SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church (Compilation)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church (Compilation)

Saints,

This powerful compilation will God willing be played at the "Fear of God" conference tonight that sermonIndex.net is running. We pray this will be a great blessing to many.

Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church (Compilation)
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=2667

2011/10/22 10:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Fear Of God Has Been Lost In The Church (Compilation)

This was a very powerful message and brought great conviction in the venue when we played it. I trust it will have a similar blessing watching from your home and computer screen.

2011/10/23 11:24Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

I must agree strongly that there is no fear of the Lord, at least not a healthy fear, but I am more inclined to lean toward what Brother Washer stated, How can we truly fear God unless we have a proper knowledge of HIM?

Without Knowing God through Christ, what He has done for us through the Cross, the resurrection, and through the holy Spirit's work, then we have nothing.

We literally dont have the God of scriptures, just the thought of our idealogy and what we have conjured up to appear Godly. IT all falls down when we come to nothing and we have to realize that we have much of nothing until we meet Him in some crisis or experience where He tears down our idealogies and habits.

All Praise be To God

2011/10/23 15:35Profile
brothagary

Re:

thanks greg,,,,,convicting, yet incouraging

2011/10/24 5:42Profile
Questor

Re: Fear of God

Having watched the compilation, I still remain what I always am...wondering what you mean by the fear of YHVH.

I am completely aware of His awesome power, and the jealosy with which He regards us...wanting our bridal eye to never wander from Him, and the overwhelming knowledge of His justice, but I hear the preachers preaching fear, and wonder what emotion we are supposed to walk in when we are wholly saved from YHVH's rage by the death and resurrection of Yeshua.

How can I walk in the peace that Yeshua offers, if I am afraid of YHVH?

YHVH Saboath knows me through and through. There is nothing that I do not think and feel that He does not know, and I know that in our conversations I am too familiar with Him, irreverent, even contentious, but I respect Him without measure, and He must know that.

He also does not thunder in my ear, nor am I to be in His unbearable presence until I am resurrected to another place and time, at which time I will be overwhelmed by the unutterable power He holds over me, and all things. I too will fall to my face...how could I not?

But Adonai has made me, and led me, and has given me into the hands of His Son, Yeshua, to be healed and made whole by Him, and to be raised up in Yeshua's righteousness...not my own. I have none of myself, anymore than I have the power to make myself over into what YHVH wants of me...my only task is to submit to His direction through the Holy Spirit, and to allow YHVH to do what He wants of me, and be what He wants me to be in His power and direction.

I love YHVH, and Yeshua, and the Ruach haKodesh, but I do not fear them for me. I am in terror over what others will face, who choose not to be washed and redeemed by Christ, but I do not fear in the sense that everyone seems to be getting at.

And yet I understand fear, and terror, and have felt them about the future days to come, and been reassured by YHVH that I am not to fear, but to rest in Him. Does not every meeting in the Scriptures with angels, or with the great I Am in any form begin with the words, 'do not be afraid'?

And it isn't that I love YHVH or Yeshua as I should...I know I don't, but all the years of my studying have told me that I must learn to trust, and lean on Adonai.

How can I trust Him if I am to fear Him at the same time? Admire, and delight in the sheer grandeur of His power? Do I not shrink from the extent of the building rage in Him at the continous sin and evil in the world? Of course. Yes, He can kill me if He likes, and even consign me to Hell, for I certainly deserve it, but we are supposed to be trusting in YHVH's mercy through the death and resurrection of Yeshua, for our ultimate end, and for every day we walk in this life, through the New Covenant that was cut in Yeshua's blood.

Please, please tell me what I am to fear, what I have missed, what I do not understand, lest I not know, and err all the more.

But if I, a Believer, am to fear YHVH, and not love and trust Him the more every day to keep the promises He made to all of us through Yeshua, what am I supposed to do?

Q

2011/10/28 22:34Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i no longer fear my father but love him.He is love and love has power and fear has torment.do you fear your earthly father or do you love him? He has over 50 years proven to me that He loves me and i have labored to enter into His restfear isthe beginning of wisdom but love is wisdom itself.jimp it is the goodness of God that leads to repentance.

2011/10/28 22:47Profile
Questor

Thank you, jimp.

Q

2011/10/28 23:14Profile
Questor

Obviously, many that are teaching us do believe that fear of YHVH is to be commended.

Why is this so if we are to trust Him?

Q

2011/10/28 23:18Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

The fear of the Lord and the comfort of the Holy Ghost go hand in hand. They are not mutually exclusive.

Act 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the FEAR OF THE LORD, and in the COMFORT OF THE HOLY GHOST, were multiplied.

Where one is, you will find the other. They are always together.

Sarah

2011/10/28 23:24Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

Please do a key word search on "fear" and "God" as well as "fear" and "Lord" (on a site such as biblegateway.com) and you will see that it runs like a red thread through the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. Too many references to post them here. And so it is the Word of God itself which teaches that the fear of God is to be commended, not just men.

I believe the struggle you have with this teaching has to do with the idea that the "fear of the Lord" always equals "being scared of the Lord." This is not so. There are two meanings to this original word:
http://www.searchgodsword.org/lex/heb/view.cgi?number=03372

I also highly recommend Al Whittinghill's sermon from the Simulcast conference. It has surprised me that no one mentioned it here, I thought it was very good. You can find a download on this page:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1306

Hope you will find this helpful.

Edited to add this article which you might like:
http://judaism.about.com/od/beliefsandlaw1/f/feargod.htm

2011/10/29 0:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy