SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Another voice from the early church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother Frank - Good answer to our dear Sister MaryJane.

I say this with all the self-dread that a human can have, but I've been IN His presence and the Glory is something that will remain within my mind and soul for all of my life and has kept me going through trials that most people say that they couldn't have endured - but it was all of Him and not my own strength - but only from 'seeing' HIM - the reality of Him - that He is in fact GOD and sits on the ONE Throne - yes - it did "awe me to Life" as my profile explains.

When you have that type of experience - 'mystical indeed' - then all that is outside of Him, is seen for what it is.

Thank you for your words.
I too had to start in the RCC until at 10 I left saying "This is not GOD."
I suppose if I had to be classified under any sort of 'branch', I'd be the Old time AoG. Very mystical but equally balancing with the Word. Equally.

Blessings to all on here.

2011/10/12 21:03

Re:

Jesus-is God writes..........

"I've been IN His presence and the Glory is something that will remain within my mind and soul for all of my life and has kept me going through trials that most people say that they couldn't have endured - but it was all of Him and not my own strength - but only from 'seeing' HIM - the reality of Him - that He is in fact GOD and sits on the ONE Throne - yes - it did "awe me to Life" as my profile explains."

Praise the Lord sister. I wonder if there is anyone else out there who could testify to the kind of encounter that my sister just articulated? Or maybe you have heard tale of such an encounter but it is a mystery to you? ...........brother Frank

2011/10/13 0:16
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Another voice from the early church

Bro. Frank:

I am blessed by the reminder. The longer I walk with the Lord the more I find that as I walk and pray in my back yard I find myself simply saying over and over again, "Lord, you are so beautiful and I love you so much." The interesting thing about that statement is that as a fallen man I know that I have no real concept of beauty or of love that comes close to comparing to that of the Lord.

As to mysticism, I was above 30 years old before I ever heard the term "mystic" as applied to believers. I recall nights at a small youth camp near Baxter Springs, KS spent seeking God in my teens when I would be lost in His presence for up to five hours at a time. I would not realize how long I had prayed but it would be 2 am when I rose from praying. I was so aware of the power and presence of God on and around me. My whole body would buzz and tingle. The joy and the peace of God were indescribable. It has been perhaps once or twice in my adult years that I have had anything resembling that experience. Obviously we cannot live in a continual experience such as that and I do not attempt in any way to "get back to that place", but I am so thankful that God visited me in that way. I have seen many supernatural workings of the Holy Spirit in my life. Truly God does work supernaturally in, among, and through His people. I believe from reading and observation that when a man lived in the passionate pursuit of God and was full of the Holy Spirit, and when God moved through that man in supernatural manifestation, that people looked at that man an labeled him a Mystic. Perhaps the term itself is a bit too "mystical" and we take it to mean something more than simply, "a man being used by the Holy Spirit and who walks closely with God."

2011/10/13 9:54Profile

Re:

Great post brother Travis. amen and amen!....... brother Frank

2011/10/13 9:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy