Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : GOD’S POWERFUL ARMY

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

GOD’S POWERFUL ARMY

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2011
GOD’S POWERFUL ARMY
by David Wilkerson

Something very powerful and awesome is going on in the world today—something beyond human comprehension—something that will affect the whole world in these last days.

God is preparing a small but powerful army of Christians, the most dedicated army on the face of the earth. The Lord will come forth to command them to do exploits; He is going to close out the ages with a pure, devoted, fearless remnant.

All my life I have heard stories about our godly forefathers who hated sin. These men and women knew God’s voice and spent hours, even days, in fasting and prayer. They prayed unceasingly and had the power and ability to successfully stand up against immorality in their day.

These forefathers have long since passed on. But God is in the process of raising up another army and this time His warriors will not be made up only of elderly, gray-haired fathers and mothers of Zion. This new army will be composed of both new and seasoned believers, both young and old, ordinary Christians who lay hold of God! A whole new realm of ministry is about to come forth!

The denominational church system appears to be in the throes of death. It has almost no influence in the secular world, no mighty power in Christ. Some accuse me of being “hard” on pastors. But I am in touch with many godly pastors who grieve as I do over the backsliding in the ministry today. There is a holy remnant of godly pastors in the land, and I thank God for every one of them. Yet, it is still a fact that more and more ministers are racing down the road of compromise.

The Bible warns that we are not to fret! God has a plan and it is being manifested. It is put forth plainly in Scripture, mostly in the first four chapters of First Samuel.

The prophet Samuel is a type of God’s last-days remnant. The Lord chose him amid the worst of times and hid him away in training until it was time to bring forth His new thing. God told Samuel, “Behold, I will do something in Israel at which both ears of everyone who hears it will tingle” (1 Samuel 3:11). What would so amaze and startle all who heard it? It was the judgment of God on the backslidden religious system and the raising up, training and anointing of a new, holy remnant!

What God did in Samuel’s day, He does in every generation. Indeed, in every generation there has been a remnant, a praying people after His own heart.

2011/11/24 12:35Profile

Re: GOD’S POWERFUL ARMY

It seems that what David Wilkerson is speaking of is the remnant. That may be a literal or figurative 7000 reserved for God. That will be those who have not bowed their knee to the baals of this age. Tozer spoke of such decades ago. Jesus speaks of the few who are in the narrow way as opposed to the many on the broad way.

Yet who are those on the broad way. We think of the sinner. Those who are homosexuals, the liberal humanist, the abortionist, etc. But what about the religionist. How many of those will be on the broad way.

Do we think in our arrogance that our own obedience will commend us to eternal life? Do we think that a certain translation of the Bible or keeping a certain day of the week or certain apparel worn in church will save us? If we think such then we are indeed on that broad way.

The only one who can save us is Jesus Christ. Yet there are those in this forum who deny this. You think by your own obedience to legalistic code you can save yourself. Only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ can you be saved.

The verses that teach this are found primarily in the New Testament. Most notedly in John and Romans. Read those accounts. You will see that salvation is found only in Jesus. Jesus and Jesus alone is the one who can save you.

There is no other name given to men by which they can be saved other than Jesus Christ.

Blaine Scogin

2011/11/24 14:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy