SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Biblical Remedies?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I'm blessed in that I usually average 1 cold a year... so if I gotta get this cold I'd rather just get it now and get it over with. Especially with Thanksgiving and (shhh!!...) Christmas coming.

Krispy

2011/11/11 10:12
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"CHICKEN SOUP!! The heat and steam help so much!"

This is what I first thought of when I saw the original question.

The experts are beginning to agree with this remedy! They are saying that grandma knew what she was talking about when she used this remedy!

QUOTE:
"Sunlight.."

I agree with this. And here is why.

It has been years since I have had a cold. Now the experts say that the cold virus mutates so a person gets this particular cold only once. Once you get older you would have had most of the common colds and therefore are immune to it.
So, there are a few benefits to accumulating a lot of birthdays! lol

Anyhow, got off on a rabbit trail: the reason I believe sunlight is so helpful is because in the recent nine years I have had very few colds, the crud, once I think, but very few. I give credit to sunlight because of my exposure to it when I work in the greenhouses a lot during the day. In fact, I will have a suntan all winter long!

EDIT: Actually, I cannot remember the last time I had a cold! :-)

My two cents...

ginnyrose

2011/11/11 11:37Profile

Re:

I'm a few birthdays behind you... which explains why I'm enduring this one. I'd love to give it away to someone who can give it a nice home and lots of love. I'm done with it.

Krispy

2011/11/11 11:44
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"I'm a few birthdays behind you... which explains why I'm enduring this one. I'd love to give it away to someone who can give it a nice home and lots of love. I'm done with it."

LOL

2011/11/11 19:14Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: Biblical Remedies?

Hang in there my friend... trust you get to feeling better soon. God is good to us all. By the way... I hope you get to feeling better for all the holydays coming up. Keep looking up.

2011/11/11 21:28Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re: Biblical Remedies?

One of the best health recipes in the Bible is the example to fast regularly. The health benefits of fasting are so great it is hard not to get distracted from the spiritual reason for doing so. Not sure it will help with your cold though... :) (Don't fast when you're sick)

2011/11/12 19:58Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Wow lots of helpful tips :) I am planning on taking Vit D now for sure! You all made me a believer, is there some kind of baptism that I must go through now to join the club?

I met one guy that would drink all sorts of oils and said they were drank in the bible and he said that's why they lived so long, that guy always had a huge bottle of this oil stuff.

Fasting is great as well I love to fast, I always feel cleansed afterwards which is quite a relief I guess fast food and healthy living don't really intersect. lol Daniel gave us a pretty good diet to follow with his competition at the beginning of his book.

Im kind of curious if honey and locust have significant health benefit but dont' really want to try it out :P

Also I have the same Theraflu and I concur on the taste definitely NOT mixed berry with Green tea. LOL

2011/11/14 1:23Profile
brothagary

Re:

lol

2011/11/14 1:57Profile
passerby

Re:

That's it, Pro 17:22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones".

2011/11/14 5:56Profile

Re:

The best remedy is time, I guess. No matter what I took I felt horrible for the entirety of last week and this weekend.

Finally this morning I feel better, tho I still sound like a bad imitation of Joe Cocker.

Krispy

2011/11/14 8:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy