SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question about divorce and remarriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
cryinthenite

Re: question about divorce and remarriage

A believer that is divorced and remarried will not inherit the kingdom but they do not lose there eternal life.

For the 1000 year rule of Christ they will be in outer darkness becouse they did not take up there cross and lose this life to gain the life of Christ.

After Christ gives His rule to the Father it becomes the Kingdom of the Father, the believers that were cast out of the 1000 year rule of Christ will be restored.

We can lose reward!!!

Please read 1Cor3:11-23 before any tear me up for what I have spoken.

2011/10/16 13:51Profile

Re:

That sounds like "purgatory" and the unsaved are thrown into outer darkness until the day of judgement.

"the sons of the kingdom" that Jesus was referring to in Matt 8 was his reply to the religious jews compared to the faith of the centurian.

Matt 22 is another example that has nothing whatsoever to do with "saved" people and neither does Matt 25.

Don't know where you got that teaching - but it's dangerous.

To be absent from the body is to be present with The LORD. No Purgatory.

2011/10/16 14:02
cryinthenite

Re:

Sorry but to say Matt 22 AND Matt 25 are not for saved people is very dangerous.

Dont put words in peoples mouths I do not believe in pugatory just losing rewards.

outer darkness is what Peter fell into when he denied Christ.He wept bitterly outside the camp because he did not like the cross.

2011/10/16 14:31Profile
myallinall

Wisconsin

Re:

Thank you for all of your replies. They have been helpful. As for losing a reward, I have no concern. I don't deserve one. My only fear is offending my precious Jesus who I love with all of my being. My other love is my unsaved husband who I am praying for. ( he was reading the Bible this morning!) Love and blessings to all of you, Lori

2011/10/16 14:54Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """A believer that is divorced and remarried will not inherit the kingdom but they do not lose there eternal life."""

Where did this come from? This is mans salvation still trying to work his way into the kingdom, which is impossible and circumvents the Cross of Christ and His work in us after we are born again of the incorruptable
Seed of the Father, putting another person in us, The Son of God making all the Father has birthed joint hiers with Christ to His kingdom, His Church, the Body of Christ.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/10/16 14:57Profile

Re:

cryinthenite - These two verses below also contain the same destination of the unsaved, that is also called "outer darkness" in those other verses.

It's a 'destination' that is after life - where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth - forever.

2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

Jud 1:1213 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

2011/10/16 15:01
cryinthenite

Re:

I know what you are trying to say but those verses are to believers who have turned away from the cross.

Peter is a type.

The word you use for "fOREVER" speakes of an age.

Blackness of darkness is for the enemies of the cross of Christ that have gone beyond wicked and lazy service.

2 Pet and Jude are for the saved.

I just ask that you all think about it thats all.

2011/10/16 15:22Profile
elderlemon

Re:

With what you have said. I think you are of the correct frame of mind, and that the Lord is seeking you and your Husband as a couple. You can't keep going back to the past. Of course you may, but with prayer, each time the Lord can reassure you and strenthen you, assuring you of his love for you.
You love the Lord and want your husband to know him. Bless you sister. You are under the precious blood of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ! His work was complete on the cross.
Please know that the Lord wants to encourage you and reach your husband too. His voice is one of encouragement.

Burdens are lifted at Calvary
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RerKOSHq6Q0

I'm going to pray for you both.

2011/10/16 16:06Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Lori, I thank God for your new life in Christ and will ask that God open up your husbands heart as He did yours. Your sin was forgiven (all of it) being as you know, washed in the very blood of Christ our God and Savior.

2011/10/16 16:42Profile

Re:

Nat.12:31-32
And so I tell you , every sin and blasphemy, will be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a wotd against the son of man will be forgiven, but anyone who spraks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Saints all sins, save one, have been forgiven at the cross. That sin that is not forgiven is not divorce but blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Again the unpardonable sin is attributing the work of the Spirit to the devil, not divorce.

Blaine

2011/10/16 16:46

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy