SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : fear and worry over the direction of the world

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Deadn wrote: I feel sorry for the original poster of this message. It sounds as if you have a very sensitive nature about yourself? It seems that possibly your emotions are playing games with you.

_________

Don't need to feel sorry for me, really I am fine:) Better now that I am just seeking to follow the conviction that I have from GOD in my life in this area. I think GOD is pretty amazing actually to show me these things in my life that I struggle with so that I might continue to die to self and live in obedience and submission to HIS will. I give thanks and praise HIS name for all that HE does.

I am not sure what you meant when you said "it sounds as if you have a sensitive nature about yourself?"

But I can say for sure that my emotions are not playing games with me. I have felt for some time that watching news and reading news online does not profit me personally or help in my daily walk with JESUS so coming to a place to say I am done with it is HIS will for me, my time is better served in seeking HIM and the things of HIS Kingdom.

I think that it is great that you enjoy reading the news and that GOD uses that in your life to help you grow.

God bless
maryjane

2011/10/26 16:24Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

Mary Jane,

Let me encourage you,
I too have suffered greatly with fear, all sorts, many types. It is to bring us once and for all to our grave. Self has ruled and tried to deify itself for too long in our lives and in the lives of soooo many. Die MJ, and then you will live, allow the death, submit to it, not defeat but to the fact that this is your cross to bear.

I love you MJ, and I dont need to know you, as well as my other brethren here at SI. We all have sooo many burdens that we need lifted, but the lifting is not always as imminent as we would like it to be, so we have to bear, bear until we die off, and our faith is lifted.

Can private messages still be sent?
If so MJ, I would like to talk with you

2011/10/26 21:32Profile
browny

Re:

Holy Spirit, Peace divine!

Still this restless heart of mine,

Speak to calm this tossing sea,

Stayed in thy tranquility.

-S. Longfellow

2011/10/27 9:06Profile

Re:

If I could give my experience with anxiety/fear ... 30 something yrs ago, a friend felt that I was like that girl, "Little Much Afraid", from the book, "Hinds Feet On High Places", so they gave me the book.

The LORD taught me that the only way to overcome fear is to face it 'head-on'. Like a bull charges a red cape ... if you know what I mean. It 'was' The LORD that did that tweeking of my direction/personality - not me.
The very things that I feared, He caused me to determinedly head right into with a zeal. Again, that wasn't my idea but the direction He led and even forced me into - in His Great mercy.

Never become an 'Ostrich' - to be forewarned is to be emotionally and spiritually forearmed. And 'fear' is from the enemy.
Most anxiety is over what we 'think' might happen - but to face what the Word of GOD says will happen is just reality and not unknown fears and we never need to fear what Father said would happen. Big difference between what HE says and other 'fears'.

About 26 yrs ago, the fear of crossing bridges came over me, out of no-where. The LORD said, "Either you cross this bridge now or you'll teach yourself to always fear bridges" - so I did and kept on crossing it, until the fear was gone.
I've HAD TO do that with every single fear that's come at me and it Works. Bless The LORD GOD Almighty. If I run from a fear - it becomes a part of me, until I turn back around and face it full force.
Perfect Love casts out all fear - because we know that HE Loves us SO Much, that He'd never let us face anything that He hasn't allowed - knowing that we WILL be able to take it because He's With us and In anything that comes our way.
He's NEVER out-of-control of what we experience - He holds us always with His Strong Hands through Everything .... Thank GOD!

He's into making us "unlike ourselves" - To His Glory!

Bless you Sis MaryJane - Always!!

2011/10/27 10:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy