SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should we as christians worry about generational curses

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Should we as christians worry about generational curses

This was brought to my attention by some christians that i might be struggling with generational curses in my family line. Do you think this is biblical or true that a Christian could struggle with spirits like that?

2011/11/6 0:15Profile

Re: Should we as christians worry about generational curses

Definitely not!

Do you know WHO died on that cross and what He accomplished?

Col 1:13-17 'Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness', and hath translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son: in whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: for by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or 'principalities', or powers: all things were created By Him, and For Him: and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church 'of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood.'

Creator GOD was on that Cross!

This verse that some pull from the O.T. has no part in what was accomplished upon that cross.

If only those who are so much into demons/spirits and curses would only study His Word alone and come to an understanding of what was purchased for us that believe and accept what GOD Himself has done for His Creation and 'why' He suffered what He did, by what He took upon Himself and what it means to have the Triune Creator GOD residing inside of a true beliver ... it would boggle their mind - or at least it should - verily!

To not acknowledge His finished work on the cross is just another slap in His Holy Face and GOD forbid that.

2011/11/6 0:56
jimp

hi, the truth is i do not know but what i do know is learned behavior for generations.if you do not have any confidence and it has been beaten out of you by a older relative you usuallydo the same to your chilren. if you are buried in the welfare grave and are a young woman13 to18 you would feel it a good thing to get pregnant and have a baby so that your welfare payment would increase..adc...if you are given everything you want as a child you ususlly do not develope good work habits etc. dna is also important.jimp...first time i was in an apostolic church i witnessed a whole row of women who were acting the same shaking their heads while their hair fell down ...3 generation of the same family.

2011/11/6 0:59Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Jesus is God that is what i was thinking, if Christ saved us from our sins why would we have to worry about all these things from the past. I was looking at this one site and i saw all these huge list of things that could bring curses and i think all it does it makes worry about every little thing out their and we can then not walk in victory,i am not saying we should not care about our sin, but you begin to worry about ever little thing down to every object your around, and that is the last thing i need is to worry about stuff like that, i need to see Christ atonement that is a full atonement for my sins. I need to see that.

2011/11/6 1:14Profile

Re:

Stick with Just the New Testament alone until you're delivered from all of the lies you've been fed.
We are more than Conquerers.
What helped me years back, was to literally hand-write these type verses down. There's something about writing out Scripture that gets it into our heads better.

Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

There's quite a bit in this one verse above alone. It's a study in and of itself.

The enemy can only "lie" to a true believer.

What you read is the same principle that witch-doctors use to get the people to believe them and then the people become vexed in their imaginations until they do get sick.

Those who give demons more power than what the New Testament speaks of, are making Jesus littler and littler with each demon they exalt or each lie against The Word of GOD - the lies about what demons can do to His Children.
What type of GOD would shed His Own Blood and only half deliver anyone who comes to Him for salvation?
It borders on or is actually blasphemy against the Finished-Victorious work of Jesus on that cross, besides the torture He endured on our behalf before the cross - 'Isa 53':5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Only His Word can set us free from the lies we've been fed.
His Word is "Living" besides. :)

All His Best to you & yours.

2011/11/6 1:33
joliboy11

Philippines

Even on Jesus' time the Jews are deceived about generational curses that their parents' sin cause their decease
...this will help you:
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=01_04&year=11#curses

by Zac Poonen

2011/11/6 6:02Profile

Re:

Simple answer.... NO.

If Jesus has set you free then you are free indeed.

Krispy

2011/11/6 6:05
Compton

Re:

It has been my experience (with some sadness) that whenever someone teaches worry is a saving virtue, they are introducing some type of legalism into your faith. This is never more true then the notion of generational curses.

How many scriptures are there that exclicitly teach in Christ we have been set free from the ultimate generational curse of Adam's bloodline?

Generational Cursing is the pernicious kind of idea that implies the Gospel is a nice start, but is subject to "higher teachings". These secret teachings are just variations on an all too common theme that the Gospel's promises are warranted not by the blood, but by strict technical legal adherance to hidden spirtual laws. As such these systems of thought undermine faith, and bind people up, no matter how much they "promise" to deliver us from our anxieties and problems.

Blessings,

Mike

2011/11/6 13:33Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

"Be anxious for nothing..." Philippians 4:6.
"Rejoice in the Lord evermore." II Thessalonians 5:16

These are directions from the pen of Paul, inspired by God the Holy Spirit. They can only become fully understood, trusted and obeyed when God gives us light on our absolute liberty in Jesus Christ. In the tree of Adam, and underneath the Old Covenant, there indeed was satanic oppression, the curse of the law. We need to be very careful with the preaching and ministry we expose ourselves to today as believers in Christ. Extremely few brothers and sisters have a clear view and distinction between the old and new covenants, and the extent of what truly happened on the cross when Jesus Christ said: "It is finished."

Satan was totally defeated. His reign over man was ended, and the keys of death and hell irretrievably taken from him. As believers in Christ Jesus, we were removed from the tree of death in Adam and ingrafted into the tree of life in Jesus Christ. In Christ, and for those who walk in the Spirit, the power and authority of grace has been given to overcome the flesh, the world and all the power of Satan at every step. This means that nothing in Adam can ever touch or harm you in Christ without God's permission; Satan cannot kill you without God's prior decree, for the powers of darkness no longer hold the keys to our mortal demise. If your grandfather practiced voodoo in Adam, the curse stays in that rotten tree.

Please beware of preachers who frequent the Old Testament to pull up verses pertaining the abolished covenant to keep you in bondage in Christ. They will do it with the tithe and sabbath in particular, warning of curses that will come upon you in Christ, but sometimes you hear of the "generational curse" doctrine coming up as well. Do not be deceived.

2011/11/6 14:11Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

". As believers in Christ Jesus, we were removed from the tree of death in Adam and ingrafted into the tree of life in Jesus Christ. " Great point Paul West

2011/11/6 16:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy