SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : earthquake in Oklahoma?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Enochh

Indianapolis

earthquake in Oklahoma?

would a earthquake in Oklahoma count as divers places?
I mean what does the Lord have to do to get the message to the church that He's on His way....take out a Superbowl commercial?

2011/11/6 20:01Profile
njhoover

Re: earthquake in Oklahoma?

And the earthquake in Washington D.C. earlier this year...

And the flocks of dead birds that fell from the sky earlier (also this year: http://gawker.com/5724490/another-flock-of-dead-birds-has-fallen-out-of-the-sky)

I think the Superbowl commercial to be unnecessary.

2011/11/6 20:58Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: earthquake in Oklahoma?

Enochh: For those who are watching and who love His appearing it will be no surprise. We do not know the day nor the hour, but we for sure should know the times and seasons. I was reminded of that scripture as well. Our house in Missouri shook very noticeably. These are not the only signs of His coming. See the post in News and Current Events about the Vatican's call for a one world financial and regulatory order. Hal Lindsay has a good analysis of this on his report this week. It is worth watching. I believe the time is upon us.

2011/11/6 21:31Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I heard that there was another earthquake in Oklahoma on Monday morning, a 4.7. Is this normal for the area? Or are these earthquakes unusual?

God Bless
maryjane

2011/11/8 10:57Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Hi Mary Jane,

Wow! Last night - Monday the 7th. of Nov. we had Severe T-storms with a possible up to 70 mph winds & hail up to the size of baseballs. And then came the tornado warming and to top it all off there was another earthquake or aftershock that shook my house. All last evening. Praise God for His protection and peace.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

Earthquakes in the past 7 days in the USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

Earthquakes in the past 7 days of the world

It is not like California & Nevada but there is the Madrid fault in OK.

2011/11/8 12:35Profile

Re:

Hi Maryjane,

The answer to your question is that it is not normal for Oklahoma to have magnitude five and above earthquakes. My wife and I actually felt the one on Saturday night here in Kansas. The sofa that we were sitting on shook and the ornaments rattled for at lease ten seconds, it was quite eery. Oklahoma has never had an eartquake this big. Apparantly, Oklahoma gets up to 50 small earthquakes a year, most of which are too small to even feel. In the last couple of years that number has increased to about 1000, and now the " large," one on Saturday night and a couple of slightly smaller ones, all unusual.

I think of brother Wilkerson's vision about the eathquake that was coming to America after the Japanese one, and how it would be in a place that would be unexpected. If it happened in the heart of the Bible belt there would be irony there..........brother Frank

2011/11/8 14:00
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Actually quakes near this magnitude are more common in OK than one might think. This one is the largest so far, but not by much. Since records have been kept (one must remember OK was not really settled until the 1890's) similar damage occurred in 1918, a mag. 5.5 in 1952 had its epicenter at El Reno, OK, many significant shocks in 56 and 57 that broke windows, damaged buildings, and shut down the oil operations at Catoosa for a time, 1968 and 1969 saw significant quakes with similar damage near Waynoka and Durant. I have a book by an early Methodist circuit rider who chronicals the effects of the New Madrid quake of 1812 in Indiana where he was ministering. Many buildings fell and church bells rang as far away as Pennsylvania.

We felt significant shaking in the Joplin, MO area from this quake. If anyone has ever traveled to Devil's Den state park near Fayetville, AR he would see a landscape torn to pieces by an earthquake, presumably the one in 1812. Earthquakes are quite common since the earth was cataclysmically rearranged during the great flood.

I have no doubts that the frequency and intensity of quakes worldwide is increasing, and that this is one of the signs of the Lord's soon return. It seems any more that quakes are in the news every other day and many of them are very large. Surely all of creation groans and travails. But to be fair this is not so uncommon for OK.

2011/11/8 15:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy