SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pray for our brother Tim Tebow

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
learjet

Re:

I have 2 of Warren's books here so feel free to label me a heretic. I thinks it's interesting how much Warren is slandered, was just looking at an article about this very subject earlier tonight here: http://charismanews.com/us/32322-rick-warren-addresses-rumors-he-supports-chrislam The level of vitriol being spewed by folks about him 'in the name of Christ' is troubling, reminds of Jesus saying go learn this "I desire mercy, not sacrifice" to the Pharisees.

My support of Warren was questionable to say the least but after seeing his interview with John Piper all of my (carnal) thoughts were laid bare. It trust John Piper, he's not deceived.

Now, regarding the topic, I have noticed that the media is piling on Tim. It's not about Tim Tebow anymore it's about Christ bashing, that's what the real fuel behind the rage is. It's more about the prince and power of the air and his disdain for men of God. Tim knows he's not the best quarterback in the NFL, but he has heart and toughness, no denying that. I guarantee I will continue praying for him!

2011/11/27 0:00Profile
Dlight

Re:

Brother Codek, please consider that Krispy did not post in anger.

That said, I understand your concerns about his salvation. I must admit that I also doubted his salvation. For me, it was not because he read Rick Warren's book (I have read it myself, and I know it's heretical), but because of the few YouTube interviews I've watched of him. They show him glorying in things other that Christ and salvation, like knowing other celebrities, fashion, looks, charitable works, the legacy of his parents etc. Little indicators, really. To me, he came off as worldly and worldly-minded. Because I'm not a sports fan, I never knew him prior to this thread, so I do not speak with any authority. I also do not know him personally

I however also understand Krispy's stand point. We cannot write a brother off completely because of one act. If you watched a video of one day in my life, you may write me off completely and say I am definitely not Christian. Krispy seems to know him (which for some reason, I am secretly doubting :) ) so he is probably a better judge here.

2011/11/27 1:56Profile

Re:

Codek... I am not sure what the hostility is all about. I was not angry with you, just trying to make a point. And I'm not sure how any of this makes either one of us a hypocrite.

I sent you an email just a minute ago, so hopefully whatever it is that you have been holding against me can be worked out. I apologize for not contacting you before, but in all honesty I have zero recollection of there even being an issue... not to mention you telling me to contact you. Sorry, brother.

By the way, for the record I never intended for my post to strike you like it did. I was not angry or upset... just trying to point out that we can not judge someone based on a small incident like that, especially when we dont know all the facts. Not only dont you know all the facts, you dont know any of the facts... neither do I.

Quote:
You favor Tebow and you're giving him the benefit of the doubt. Do you know Tebow or why he was reading The Purpose driven life? I don't think so.

According to the Bible, since neither of us know why he was reading the book (as if it's any of OUR business to begin with) then we are told in scripture:

1 Peter 4:8 "Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins."

Proverbs 10:12 "Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses."

In such a case I think in light of everything else concerning Tebow the man deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one thing.

I have not seen the videos that Dlight is talking about, but the fact is you have a young guy who is barely 22 years old having all of this fame and fortune thrown at him... let me tell you something; THAT is why we need to pray for him! Maybe he is a little star struck... who wouldnt be when you have the world thrown at you?

Instead of crossing our arms and saying "See... he's worldly minded!", maybe we should fold our hands and pray "Father, help him to be able to serve You completely... help him to resist the devil and cling to You."

Maybe I am getting soft in my old... er, middle age. Maybe I am losing my edge a little bit. Flat line sometime and see what it does to you. If giving Tebow the benefit of the doubt makes me a hypocrite then so be it.

Do we judge false teachings and those who teach it? Absolutely. Do we judge a young kid who is being tempted by having the world thrown at his feet, but is trying to serve the Lord? Absolutely not. We PRAY for him. And anyone else in that situation.

Consider for a moment that most of us have never faced the temptations that Tim Tebow is now facing because the Bible promises in 1 Corinthians 10:13 "...God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability..."

If some of us were tempted in the same way we would fall flat on our face.

Dlight, no, I dont know Tim Tebow personally but have followed his rise to success for the reasons stated in the original post.

Krispy

2011/11/27 6:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy