SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Bible School update (webmaster)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

This is really great to read. Total answers to my prayers! Keep seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness... then as He wills and chooses, He'll add these things to you. Worry about nothing, keep your faith in God simple, and keep walking down the path that He leads you down.

2005/4/19 17:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Update: May 2nd[/b]
Well things are winding down pretty much at Bible School. There are about 3 weeks left the school semesester ends on May 26th. I am working on alot of finals and finishing up last minute things. God has really blessed me to be able to stay ontop of the work and beyond that really be blessed by spending more time with Him and other Christian brothers and sisters.

I would ask that you pray about my last time at the school for this semester that it would be honoring to God and that He would enable me to finish well as I have begun. God's provision has been amazing and I am very excited about His continally provision and watching over me.

I am looking to possibly intern at the Calvary Chapel Church in Escondido and should be meeting with the pastors there this week! I am very excited about this and getting some practical disipleship and also helping serve with the skills that the Lord has given me. Who knows what opportunities and ministry direction the Lord will give me as I am faithful with the small things. So please pray about that meeting. Also as many of you know I am going to Ukraine from mid june to the 6th of July to serve and minister to street kids and visit and encourage a few Calvary Chapel churches in Ukraine and also Belarus. There is still a need for prayer and support more information can be found here: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5152&forum=16]Ukraine Mission trip[/url]

Some other great news that I would like to share is that me and Yolanda are in a committed relationship now. We have been friends since I came down the first time to California and really God allows us to be very good friends in the Lord to encoruage and strengthen each other. But recently God definetly made it clear it was ok to go ahead with becoming more then friends. Yolanda has and will continue to be such a blessing in my life and I really feel part of God's plan for me in this life. Please pray for us if you feel led that our relationship would honor God and that ministry and serving God would be something that is paramount. Man God has been so good to me and I really feel I am in His will for my life being down here in Calfornia.

I am very much anticipating to share all the great things God is going to do this next week, month as Bible School finishes up. If anyone has any more direct questions about my experiences at Bible School thus far I would love to answer them.

2005/5/2 16:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
Some other great news that I would like to share is that me and Yolanda are in a committed relationship now.

God is so good Greg.

Many many happy years for you both, is my loving prayer. Now you have someone to read "Song of Solomon" with, God is good! amen.

Neil

2005/5/2 16:25
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Quote:
Many many happy years for you both, is my loving prayer. Now you have someone to read "Song of Solomon" with, God is good! amen.

[b]Neil[/b]

Thanks for your prayers. [laughs] However, I don't think the Song of Solomon would be appropriate for us to read together at this point. What I've gotten out of that book while recently reading through it this year is still between God and I. [smile] I think we'll stick to the good stuff, like flee youthful lusts. That's a good one.

[b]Greg[/b]

Wow! I will admit that I was curious to see if you were going to mention us on here. [laughs] I think I'm still in a bit of shock... but that's really cool that you mentioned it, because it is a part of your life and what's going on. We do need people's prayers and... as God continues to be in this, leading and guiding us, being first and foremost in our lives, hopefully the watching, praying body will be blessed to witness God at work.

Of course you know, I'm praying that you get all your school work done. It is important to finish well. I'm praying for your possible internship here at Calvary Chapel of Escondido this summer, and that God would prepare us to be used in Ukraine and Belarus in June/July. May your life continue to be a good witness and example to all those on SI, and may you also learn from the older, wiser ones on here. God bless Greg. [smile]

2005/5/2 16:56Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
Yolanda has and will continue to be such a blessing in my life and I really feel part of God's plan for me in this life. Please pray for us if you feel led that our relationship would honor God and that ministry and serving God would be something that is paramount.

[i]“...a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” (Ec 4:12)[/i]

Don’t know the right theology about it, but as I read this verse, it shows me the kind of relationship God has in view. A relationship between a man and woman who are fully committed to their one and only [b]first[/b] love, the Lord Jesus.

I must be honest, I had seen it coming bro…:-P ;-) but I’m very happy for you. I believe with all my heart that when you stay single-focused on Christ, God will use this relationship to deepen your personal relationship with Jesus (for both of you :-)). It will be part of the School of Christ in your life. Many aspects of who God is, how He looks at us, treats us, what His feelings are like…they will all become so much more real to you (speaking out of "brain"-experience :-P here) …and God will only mould you more and more…until Christ is all that you have left.

I really pray that your trip to the Ukraine will be a blessing. There’s that wonderful verse in Luke 16:10, saying: “He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much”. May God write these words on our hearts…

There’s that simple song that I think is so awesome:

[i]Make me a servant,
Humble and meek
Lord, let me lift up
Those who are weak

And may the prayer of my heart always be…

Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Today[/i]

May the Lord use you (Greg and Yolanda) as humble servants of a high and lofty King in the Ukraine and Belarus! God always takes His time to prepare His people...and this is part of the process (edit: and part of His ministry already!).

Seek Me and live (Amos 5:5)

Blessings,

Your brother, Paul

2005/5/2 17:03Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Neil[/b]

Thanks for your comments and encouragement, please do pray for us we definetly want to be an shining example to the body of Christ. As God has and continues to lead us closer together as we seek Him first.

[b]Yolanda[/b]

:-) I am so glad the Lord has brought us together in His timing. It is and will continue to be something that is rich and full because its in the Lord. Thinking and praying for you! [smile]

[b]Paul[/b]

Dear Brother Thank you for those words from the Lord. What an encoruagement and blessing. I covet your prayers! I am very happy also brother the Lord definetly is good to us. Its so true that if you seek first His kingdom and righteousness all things will be added to us.

2005/5/2 18:19Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Update: May 17th[/b]
Upon writing this update there is about less then 2 weeks of school left. There has been so much scripture and times of fellowship that it really is still sinking into my spirit and mind. God has been blessing me very much with great experiences in Him and in ministry. I am working on many finals for courses and finishing up last assignments. I think my grades are quite good but over that I know the time in the scriptures has been well worth it.

I am very much looking forward to the Ukraine trip which is coming up quite soon in about 1 month. Once I am done at school aprox (may 26th) I will be going to stay at brother Josh's house till I go on the mission trip to Ukraine. During that time I will be interning at Calvary Chapel Escondido and specifically helping with the website in which Yolanda is the webservant for. It will be great to serve the body of Christ in this way. I should be staying in California over the summer and interning at the CCE church serving in different areas of ministry. This opportunity is a great answer to prayer to get involved with ministry and apply what I am learning.

I have also been blessed with a car down here. A family from SI is helping me to pay for it so I can have a vechile down here. It has been a tremendous blessing and really God's perfect timing. I have been able to use it for ministry and for necessary personal use. I am definetly in awe of God's blessings. It is a simple verse but has been one that has been playing over and over in my mind this semester.

Matthew 6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

As I mentioned in my last update God has lead me and Yolanda into a committed relationship and I can't begin to tell how that has also been God's timing and such a blessing. I really feel in God's will and that He is preparing me for many things. Yolanda is a wonderful gift from God and its going to be great to serve with her at the Calvary Chapel Escondido church and also during the mission trip to Ukriane.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support. There is a still a need for more financial support for the Ukraine trip, I still need to pay the $800 for the camp, I have already payed the $1500 for the plane tickets. Please pray about supporting me.

simply mail money or check to Calvary Chapel of Escondido, 1675 Seven Oakes Road, Escondido, CA 92026 (make check payable to: Calvary Chapel of Escondido, memo: Greg / Ukraine).

2005/5/17 13:14Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: You to?

Quote:

DezCall wrote:
I must be honest, I had seen it coming bro…

I don't know what it is by I thought the same thing. I think it was the pictures you posted on your expeditionary trip to California that got me thinking.

Ah well...Gods timing.

2005/5/17 13:43Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Zeke[/b]

Thanks for your comment. Thats amazing that you had that feeling.. it was even something I didn't totally have till later when I started to realize that God had plans I knew not of. It's amazing how He works. But when I did first meet Yolanda there was something special about her, now I know what it is. :-)

I recently went to [b]Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa[/b] which is the main church where all the calvary chapels started. It's Chuck Smith's church and it was such a blessing, me and a bible school student (Xavier) went for a service last thursday. Here are some pictures of the church and ourselves:

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1281.jpg[/img]

2005/5/17 14:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

The wonder of it all

Had communicated this offline to Greg earlier upon first hearing of this wonderful news and it was such an incredible thing to hear...

But to you Yodi and Greg, that the Lord bless and keep you both in His perfect will, my prayers will always be with you even as they are for everyone here, can't but help to brood over this place... I am so thankful that I got to meet you bro. and all these dear saints through all this here at SI. The things I have seen and heard and felt... Praise be to God.

2005/5/17 15:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy