SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Romans 7

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: Romans 7

hi patmandew, i recently read a wonderful exposition of romans 7 by a.w. pink that blessed me tremendously. here is a link to it if you are interested =)

http://www.chapellibrary.org/files/archive/pdf-english/cirs.pdf

2011/11/14 17:56Profile
roadsign

Re:

Two thoughts:

1) Since the unregenerate do not possess the Spirit, how can such a person even experience this struggle over conflicting desires.

2) If Rom. 7 is speaking only of an unregenerate state than I could not be saved, and God has rejected me utterly. With time I seem to be increasingly conscience of this battle - and the Spirit's convicting work only intensifies.

Great question, for sure!

Diane

2011/11/14 18:48Profile
looserchapel

Brest, France

Re:

I have read AW Pink interpretation... I liked it pretty much (except some dubious assertion about the other "team")

Tried to read Nees's view... I have to submit that he described the way i understand it, but still Pink's interpretation is worth some thoughts.

The bottom line, the article on this following blog sums up the "need" of Rom 7 even for christians

http://www.christiansincontext.com/2009/10/romans-7-debate-how-believer-who-holds.html

My 2 cents

2011/11/14 18:56Profile

Re: Let the text soeak for itself.

Why not do a little work and do a chapter analysis of Romans 7. Inductive Bible study done on a personal level can yield far better results than running to see what men have to say. Is not the reward of Bible study to discover God's truth for yourself

Blaine

2011/11/14 19:07
menderofnets

South Yorkshire, UK

Re:

The nature of this chapter has brought up many a discussion about whether Paul was in Christ at this point, or if he was referring to a previous time, or some other viewpoint. I always try to read chapters 6-8 together, and even then with other passages in mind.

The beauty of scripture is that it is truly God-breathed, and the Spirit Himself guides us into the truth so we may understand what God is saying. I agree with my brother here - seek the Author - He knows best!

2011/11/14 19:12Profile
EvangelTam

Hey

This is very interesting. I have recently heard a sermon by Tim Conway where he step by step exposits that it is an UNREGENERATE MAN. Taking from the context of the entire passage. You can find it online "Romans 7 a Wrong View of the Christin Life"
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=71207223245

I was convinced in my mind it was perfectly expounded all the bases covered! I rejoiced with this revelation of the WOrd

HOWEVER when I read it on my own I alwaysunderstand it the way Watchman Nee teaches it

I think that its quite a mystery because both perspectives seem right to me! God's Word is a mystery!

2011/11/14 20:52Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

It seems there have been endless discussions on this question of whether Paul is thinking of his condition before or after his conversion but I wonder if it is the right question to be asking in the first place.

It seems that the question of believer or non-believer hardly enters Paul's line of thinking. Instead he is primarily concerned with the relationship of law and man, regardless if that man is a believer or not. A Christian is not under law but if he turns back to the law instead of completely relying on the grace of God in Christ then he will be just as helpless as the non-Christian. Sin always finds occasion through the commandment.

In Christ,

Ron

2011/11/14 21:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

wow thanks for posting watchman nees teaching on this

what a revalation

2011/11/14 22:29Profile
brothagary

Re:

martyer

brother i dont knoe if i agree fully with that

one ,,when we recieve revalation on our own ,with out the help of gods ordained teachers ,,it can puff us full of pride

two ,,god ordained teachers and propherst and pasters to teach us ,im not saing we should not do bible study

but bible study doesnt seem to be the primary way the body of christ was taught

can you show any scripture that says it is the best way to recieve knowlage from god

and can you show any scripture that says what you just said
regarding going to other teachers to find out what they teach and that we should not do that or be in a hurry to do that

i dont see any scripture to suport that ,,in the contex that you were speaking

2011/11/14 22:39Profile
EvangelTam

Re:

can you show any scripture that says it is the best way to recieve knowlage from god

and can you show any scripture that says what you just said
regarding going to other teachers to find out what they teach and that we should not do that or be in a hurry to do that

Hey,

I think that teachers are important and needed however reading the scriptures on your own is just as important! Just like in school you go to lectures and you also read the textbook and make notes.

Some scriptures that come to mind in regards to this matter is:

It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— John 6:45

But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him. 1 John 2:27

the Apostle John was writing that the HS was already teaching the beleivers he was writing too the things he wanted to say!

also
12“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you. John 16:12-15

tells us that the Spirit will guides into all truth...

hope this helps

in Christ
Evangel

2011/11/15 14:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy