SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Husband-wife Relationship

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Husband-wife Relationship

Ephesians 5-25:-
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

The Holy Spirit compares the relationship between a husband and wife to the relationship between Christ and Church. So this married relationship is as divine as the Christ and Church. But anyone who is in a living relationship with a women, though the motive is to get married, is actually dishonoring the married relationship and there by dishonoring the relationship between Christ and Church.
I am sharing this truth that God showed me before marriage to free me from temptations. This truth is powerful and it will set people free.
I cannot forget the personal testimony that a speaker shared during the fear of Lord conference, in which he mentioned that the Baptist Church he was attending during early stages of his life never cared to point his living relationship as a sin. Not Everything that is socially accepted is right in God's eyes.

2011/11/16 14:44Profile

Re: Husband-wife Relationship

This has happened because churches today refuse to practice Biblical church discipline.

I praise God the church we belong to does, and has. It is not an easy thing for a church to go thru, but the end result is blessed! It brings a church closer together when it is applied Biblically.

It tears churches apart when it is ignored.

Krispy

2011/11/16 15:48
ginnyrose

Mississippi

QUOTE:
"But anyone who is in a living relationship with a women, though the motive is to get married, is actually dishonoring the married relationship and there by dishonoring the relationship between Christ and Church."

Is this sentence referring to a couple that is shacking?

Thanks!

2011/11/16 15:57Profile
Sree

Re:

Brother Krispy,

Ephesians 4-11
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ

You are correct, the Church should take responisbility for disciplining its people, by speaking the truth openly as Paul Suggests in Ephesians 4-15. But when the pastor or elder decides to speak the truth, it should be done in love. If Truth is not told in Love then it causes further damage. Since you are in home church, it is important to discipline in love.

2011/11/16 16:01Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Is this sentence referring to a couple that is shacking?

I don't know what you mean by shacking. I referred to couple who are unmarried but are in a living relationship.
Yes it is applicable for married couple who are dishonost. I did not mention that because I am married less than a year so I am not a right person to talk about it, without experiencing the temptations that people who are married for longer time has experienced.

2011/11/16 16:16Profile
Lotis

Re:

She means are you referring to an unmarried couple who are living together, or just in a relationship. When you saying "living relationship" it doesn't exactly speak clearly to what ever it is you're referring to, at least not to me. I assume that you do mean however, two unmarried people living together as though they were married.

2011/11/16 16:32Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

When you saying "living relationship" it doesn't exactly speak clearly to what ever it is you're referring to, at least not to me

I do not want to specify any limit. I believe the Holy Spirit will help each person to judge whether they are honoring marriage in their pre-marital relationship or not.
If we start drawing boundaries then we come under law.

2011/11/16 16:43Profile
Baldmtnman

Washington State

Marriage is frankly the most powerful of earthbound institutions and is therefore a favorite target of attack by the lost. It is by and through marriage that the world gets a mirror reflection of the Godhead.

A society's spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional health can be accurately guaged by the health of its families. Strong marriages consistently produce the most successful, confident, and moral offspring.

Any time a couple launches the relationship in fornication, they create injury that is often never healed. The sexaul dynamic suffers nearly irrepairable wounds. The respective roles as man and wife are forever skewed and rarely repaired.

Jesus Christ is the only means of repairing the damage done by sex before marriage or shack up relationships. And he will, if there is repentance.

Unlike what is often preached today, repentance is far and vastly more than: "simply turning away." True repentance, as David Wilkerson said, is a deep heartfelt remorse for violating the law of God.

When you hear someone say something to the effect of: "well, we're going to go ahead and do the right thing and get married." Then they continue to live together until the ceremony is performed, where is the repentance? Quite frankly, there is none.

2011/11/16 16:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy