SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : commentary on 1John

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

commentary on 1John

I have found so much blessedness in 1John that I am considering to do a prayerful and long study on its 5 chapters. My question to the members of this site is - What have you found to be the most helpful books/commentaries on this great 1st epistle of John... And why have you found such a book/commentary to be such a blessing? A book or commentary that has expounded the great truths therein contained in it, that have perhaps enlightened your understanding of it, and brought you on your face before the Lord because you have been touched with a greater revelation of what the Holy Spirit through John is trying to get across to the reader?... Any such books out there, besides the other ones contained in the Holy Scriptures? Thankyou for your time in reading this, and answering if God compells you.

2011/11/21 18:46Profile
savannah

Re: commentary on 1John

Go to the following links:

http://www.chapellibrary.org/files/archive/pdf-english/1jp1.pdf

http://www.chapellibrary.org/files/archive/pdf-english/1jp2.pdf

2011/11/21 19:26Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Check this out... many commentaries to help you! I will use this too! I believe this is the mother lode of commentaries!

http://www.preceptaustin.org/1_john_commentaries.htm

God bless,
Lisa

2011/11/21 19:44Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Thanks you two... And Lysa, I'd like to apologize to you for lamb-bashing you a few yrs back on one of the forums in response to one your own responses concerning one of my remarks. It has been pressed upon my mind for ever so long, and I have neglected to come on this site due to my own concerns with typing before any comtemplation. So, I do apologize, and I feel, and have felt strongly that I should do so. I do hope that the gracious Christ Jesus has been drawing all you members closer to His own bosom, and that we all henceforth realize our amazing blessedness of what it really is for Him to be in us, and us in Him. Thankyou to all that will reply, if the Spirit leads.

2011/11/21 20:03Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
Yeshuasboy wrote:
And Lysa, I'd like to apologize to you for lamb-bashing you a few yrs back on one of the forums in response to one your own responses concerning one of my remarks.

Brother, I'm so sorry that you felt you had to stay away and you can rest assured that I have no memory of what you are talking about! But praise the Lord that you are back!

God bless you brother!
Lisa

2011/11/21 20:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy