SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Being Fruitful

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kingdom_man_

Being Fruitful

Three verses in: Proverbs 12

3 A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.

7 The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand.

12 The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.

I want to base what I have to say today on these three verses, so keep them in mind.

The trials and sufferings that we go through can be compared to when we plant. Because what we reap is a by-product of what we sow.

The result of our trials is often tears and weeping.

Psalm 126:5 “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.”

Having said that, people that cry all the time, about everything really get to me. Its like I am afraid of talking to them because I might make them cry, and that sucks.

Think about when you plant seeds in a pot. Things will struggle to grow if you plant too many seeds in one pot. Some people think the more the cry, the easier things will become, the clearer the solution will be etc. But it doesn’t work like that. Its not an equation of more equals more. The more tears you cry doesn’t relate to the more joy you will experience.

Ecclesiastes 3:4 “A time to weep, and a time to laugh” It’s about balance, about knowing when enough tears have been shed, and when it is time to laugh.

Aren’t we called to be overcomers?

When we learn to overcome our present trials, we can have a time of harvest, reaping and celebration. It is this joy that carries us through the next trial. So next time you face a trial, remind yourself of the joy that comes when you have overcome something.

If you have never experienced this joy, maybe it is time that you got over your issues.

I remember a pretty hard time that I was faced with, nothing I did seemed to work, and sadly, I lost my relationship with the Lord. The way I got back on track was taking the focus of the problem and the negative things in my life, and onto the solution and positives.

Surely as Christians, we are called to know the solution and to emphasis the positive.

This kind of attitude is the root and foundation of the righteous.

If you are the kind of person who is always focusing on the solution and positive things, how hard is it to sway and move you?

Think of a tree. One is always blown around by the wind, and has shallow roots. If any, what kind of fruit will it produce? Good, healthy and abundant? Or limp, unripe and small?

We want to be trees of righteousness that don’t sway. We want to bear abundant fruit.

John 15:1-2 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

If you are bearing fruit, do you think this means the winds won’t hit you? No, they’ll likely hit you twice as hard so you’ll become even stronger. If God knows you can handle it because you have deep-rooted faith, then He’ll let you have it.

Psalm 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Remember Ecclesiastes 3:1 “To every thing there is a season”

What season are you in?

· Planting or reaping
· Weeping or laughing

Do you want to be fruitful and prosper?

We need to do some things.

First, we must have the right heart.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

We must prepare our soil by having soft hearts. We must allow the Spirit to toil and plough in us.

Second, we must have the right foundation.

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

We must have a solid foundation of Christ: Our Rock. For there are many winds, and floods, and rain that could wash us away. But this is Gods promise: Build on the Rock and you won’t be washed away.

Doing these two things will lead to a fruitful life. The outcome of our lives should be the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

2004/12/30 4:13Profile
NewYear

Re: Being Fruitful

Hallelujah! My Love--You know how to encourage yourself, you go girl.

I Love You

2004/12/30 11:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy