SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have lost the Fear of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dougr777

I have lost the Fear of God

Please pray for me., I have lost the Fear of God in my life...

After watching the compilation I am convicted that I have lost this Biblical fear in my life.

Watch the compilation video if you have not seen it already.
Thanks.

Doug

2011/11/11 9:35Profile
jimp

Re: I have lost the Fear of God

hi, it is my belief that as you mature in the Lord and grow in grace that your fear of the Lord changes to a wonderful love that is coupled with a reverent awe of His love and grace toward you.it is very much the same with your earthly father.jimp

2011/11/11 9:54Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I think even I need the fear of God more in my life

2011/12/31 21:19Profile
JoanM

Re: Speaking about the fear of God

I would love a conversation on the Fear of God. I have searched the site for comments/testimonies on the subject around the time of the fall conference on the subject and revival. I have so far found nothing, which has not been the case with other conferences.

Interesting. Does this reflect how much the fear of God has been lost? So much that the only thing said commonly about it is exposing the distortion of it in "legalistic" ways? Lost by calling it just awe and focusing RATHER on the Love of God.

If anyone knows a thread on this I'd love a link, particularly related to the conference. I did see a few comments on the download page.

Maybe we speak as little about the fear of God as preachers preach about it nowadays.

Our Savior was given the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. He certainly was mature and loved God his father. I doubt He lost His fear of God as He approached the cross.

I am thinking yes to growth in the Love of God AND yes to growth in the Fear of God.

If anyone knows a conference related thread I'd love a link.

2012/1/1 4:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

When a child of Lord senses a lack in his/her spiritual life all you have to do is talk to the LORD Jesus about and he will be happy to oblige you. "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5. Works every-time.

2012/1/1 12:00Profile

Hey Doug,

You probably haven't, just the fact that asked for prayer tells me that you have not.

But to be sure, in your own words and belief, what is the fear of God to you? Not what you think the bible is saying, but just give us your understanding of what you think it is.

Thanks,

Happy New Year!

2012/1/1 14:09

Re:

The First Commandment from Deut 6 on to the Revelation is to LOVE GOD.

One must "know that He is" in order to love Him.

To see Who Jesus was and is - Creator GOD and to think that The Creator became the man that He was and to see the Creator on the cross, dying for us - causes that Love.

The more that we love Him - the more that we'll "Reverence" Him.

I'd focus more on love. Amen?

2012/1/1 16:52
Sidewalk

San Diego

Doug,

You have received some good and thoughtful answers to your post, I would answer along the same lines. In general I live in sweet peace with God my Lord and Savior, and don't think much about the fear. Always in that order, He must be acknowledged first as Lord before He can become your savior.

Recognizing that is the Fear of the Lord, quite unlike having your foot stuck in the railroad tracks with the Midnight Flyer bearing down on you kind of fear.

The depth of repentance determines the heights of Godly peace, and true repentance works in the firm grip of the fear of the Lord. Many people live without that holy fear, believing the strong delusions sent by God to those who don't love truth.

Doug, If isn't asking too much, could you describe for this little study group what having the fear of the Lord was like for you earlier? What exactly did you lose?

And thank you for bringing this up!

2012/1/1 17:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is the video of the compilation the brother is referring to:

SermonIndex.net Simulcast 2011 - Has The Church Lost The Fear Of The Lord?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=2647

2012/1/1 19:52Profile
Elibeth

Re: JoanM, on ' the fear of God'

I agree,where is the fear of God that is talked about in

Mt.10:28 ?...Jesus said, 'And fear not them who kill the body,but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell.

No, I really do not know where there is any teaching on this.

Elizabeth

2012/1/1 22:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy