SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Time To Cowboy Up

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Time To Cowboy Up

The post from Joyful_Heart about Romania brought back to my mind something I heard several years ago. I was in the room when this was spoken and I think it is absolute truth. Give it a read and let it sink into your thoughts.

TEXT OF THE QUOTE BEGINS NOW

It is sometimes Gods will that we endure tough, hard, and difficult times. Those who have endured and overcome very little in natural life can normally endure very little in spiritual matters. Things get tough so they give up and quit.

It isn't good to have things too easy. In America we had a generation that came through the depression that were tough. They could push through tough things spiritually because they had conquered difficult and hard times in natural life. They never gave up and survived the most difficult times our country had faced. They also did the same in spiritual matters. Those who have endured little in the natural can rarely endure much in the spiritual.

Physically, mentally, and spiritually they were a different breed because of the things they endured and pressed on through. It's not good to have it to easy spiritually. Folks that are ALWAYS having folks pray FOR them... exercising their faith FOR them...everything going easy.. the money just rolling in with no strain on their part. Folks that have it to easy then wilt when they run up against hard times. Sooner or later you will run up against something... something hard. If you haven't run up against hard times then you haven't been far yet.

I don't know where in the world some of the so called faith people get some of the fantastic ideas they have. It's nothing in the world but mental fantasies. They think they are just going to float through life on a cloud. Float down the stream of time on a flowery bed of ease. Well....you will soon find out dear brother and sister... some of you folks entering ministry or if you get out and begin pastoring a church...you will soon find out if you are floating down a stream on a flowery bed of ease or not! Somebody will remove all the ease there is about your life from you. Crisis comes to us all.

I want to see us toughened up bless God. Get ready to win when in a spiritual battle. Tough times will surely come. However, you can be prepared. Some things you must just pray through. Stay right in there until you pray them through. Don't quit and don't faint but endure. Endure and keep pressing on with the Lord.

Ken Hagin Sr., November 14, 1986, Winter Bible Seminar, Broken Arrow Oklahoma

END QUOTES

I know some will be surprised that Ken Hagin preached this way.If so then it is only because they knew of him from a far distance and by the words of others. Those of us who heard him day in and day out know that this is absolutely vintage Hagin. So...... I guess save the perhaps well intentioned, but misguided ,criticisms of the person. However, please share along the lines of the truth contained in the thoughts.

If ever there was a time we needed to get some spiritual grit and toughen up spiritually it is NOW! If ever Christians ever needed to know that others had their back it is NOW! If we ever needed to know that our brothers and sisters were in our corner and on our side without a design to put a knife in our back over some small theological area we don't totally agree on IT IS NOW!

Blessings to all and thanks Joful_Heart for your post that reminded me of these things this morning!

2011/11/14 10:53Profile
dietolive

Re: Time To Cowboy Up

QUOTE:
"If ever there was a time we needed to get some spiritual grit and toughen up spiritually it is NOW! If ever Christians ever needed to know that others had their back it is NOW! If we ever needed to know that our brothers and sisters were in our corner and on our side without a design to put a knife in our back over some small theological area we don't totally agree on IT IS NOW!"

Boy; is that true. Great word, dear Brother.

Be well,
Doug

2011/11/14 11:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy