SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The poor and needy are a priority with God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

The poor and needy are a priority with God

NOTE: The poor and needy are a priority with God. The Bible makes
this very clear, from the Old Testament to the New. The widow and
the orphan are at the forefront of His concern. A timely comment
on this topic is below-

1000 CHURCHES and 4000 HOMELESS??
-by 'Beres'.

I live in Nashville where more Bibles are printed than anywhere else
in the world. We have more Christian publishing houses in Nashville
than anywhere else on the face of the earth – more churches per
square mile – and, outside the Vatican, a greater percentage of
bodies in buildings on Sunday morning than anywhere else on
earth. So we in Nashville have a better chance to get it right,
wouldn’t you say??

We have 1000 churches and 4000 homeless people living and
dying under bridges and in culverts. I know because I have prayed
with them and lain with them as they died, and every week I feed
and pastor them. We can’t even get it right enough for every church
to reach out to 4 homeless people. And yes, that includes children
as young as they get.

Nashville is the headquarters for a swag of church denominations,
and para church organizations like the Gideons, and from this
buckle on the Bible belt of the richest nation on earth, missions
go out all round the globe. Those missions are funded with .01
percent of all monies collected in North American churches.

That’s right! For every $1000 collected by North American churches,
ONE Dollar is sent to evangelize those who have never heard the
name “Jesus” - but from the latest stats, are probably well aware
of the name “Coca Cola”.

And frankly, whereas I once despaired of these manifest failures
of the church, now I say, Bring it on! Let the world see forever the
rich failures of putting religion before Jesus, ritual before relationship,
rules before lives and liturgy before love.

When the world at large finally see that the emperor has no clothes,
so also will the light of the real gospel of grace and peace shine
the brighter. For where sin abounded, grace did much more abound!

Let it get darker, our Jesus will shine brighter.

www.johnthebaptisttv.com

2011/11/13 21:43Profile

Re: The poor and needy are a priority with God

bless God for the fingers that typed this post.

2011/11/13 22:15
jimp

Re:

hi, the homeless ministry can be the most discouraging of all ministries. i did it for years and until i found a scripture it was drudgery."he who giveth to the poor lendeth to God". poor people who had no id, some did not know their ssn., some were mentally sick and should have been in a hospital.drug addicts,drunks and the very discouraged . they would pray the sinners prayer every week( why i am a calvinist)and then ask for their bottle back at the end of the service. no real housing help.very little help with finances to get food for them or help with transporting them. people in churches resenting their odor and leaving altogether.God bless you as you minister to these soul who we have been told to invite to the feast. jimp compel them to come.

2011/11/14 0:09Profile
jimp

Re:

dear hez willing, how long this very important topic stayed up is a tribute to how much these giants of the faith are interested in the poor and needy.jimp maybe four hours.

2011/11/14 7:49Profile
roadsign

Re:

"... do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the KINDNESS of God leads you to repentance?" Rom. 2:4 NASB

May God reveal his KINDNESS to the needy in spirit - those in need of his eternal riches.

Diane

2011/11/14 9:18Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Praise God! We obey God in what He has called us to do. Sometimes we see the results sometimes only a little. It is the Holy Spirit that works in people. Being one that was saved during the Jesus movement we saw loads of street people, hippies etc. get delivered from drugs and alcohol on the spot. I mean they were high or drunk and then they were sober. Praise God!

We didn't know any better at that time, grin, for the most part no one was raised in Churches, so all we knew was to totally believe and obey whatever the Bible said! All glory to God.

I do understand that it is a hard calling. I was in Reno and down on the river with a table handing out hot coffee, hot water for tea and hot chocolate. Just a couple of us and tracts. We would pray with those who wanted prayer, love on them with the love of Jesus etc. A brother would come and share a message of Salvation. Birthed in prayer.

There were some who came to Christ, there were some who came to Church regularly, there were some who went their own way. But we were lifting up Jesus, obeying Him and leaving the results to Him.

This was not a Church function. The Holy Spirit spoke to my heart & another sister & an old biker who was saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Spirit. And God blessed it. Then man got involved and tried to take over. That ended it for me.

We have heard of Jesus so much here in the US and there are hardly any signs and wonders. We are still full of materialism, self, etc. and little of Jesus actually dwells in us.

The persecuted Church have become my new teachers. Praise the Lord. They are pure as they come and it is simply Jesus and them. They literally give up everything for Him. Even their lives.

Their spouses, children, mothers, fathers etc. many times are taken from them and one man said after his wife has been in prison with a death sentence had been given that, "my faith was strong before this happened, but now it is even stronger." "Her young daughters are saying I know Jesus is real, He will take care of us." She is in prison for loving Jesus with all her heart and has turned from Islam to Christ in Iraq. She cannot deny Him in any way shape or form. Glory to our God for people like this.

People are getting healed from all sorts of things all over the 10-40 window and then seeing Jesus has all power to deliver, heal and save the embrace Him with a passion.

Anyway, may we have ears to hear what the Holy Spirit is calling us to do and the love for Christ to go and obey. He only wants a "YES" from us and He will impart what is needed. Praise His Holy Name. He is worthy to give up everything for. He gave up it all for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Refrain:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

2011/11/14 9:19Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, one day the battery on the car went dead and billy said 'the bible say says you shall receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you'. he laid hands on the battery and told it to receive the holy Spirit. the car started right up. all was not negative in ministry and we had a few very wonderful moves of the Lord. it is difficult.jimp

2011/11/14 10:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy