SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex becoming an Non-Profit Organization

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SermonIndex becoming an Non-Profit Organization

I am happy to announce that God has opened doors for SermonIndex to start the process of becoming an Non-Profit Organization. This has been heavy on my heart for awhile but in the recent month I knew I had to take steps prayerfully to begin this process.

In the last month God has confirmed and directed me to 3 godly men of God who are willing to be on the board of managers for the Organization. They all reside in Toronto so therefore we have been able to meet in person and prayer over issues.

the members are:
Tim Stevens (missionary)
Rob Kennedy (youth pastor)
Pat Sieler (pastor)

I would ask that you keep the board members in prayer and also all the steps it will take for SermonIndex to become Non-Profit. We will be applying for Non-Profit status within this next week God willing before I go down to Bible School in California. Please keep that in prayer.

After the Non-Profit Status has been secured (should take a month waiting period) then there is a longer wait to become Charitible status (6 months aprox) and this requires alot more work to setup the organizational structure etc.

If anyone has expertise or knoweldge of Non-Profit Organizations I would love to be able to talk to you over the phone. We are definetly looking for help from Lawyers and Accountants also. So if anyone on SI can lend that type of support I would be grateful.

There is a setup cost for getting SermonIndex Non-Profit but the benefits are great. I know the Lord has allowed this now for many reasons that SermonIndex might represent His will and purposes in this generation.

If you want to help financially towards the start-up of the organization please feel free to [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/support.html]Donate[/url]. Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. I would love to hear any suggestions.. and if you have ANY questions at all let me know.

I will keep everyone posted in this thread of newer happenings and prayer items ;-)

2005/1/1 16:00Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re: SermonIndex becoming an Non-Profit Organization

Greg, I didn't know it was a For-Profit org before !! :-P :-P

2005/1/1 19:28Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, I didn't know it was a For-Profit org before !

hehe yes it has been a For-Profit Business for about almost 1 year now.. before I ran SermonIndex as first off a private project then put it under my WRT Books business in early 2003. Then in early 2004 I started it as its own business. But truly the heart of the website has been Non-Profit since its inception. I have been waiting on the Lord for a board of directors who share the same vision and not to run the ministry bigger then what the Lord wants it to be. I have felt a peace about taking this step in the last month. As one dear brother kept saying to me.. put water on it (elijah on mount carmel) and then you will know its from the Lord.

I know once SermonIndex becomes Non-Profit there will be many open doors for this ministry to expand. Be in prayer with me dear brother and others who read this. ;-)

2005/1/1 19:47Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We will be applying for Non-Profit status within this next week God willing before I go down to Bible School in California. Please keep that in prayer.

There has been quite abit of work done towards the establishment of SermonIndex as a Non-Profit Organization in the last few weeks. It appears that the application won't go in before I leave for California but the process will begin soon. Still stay in prayer about this.. the board and myself have been meeting to pray and give this whole process to the Lord and also to prepare as much documentation as possible. I have gotten as much information as I could in the last few weeks to the board about the whole setup of SermonIndex and how it works. Again if anyone has any expertise in these areas of charitable law, accounting, etc.. I would love to be able to speak with you and get some help and advice.

I feel confident that within a few months SermonIndex [b]will[/b] be setup as a Non-Profit Organization. There are so many opportunities out there for this ministry to expand and I believe having it as Non-Profit will allow for that growth.

Giving financially to this ministry at this time is NOT tax-deductible, I estimate it will be in 8-10 months after we apply for charitable status. You can still give your support here to help this ministry: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/support.html]Donations[/url]

The more support that comes in will help SermonIndex expand in some of the following ways:
-More sermon mp3 content.
-Radio Outreach.
-SermonIndex hosted Conference.
-Book Publishing.
-Possible TV outreach..

there are so many other opportunities to get the message of genuine revival out to so many people.. get involved with this ministry today. Here are some other tangible ways you can help: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4057&forum=15&3]Getting Involved with SermonIndex[/url]

2005/1/8 22:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy