Discussion Forum : General Topics : Medical Insurance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sarah,
We do not eschew medical help. FYI, our 25 YO daughter died from a glioblastoma in 1996 in spite of the best medical treatment. Our 19 YO son had a cornea transplant 24 years ago. He had acathamoeba keratitis that ended up destroying his cornea. [EDITED]

This experience with cancer has taught me a lot, so much that when I talk about the issues dealing with terminal illness to my friends they are left speechless because they know firsthand what we went through. I have discovered since then that we are not alone. Others who have seen their loved ones treated for cancer only to die from it will say things like this: "if the cancer won't kill you the treatment surely will!" Now, granted, medicine has come a long way since then but people are still dying from it.

In searching for divine healing, when I am sick, hurt real bad I will ask my husband to lay his hands on me and pray for me.

Back in June the pain in my hips from arthritis was so bad my husband had to turn me in bed. For a month or so before I had to use crutches for the first 15 minutes in the mornings so I could walk. After this terrible episode I asked for and received anointing with oil by our pastors. I had one episode since - that night- but that was all. My crutches have been retired to the closet and been unused since. While the LORD did not heal me instantly, he did show me what lifestyle changes I needed to make and some practical things I could do. For this I praise Him. (My diagnosis of arthritis came from a doctor who said I need a hip replacement!)

God is good, if we give him an opportunity to demonstrate this. But if He decides to call a child home, He is still good! There is much rejoicing in heaven when one finally reaches Home!

Yes, I understand that when you are young and have a family to care for you may not understand my feelings on this issue, but our children are all adults and on their own. And Home looms closer then it did twenty years ago! :-)

ginnyrose

2011/10/29 11:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy