SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello from Sidewalk

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

Hello from Sidewalk

Glad to be here, I need to read through some of the threads to catch the flavor of the forum, but I love learning and love to see the insights others get from God. I believe He stands ready to give us more of those good things about which we have no clue, to fulfill the same grace He gave to Jeremiah-
"Ask of Me and I will tell you great and mighty things that you do not know!"

I'm just an old guy in love with Jesus Christ, seen churches grow and fail, men rise and fall, winds of doctrine blow blessings and dust. And yes I have heard both wondrous and scathing Words from God. As the years melt away my sharpness and contentious attitudes, I feel the words of Paul who became anxious to go and be with Jesus at the conclusion of his life and ministry.

Not there quite yet- still love a spirited discussion with men whose hearts seek to know Him in both glory and sorrow.

"Sidewalk" is my biker road name, bespeaking a sidewalk Sunday school ministry I do on sunday mornings near my home in Southern California.

It is always fun to introduce Jesus to clueless passers-by who never went to Sunday School in their youth!

2011/11/24 15:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Hello from Sidewalk

Welcome to the SermonIndex website, may God bless you as you benefit from these free resources offered. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Here are some recommended audio resources that have blessed many and might be something for you to first take a look at:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

The Revival Hymn by Various Speakers
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=235&commentView=itemComments

His and His Alone by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=21381&commentView=itemComments

2011/11/24 15:14Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Thank you, Greg!

Interestingly, you recommended the Ten Shekels message- which I heard about 2 weeks after it was delivered at Bethany Fellowship back in the early '60's. At that time, tapes were made of the conference speakers to be sent out to the missionaries Bethany supported worldwide. Most of the messages went out on a couple dozen tapes, this message was something like 10,000 tapes! It remains one of the most life changing sermons ever- and I am pleased to be one who was changed by it.

You also suggested Len Ravenhill's message, and I will pursue that one. Len came to our Presbyterian church also in the early 60's, I was in the youth group so we sat down in front when there was a special speaker. It was a church where the town's prominent citizens attended, and they were milling about before taking their seats. Len was on the platform by himself, and we kids were seated. No idea who the old guy was, we expected to be bored as usual.

Suddenly the old man spoke, quietly, just one word.

"Pigs."

My jaw dropped, but he sure had my attention! He let the church have it, as I learned later was his flaming custom, and it wasn't long before the church split and he was the the talk of the town. No one forgot meeting that man!

In 1986 I was in Texas and went to visit him at his home in Lindale. He acquired a good friend who was my friend when he had been at my church, and the two of them corresponded for years. I just took an hour of his time, and I will never forget that either.

I'm looking forward to being here with you all!

2011/11/24 19:36Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Welcome aboard Sidewalk. This is a good name - sidewalk, because sidewalks don't mind getting walked on, and neither did the Christ of heaven when He walked this Earth and came to set captives free, destroying the works of the devil! Peace be to you in Christ Jesus.

2011/11/24 20:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy