SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Dave,

I have read some of your post and all I see are a lot of words. Let me ask in gentleness, do you kniw Jesus? Have you ever asked him into your heart? You have a head full of theology which I see is false. But do you have Jesus in your heart who is true? The kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. Do you have Jesus who is power in your life?

Dave read the gospel of John with a humble heart. Ask God to reveal Jesus go you. Ask him into your heart. Having Jesus in your heart is far better than having a head full of erroneous tbeology

Blaine.

2011/10/23 15:44
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Daddski,

According to your view, are the teachings of Jesus binding upon the Church?

Ron

2011/10/23 20:26Profile
daddski

Re:

Thanks for asking,
I know Jesus very well, the issues I am talking about are about salvation and the program Jesus set for us in the Body of CHrist...
I will not use a lot of words friend just repeat what He had Paul tell us...

If our gospel is hid it is hid to those who are lost..."
This is why I ask you..
Do you know the difference between the gospel that saves (the gospel of Grace in this dispensation of Grace)..
Or do you not understand how to be saved?
Only Acts 16:30 and 31 and Romans 10:9 can save you...

Jesus was dealing with Jews under the guidelines of law while on earth... NOT GENTILES UNDER GRACE>
Sadly if you do not know this and the stewardship Paul discusses in Ephesians chapter 3 then I have to ask you brother...
Do you know how to be saved?

If you repeat Acts 2:38 then sadly brother you do not know ... But there is hope...

2011/10/23 21:36Profile
daddski

Re:

Hi Ron
Jesus taught the Jews of the time one thing (mainly red letters) and He taught us from Heaven through Paul.
the teachings of Jesus Christ taught to us in the epistles (through the apostle the bible tells us as ours only apostle (Romans 11:13)
13For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

NOtice the word THE brother. It means Jesus used ONE apostle to bring the dispensational changes (governing rules from GOd to us) on how to be saved today...
Yes of course they are binding. However:
Jesus is the one in Matthew 10:5,6
5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

what were they NOT to take to us?

THe instructions (stewardship) of the kingdom law.

Why? Because they were not dealing with us under grace, they were dealing with Israel under law.

The question friend is this:
Does the Bible say the words I have been discussing or not?
If not then I am wrong
If so you have a decision to make....

Will you adjust your beliefs to fit Gods word or will you continue to reject Gods word to follow organized religion?

That is the decision I had to make as well. I understand what I said is different than you were taught. My challenge to you is this: use scripture to confirm or deny what I have said. It is not just words friend. The doctrines are there, the only question is whether or not you accept God at His word or not.
This is what 2 Timothy 2:15 is all about... Understand that red letters are no more important than the black ones in fact sometimes the black ones (and Jesus dictated them as well) are more important in understanding Him and what He accomplished on the cross.

God bless

2011/10/23 21:46Profile
daddski

Re:

And failure to correctly divide scripture and find the gospel of grace will send a man to hell.

One simple question
using the KJV read Romans 2:16

Are you positive what Paul means when he claims "My Gospel"? I am , I have spent years studying every word of the bible with main study on the differences of law and Grace. Paul calls it His Gospel because it was new and different. Literally hundreds of verses confirm this :-) It is just a question of whether or not you will accept it when God shows you new insite that differs from mainstream religion. Sometimes my friend you have to actually study outside what is taught on Sunday morning. Many times you will find that the bible does NOT mean what the pastor said. I am sure yours is honorable before God but seminary can be incredibly overpowering and if he was like me when I went to mine then you do not question what they tell you. Partly because you are too buisy studying and partly because you dare not or face expulsion... Sad but true.

2011/10/23 21:52Profile
daddski

Re:

It is interesting that you assume I am false. Brother I grew up and was saved in a Baptist church at 13. I am 50 now and have learned so much once I let go of being Baptist and concentrated on being a Bible Believing member of the Body of Christ church.

For you to reject me after so few words friend makes me laugh. I was like that too. so full of myself that I was sure anyone with a different opinion was wrong and lost....

There is time to get with God and open your mind to what He is telling you instead of a few verses taken out of context friend....

I know John well, he did not write on dispensational issues, He just wrote about the Lord Jesus and let us know how He loves us. Jesus used Paul to write half the new testament to us gentiles and interestingly enough 13 books to the Jews under law.

Understanding what the cross accomplished and how free from the law we are was the job given to Paul/. When you read his words you ARE reading Jesus' words to you...
Sadly I get the idea that you have not yet learned that sad fact...

It is not I that says this it is God...

BLess and hope for your salvation..
Dave

2011/10/23 21:58Profile
daddski

Re:

You do know brother that Jesus doesn't need martyrs.. He needs those of us who will live for Him and step out of the crowd to teach His word the way He commands... By rightly dividing it along dispensational lines...

As far as erroneous theology I came out of that when I left the Baptist and later pentecostal churches.
Sadly many there will never see heaven as they are who Jesus talks of in Matthew 7:21,22

Check out the words "rightly dividing" in 2 timothy..
The Greek is "ortho othotemeo" meaning to dissect the scripture to the bone as to what is written specifically to whom..

Listen,
I know you will not see things the same as me. I expect it. The neat thing is if you use scripture to discuss the issues instead of assuming I am not saved then you will get a deeper understanding of God and His word...
That after all is my desire for me and thee as well... We are allowed to disagree as long as we see what we believe to be the truth. The only way for that to be is study study study.....

:-)
Have a great one...
Dave

2011/10/23 22:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Prophets

Brother, it seems that you don't want real and true conversation on this topic because all of page two seems to be you answering yourself.

If I am wrong, I apologize. Brother, there is much wisdom here if you have room to accept it.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting GET UNDERSTANDING. Proverbs 4.7
We can have a ton of knowledge but if we don't have understanding in how to apply it, etc, what good is it?

Lisa

2011/10/23 23:59Profile

Re:

Dave,

You diligently study the scriptures because you think by them you possess eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about Jesus. Only he can give you eternal life. Please do not refuse him.

I urge you. Lay aside this theology. Open your heart to Christ. Accept him who is truth. Only he can save you. Only Jesus can give you eternal life. Your Bible study cannot save you and may be that which will condemn you in the last day. I urge you to recieve Jesus as your savior. For only he can save you.

Blaine

2011/10/24 0:10
njhoover

Re:

Dave, I don't mean to stir up dissension, but when you write:

"It is not I that says this it is God..."

It sounds extremely close to what someone claiming to be a prophet would say. As someone who doesn't even believe in modern day prophecy, I would urge you to avoid saying things like that.

Peace to you

2011/10/24 18:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy