SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The blessing of cal vs arm!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

When a person claims that Calvinism is just another word for Bible truth, and that the refutation of Augustinian theology is due to a Roman Catholic infiltration of salvation by works, this is paving the way for a fight. It is just a matter of time before the floodgates open, as has been my experience. I'm just issuing a brotherly warning based upon experience. Let's keep to the original intent of hmmhmm's topic and not dive into the old, time-beaten cal/arm exchanges and controversies.

2011/11/9 9:14Profile
dietolive

Re: Krispy

Brother Krispy,

You wrote:
"Yea, thats because the "church" slipped into Roman Catholicism. Thats what got traction.

But God always has a remnent and many among that remnent that always existed outside the Roman Catholic Church taught election... because the Bible teaches election."

Let us all agree that Augustine, Calvin, Owen, Spurgeon, and many other fallible men were greatly used by a merciful God in the past. They were indeed mighty pillars in the Church. This is true.

However, if we are to accept the peculiar doctrines they held up, particularly their doctrines of "individual election" and "unconditional security", those pillars, (mighty as they are), must themselves be standing upon something solid and unmovable.

Should the foundation of their "doctrines of grace" ultimately be found to be the sand of error, however well-intentioned, their doctrines must ultimately fall.

As our moderator has reminded us, public disputings regarding these core doctrines that have divided the Body for centuries are pointless, and usually destructive.

As I said before, the greatest idol of them all, self-pride, makes an honest assesment of the facts of Scritpure and History almost impossible, especially in a public venue.

Therefore, if you are truly willing to know, please contact me privately. Should God spare my life, before many days I will will show you the foundation of Calvinism.

But in any case, I cheerfully call you my Brother in the Lord. Be well my friend, and may God bless the reader.

Sincerely,
Doug

2011/11/9 9:34Profile

Re:

I'll let you have the last word... I will honor Pauls request.

As for contacting you personally, should I do that it will be for fellowship only for I seriously doubt that you have anything to share with me concerning the foundation of Calvinism that I have not already heard, read or studied about.

Love ya, bro...

Krispy

2011/11/9 10:14
savannah

Re: Pride & Prejudice

Re: "...the greatest idol of them all, self-pride..."

"A man may sometimes seem self-assertive,when really he has so completely lost himself in God that he does not care what people think about him,whether they regard him as an egotist or not. Some men appear to be modest because they are proud,while others seem to be proud because they have sunk themselves,and only speak so boldly because they have their Master's authority at the back of their words." CHS

2011/11/9 10:42Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

@ Paul West, you stated,

'We all know by now what happens to threads that take that path. Wisdom indicates that there is a fine line between edification and strife concerning this topic; a very fine line between I Tim. 4:16 and Titus 3:9."

Good word Paul. Spot on. Thank you for your maturity and heart to bless God's people rather than divide and damage the sheep. I greatly appreciate your work as a moderator and in enabling things to be a blessing. You are doing a wonderful job! Thanks bro!

@ dietolive, you stated,

Should the foundation of their "doctrines of grace" ultimately be found to be the sand of error, however well-intentioned, their doctrines must ultimately fall. (as is of course true for all systems of Biblical belief men hold to -Solomon101)
As our moderator has reminded us, public disputings regarding these core doctrines that have divided the Body for centuries are pointless, and usually destructive.
As I said before, the greatest idol of them all, self-pride, makes an honest assesment of the facts of Scritpure and History almost impossible, especially in a public venue.

THAT is a great post. Thank you for your maturity in wanting to bless and edify people. A great many posts are just a mud fight between people full of pride defending what ever their position might be. No one is more dangerous than a christian who "knows" they are right. You have hit the nail on the head. I, for one, am refreshed to read it. Thanks to you as well bro!

Have A Stellar Day Guys!

Solomon101

2011/11/9 10:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy