SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wondering about how to handle this situation (concerning celebrating hoilday)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Wondering about how to handle this situation (concerning celebrating hoilday)

I wanted to ask a question concerning the practice of observing Halloween. We moved real recently and it seems that all the neighbors is my area celebrate this tradition because all of the houses are now decorated with ghost, witches, and the like. I do not take part in this holiday and have not for a very long time. When I lived in my old area it was never an issue that we did not take part because we were in a rural area and no children went around door to door. There are plenty of children in our where our new home is and I am not sure what I should do. How do others handle this time of year? Do you pass out candy or do you turn out the lights and pretend not to be home? IF I do pass out candy is that like supporting this day which seems to represent so much evil????

Realize this may seem like a really silly question for many but for me I just have not had this come up before and not sure what I should do? Am praying about it and thus far I feel like if I give out candy I am compromising some how?

rdg

2011/10/13 16:10Profile
live4jc

Re: Wondering about how to handle this situation (concerning celebrating hoilday)

Hi rdg,

Our family plans to hand out candy and tracts to the kids, as we've done some other years. Although there's much evil that takes place on this day, I believe it's possible to 'redeem the day'.

God's blessing, as you seek His guidance :-)

In Jesus,
John

2011/10/13 17:43Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I hate this holiday but I join the other Saints praying against the evil of the holiday. But I too use it to hand out tracts with a bit of something. No decorations at all. This is a good time for tracts. And who knows who will read it in the family. Praying is the key here and show the love of Jesus.

2011/10/13 19:14Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I like the idea of sharing with others about the Lord. Can you tell me where do you get the tracts that you hand out?

thanks
rdg

2011/10/13 19:41Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

RDG. http://cefpress.com/home.php?cat=59

http://cefpress.com/product.php?productid=446&cat=30&page=1

I am going to use this one this year I think.

God bless you dear sister.

2011/10/13 20:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy