian' stores[/url]

A warm welcome brother, make yourself right at home!

2005/1/7 10:09Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Welcome David

You're from my old stomping ground. I went to college in Morehead and am from the little town of Flemingsburg "The Town that Hospitality Built." It used to say that on our sign as you drove into town.

I did the Christian broadcasts for a season in college at the local radio station.

God bless you brother. You post is right on target. There's a book I bought a few months back rebuking the focus on the "self-life" and when I get home, I'll drop you a message with the title.

Welcome to SI. Praise the name of Jesus.

2005/1/7 11:17Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re: Welcome David

Thank you all for the kind comments. i feel welcomed. I hope to glean much from interacting with other Christian through this site. I actually live relitvly close to fleminsburg, but i work and am based primarily out of Morehead. glory to Our Great King.

2005/1/7 12:28Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Brother David, Here's that Book

Sorry for the delay Brother David. Here is that book I mentioned: Help Your Self: Today's Obsession With Satan's Oldest Lie. The book was written by Stephanie Forbes.

It just goes along with what you said in your post but amplifies it a bit.

Lord willing, my wife and I will drop by your store next time we're in the area.

2005/1/10 8:07Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Sounds like a winner. 1 problem though, it is actually out of print (how ironic). However I'm going to look for it at a few different sites. Thanks for the heads up!

2005/1/12 18:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy